PDA

View Full Version : Coal Lake

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-18-2008, 02:51 PM
hey does anyone know The direction from beaumont to go to the south shore of Coal lake I think theres a camp ground there but not 100% sure , any info would be good , Ive only been to the north shore . Wanting to go slay some Pike. Anyway thanks to all who reply .

Jason Balesdent
05-18-2008, 02:56 PM
www.google.ca

upper left on the page click on maps, type in coal lake and it will show you all the roads you need.

redneck posse
05-18-2008, 02:59 PM
straight down 50th st untill you hit 616 the road AFTER the rollie view rd. should be some big tall grain sillos on the right if they haven't fallen over yet.hand a left about 2-3 miles theres a boat launch on one side of the road and a old camp area they shut down on the other. i think you can still camp there just no bathrooms firepits ect....

sorry john should have read better this is for the north launch

05-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Its ok REdneck posse, no worrys . I love fishin at Coal , fished there a few times during the winter , and fished there last fall a few times made for good fishing , then a firend told me if I was to try early season right after ice melt , the Pike action along the shore line is very good . So I think im going to check it out tommorow for a few hours maybe for the afternoon havent desided might go during the day will have to see . Im stuck fishing the shoreline until I can get ither a new motor or figure out whats wrong with mine . The thing keeps flooding even when running , I ran the choke for a few pulls and then nothing so Im not wondering if its foobared or what , but ill have to fill my 50 gal drum up with water agian and see if I cant get it going , had it running last fall as I went to add fresh gas for over the winter and now its not starting .Oh well fishing from shore isnt so bad.Or I guess I could just row out there put the anchor down and have at er. Anyway thanks for your reply Redneck posse

redneck posse
05-18-2008, 03:48 PM
only fished there once really weedy. caught one small pike. never ice fished it.

05-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Its good for ice fishing if you like pike fishing , defenetly a great time set out a tip up or 3 and do a little vertical jigging and wham FISH ON , perch fishing is good there also , in winter only , never caught a single perch during the summer but the winter is good. Anyway Im going to get stuff ready my pike / musky crank baits and spoons , and I like bait hooks with those 4 inch smelt or anchovie works well too and they hit it like a ton of bricks.cast out 30 or 40 yards , If your good enough a 50 yarder , and put a bobber and the hooks with the anchovie and let it sit there give it a bit and whamo youll have fish no problem. Looking forward to going maybe monday if not mid week .

05-18-2008, 07:13 PM
0K folks anyone care to join us tommrow at Coal lake going to meet about 1030 ish give or take . Redneck posse myself , Mr newf and a few other feel free to show up and meet some other guys should be fun. I wont be doing one of my well known shore lunch. So bring your sandwiches and sun tan lotion.

travisj
05-19-2008, 09:19 PM
How was fishin at Coal today?

redneck posse
05-19-2008, 09:44 PM
a little slow bigbadjohn landed 3-4 small ones and missed a couple. i landed 2-3 small ones and a nice fat one. lost two fish due to the cheap line i was useing, thanks again john for the new line. beautifull day all around, not bad fishing, good guy to fish with, beats working.i left at 5:30 and bbj was getting ready for round 2 so he may still be out there.

The Copenhagen Kid
05-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Anyone going this week, and when?

05-19-2008, 11:04 PM
I cant until the weekend unless someone wants to come watch my dog , or more like her watch you , but im not taking her out in public. Anyway i just got home another long as5 day on the lake , Once redneck posse left actually as he was leaving the parking lot I hook up on a monster the other guys I got fishing with , had a tape measured 38 inches long and 21 1/2 gerth , she was a mamoth . tossed her back to make more of those monsters , and thats not even that big of a monster for Coal as ive been told . Also the Conservation officer stopped by a friendly hello didnt even ask for licenses , or to check hooks , I think he realised my park bench and wicked sun tan lines were enough for him to un warent a license inspection he asked a large group to far east of us , but not us I was kinda shocked wasnt worried though im always legal . So to heck with jigs for fishing for pike im sticking to the Spoon , ive never used a spoon for pike before , always use jig or bait hooks. Anyway we had a heck of a good day my final numbers were about 30 fish after 6:00 the fishing picked up every 2nd cast lots were small bug had a few 8-10 lbers and a few 5's to .

buckmaster
05-19-2008, 11:11 PM
where are the pics!!!???

05-19-2008, 11:40 PM
the camera died . I had the guy that helped me measure the pike but the thing wouldnt turn on and its not like I can just put down a fish that big so im SOL for pictures and the batterys were dead , Redneck Posse shoulda taken a few picutres but he forgot the camera at home .the only thing I got for proof is the slime on my shirt and pants .

redneck posse
05-20-2008, 06:01 PM
sorry man i deleted it out of friendship kevin

happy perch fisher
05-20-2008, 06:44 PM
I cant until the weekend unless someone wants to come watch my dog , or more like her watch you , but im not taking her out in public. Anyway i just got home another long as5 day on the lake , Once redneck posse left actually as he was leaving the parking lot I hook up on a monster the other guys I got fishing with , had a tape measured 38 inches long and 21 1/2 gerth , she was a mamoth . tossed her back to make more of those monsters , and thats not even that big of a monster for Coal as ive been told . Also the Conservation officer stopped by a friendly hello didnt even ask for licenses , or to check hooks , I think he realised my park bench and wicked sun tan lines were enough for him to un warent a license inspection he asked a large group to far east of us , but not us I was kinda shocked wasnt worried though im always legal . So to heck with jigs for fishing for pike im sticking to the Spoon , ive never used a spoon for pike before , always use jig or bait hooks. Anyway we had a heck of a good day my final numbers were about 30 fish after 6:00 the fishing picked up every 2nd cast lots were small bug had a few 8-10 lbers and a few 5's to .

lmao same story with u everytime as soon as everyone leaves or no one else is around. You apparently catch alot more and alot bigger fish. Does'nt something sound a little fishey?

ukrmaf
05-20-2008, 07:50 PM
my brother hauled in a pike no joke mustavbeen 20lbs or so a few years back on coal but then it got super weedy, still great lake close to the city for some jack action, also know someone that pulled a 1.5lb perch out of there but in the last few years the perch have been hard to find.

05-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Well here you are , to the Big fish we caught a nice one the rest small, went back tonight and caught a few more heres the picture.
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/barry1stpike.jpg

05-20-2008, 11:38 PM
lmao same story with u everytime as soon as everyone leaves or no one else is around. You apparently catch alot more and alot bigger fish. Does'nt something sound a little fishey?

why dont you shut your face , actually its not the same story where do you get off by saying this **** , your the guy who got called out and didnt show up to a fish off to prove your the oh so mighty fishermen , Thats what i thought , im not into your childhood games kid now go back to the fisherprice forum.I dont care if I get banned or kicked off here , im sick of the crap that goes on in these forums , and im probably one of the first to come out and say it , it doesnt make me more of a man to call someone names but Im not going to take the crap that some love to feed on these forums , not just Alberta outdoorsmen , its all of them . Same people feeding the same BS. And im sorry if some are offended by this post , im sorry but this isnt right to let these punks cut us down to piles of crap . Its not right , and I dont deserve this nore does any other member of this forum or any other forum. As for my name calling i edited my post , took out some of the things I said and replaced them with a better choice of words , I dont need to stoop to there level of a55holeness. Just because they can cut someone down and think its alright doesnt mean it is . And once agian id like to say im sorry if ive offended anyone , I just needed to make a point of the crap that goes on . Ive really had enough of it and came out and said it.

05-20-2008, 11:41 PM
funny how the guy that caught little ones all day catches the big ones AFTER the fishing partner leaves and no pics.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whatever man I dont care. I dont give two ****s what anyone thinks ive never needed to lie , its a ****in fish , I dont understand why people over and over agian have to cut down a guy , beleave it for what he says , and if hes the one who gotta lie well **** him them . Im so sick of the same bs . But whatever . seems to always be the same guys calling on the people questioning whatever , im done with this bull**** .

acedave3
05-21-2008, 03:07 AM
Relax John, I believe you! I find that you are an asset to this forum so dont get discouraged over a few uncalled for smart remarks. By reacting to these individuals it makes them the winners, so why bother?
Just my 2 cents. Dave

Dr. Fish
05-21-2008, 07:24 AM
the camera died . I had the guy that helped me measure the pike but the thing wouldnt turn on and its not like I can just put down a fish that big so im SOL for pictures and the batterys were dead , Redneck Posse shoulda taken a few picutres but he forgot the camera at home .the only thing I got for proof is the slime on my shirt and pants .

Thought you didnt get any pictures of the "big pike"?:huh:

05-21-2008, 08:04 AM
I didnt we went back last night fished in the rain. pictures were taken with a cell phone.

redneck posse
05-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Whatever man I dont care. I dont give two ****s what anyone thinks ive never needed to lie , its a ****in fish , I dont understand why people over and over agian have to cut down a guy , beleave it for what he says , and if hes the one who gotta lie well **** him them . Im so sick of the same bs . But whatever . seems to always be the same guys calling on the people questioning whatever , im done with this bull**** .

john relax i belive you why wouldn't i. i was just yanking your chain. my stupid sence of humour sorry if it came across like i thought you where lieing. i know theres some big fish in there look at the first one i lost how big must she have been. agian man i sorry if i came across as if i was questioning you i didn't mean my post that way kevin

05-21-2008, 08:24 AM
IM sorry im sorry im sorry. I wasnt just jumping on you I was jumping on HAPPY PERCH FISHER too . Thart guy always has a problem with everyone. It just upsets me is all . I didnt intend to be a hot headed ******* but when someone makes a comment that questions what I say im not affraid to stand my ground as im a honest person.And soory agian.Im thje ******* now.

05-21-2008, 08:30 AM
delete please

05-21-2008, 08:31 AM
heres another picture from lasty night .
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/barrypike2.jpg

redneck posse
05-21-2008, 08:37 AM
no need for you to appolagize i was one of the jack***** that got you going. agian sorry man now that the touchy feely stuff is done lets go fishing. i'll remember my camera you remember to pick up batteries for yours.

05-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Will do Maybe saturday we can get together agioan, and my friend would like to join aswell.

Morph1
05-21-2008, 10:21 AM
LOL, BBJ , I'd like to see you catching happy perch fisher in person :lol: ,
I can relate to your story cause when everyone leaves that means the evening bite (fishing) is on and that's when the bite starts over again,
I have caught a numerous large trout this way, after almost everyone was gone, I just can't believe you never used spoons while pike fishing,
spin casting is the best thing that there can be, I find jigging boring, maybe that's just me , but I like to move a lot when I fish.

Hope to hook up with you one day and try Coal this year,
been there last year had one hawg snap my 20 LBS fire line like that was grandmas knitting thread :lol: ,there are some huge gators there....

Cheers!

05-21-2008, 10:44 AM
LOL, BBJ , I'd like to see you catching happy perch fisher in person :lol: ,
I can relate to your story cause when everyone leaves that means the evening bite (fishing) is on and that's when the bite starts over again,
I have caught a numerous large trout this way, after almost everyone was gone, I just can't believe you never used spoons while pike fishing,
spin casting is the best thing that there can be, I find jigging boring, maybe that's just me , but I like to move a lot when I fish.

Hope to hook up with you one day and try Coal this year,
been there last year had one hawg snap my 20 LBS fire line like that was grandmas knitting thread :lol: ,there are some huge gators there....

Cheers!

I know its weird , ive never used spoons Its crazy almost . Ive always used bait and bait hooks or jigs ither vertical jigging or cast / retrive . Also those storm baits work well , the ones that look like perch or pike which ever one you choose to use .

As for fishing that would be great always looking for new guys to meet up with . Thinking about doing a cook out / some fishing for this up coming saturday be there or be square type thing . see if i cant get the bbq and cook up some food , or camp stove cook on that . Anyway if your interested or anyone else reading this is interesting just say so and we will get this saturday fishing thing in order .

redneck posse
05-21-2008, 11:03 AM
hey john do you like real german bratwurst? if i can find some in the deep freeze i'll snag a package or two if we go sat. if we can get a portable bbq

05-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Yeah man that stuffs good . Im pretty sure thats the stuff im thinking of , and the bbq is no problem I got my little one , or my buddy is going to bring his portable bbq , i also got a camp stove , just gotta go get a few bottles of propain , ill even bring the perkilator and make us some good ole fishin coffee

JohninAB
05-21-2008, 11:54 AM
BBJ that sounds like a good Saturday deal but I am planning on being on Wabamun catching some toothy critters myself. Is Coal Lake big enough for a 16 foot boat? Never been there myself.

JohninAB
05-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Just checked the Alberta Parks site and says you can power boat on the lake. Anyone know how deep it is? May have to head that way come Saturday and unexpectedly drop in on a shore lunch with my knife and fork naturally! :lol:

05-21-2008, 12:01 PM
yeah man theres lots of guys with bigger boats then that , saw a guy there yesterday must of bought a brand new 22 ft fiberglass lund i was creaming myself at the boat . The boat launch is fairly deep by the looks of it .

JohninAB
05-21-2008, 12:13 PM
BBJ, how does one get to the boat launch??? Also what time you gonna be there on Saturday as I have room in my boat if you wanna head out.

05-21-2008, 12:23 PM
It doesnt bother me anytime is a good time , Why don't we say 8:30 - 9- 10 It dont matter to me and yes if you take the entrance to the main road from off 616 theres a gravel road with a concreate boat launch . im trying to look for depth charts as i have them somewhere . ill let you know the depths . its a 22 mile long lake but only a mile 1/2 wide.

JohninAB
05-21-2008, 12:32 PM
BBJ, 10 be better for me as I am coming fron Entwistle, bout a hour west of Edmonton. I will have to look at a map and figure out how to get to the Rec Area on the southside of the lake.

Steadyup
05-21-2008, 12:43 PM
South boat launch at Gwynne and Hwy 13. Lake maxes out at about 30 feet deep. Big mastercrafts and similar ski boats have no problem on lake.

05-21-2008, 12:45 PM
no no no no the north shore . I dont think theres a boat launch at the south shore .I cant find a number for depth the the deepest is 25 -30 ft at the deepest point I think I could be wrong but i know when we were ice fishing it was deep . plus the 3 feet of ice and we werent very far from shore maybe 20 yards . Anyway If you give me your e mail ill give you the depth chart , the numbering is so small I cant read it

JohninAB
05-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the info. Just did not want to leave my skeg and prop in the bottom of the lake!:lol:

redneck posse
05-21-2008, 12:47 PM
johninab coming in from entwistle the best way would be to come down hiway 16 tell you hit hiway60 south through devon at hiway 19 turn east though nisku untell you hit the lights at beamount turn south and go untill you get to secondary 616 and turn east down the hill boat launch is on the right

Steadyup
05-21-2008, 12:49 PM
no no no no the north shore . I dont think theres a boat launch at the south shore .I cant find a number for depth the the deepest is 25 -30 ft at the deepest point I think I could be wrong but i know when we were ice fishing it was deep . plus the 3 feet of ice and we werent very far from shore maybe 20 yards . Anyway If you give me your e mail ill give you the depth chart , the numbering is so small I cant read it

There is a boat launch on the south side, I use it 2-3 times a week. Hwy 13, 11km's east of Wetaskiwin at GWYNNE.

05-21-2008, 12:56 PM
My bad there is a Boat launch at the south shore . but easyer for you to launch from the north shore .

JohninAB
05-21-2008, 01:02 PM
So north shore launch is the one redneck gave directions too?

redneck posse
05-21-2008, 01:04 PM
just watched the weather report going to rain off and on all week might clear up for sunday. but you know the old saying fish bit better in thr rain. yaeh right..

johninab thats how to get to the north launch

05-21-2008, 01:05 PM
yep

JohninAB
05-21-2008, 01:08 PM
I won't melt if I get wet and I do have my rain gear at all times. With the lake being so narrow and on a N-S axis almost, I would assume wind is not much of a factor?

Weather Network says mainly sunny and 18 for Saturday. Sounds about right for some pike catching!

05-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Thats why i sugested Saturday . Theyll be on a feed especcialy after 2 or 3 days of rain .I need to get some Fat man rain gear , going to see if i cant order some here , not that big clunky yellow or orange junk nither , the light nylon type stuff .sells for about 80 bucks its light and breatheable nothing worse then sweating like a pig in heat .

happy perch fisher
05-21-2008, 01:26 PM
why dont you shut your face , actually its not the same story where do you get off by saying this **** , your the guy who got called out and didnt show up to a fish off to prove your the oh so mighty fishermen , Thats what i thought , im not into your childhood games kid now go back to the fisherprice forum.I dont care if I get banned or kicked off here , im sick of the crap that goes on in these forums , and im probably one of the first to come out and say it , it doesnt make me more of a man to call someone names but Im not going to take the crap that some love to feed on these forums , not just Alberta outdoorsmen , its all of them . Same people feeding the same BS. And im sorry if some are offended by this post , im sorry but this isnt right to let these punks cut us down to piles of crap . Its not right , and I dont deserve this nore does any other member of this forum or any other forum. As for my name calling i edited my post , took out some of the things I said and replaced them with a better choice of words , I dont need to stoop to there level of a55holeness. Just because they can cut someone down and think its alright doesnt mean it is . And once agian id like to say im sorry if ive offended anyone , I just needed to make a point of the crap that goes on . Ive really had enough of it and came out and said it.

lol playing the victim agian. I did'nt care really i know your full of yourself. Everything u know has been taking from somone else. All the lakes and spots u know have been told u by someone else. All u do is tell everyone spots that someone else has showed u and trusted u with. You also either exgarate your report like crazy or just put pure bs on. Unless someone else is with u. Alot people bs on there report. But u take it to the extreme just to impress people. I've seen u before and i actually have talked to u. I know for a fact your mostly all talk. This is before u started posting all these websites. I not going to say where throw u did'nt have to bielve me if u did'nt want to. Why would i show up at stupid derby. Why do i have to prove myself to u your more less a rookie that acts like a professional just to impress people. Thats another reason i stopped posting is because the bs on these message borads.

happy perch fisher
05-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Wow its been 11 minutes yet BBJ probably has'nt posted yet. He's going to try and make a post with all his pictures in to show off same 7 pictures he's been posting for last 4 months 2.

JohninAB
05-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Or maybe he is trying to dummy a post down to your level so you can fully comprehend it!:lol: :lol: :lol:

05-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Hahaha john thats funny . HPF your simply not worth it , and if you know who i am well come on over for coffee , your sadly mistaken . And yeah im playing the victim wa wa wa . frig your simply not worth it , theres lots of deasent guys but your not one of them. I wish I knew who you were , but your talking non sense . Whatever you say HPF . Your the all mighty one . I better bow down and worship the ground you walk , haha ya right .

happy perch fisher
05-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Hahaha john thats funny . HPF your simply not worth it , and if you know who i am well come on over for coffee , your sadly mistaken . And yeah im playing the victim wa wa wa . frig your simply not worth it , theres lots of deasent guys but your not one of them. I wish I knew who you were , but your talking non sense . Whatever you say HPF . Your the all mighty one . I better bow down and worship the ground you walk , haha ya right .

Lol u have nothing to say to me because u know i'm right. Now your trying to play the sympthay card to get everyone your side. I'm kinda amazed that u did'nt post a bunch of pictures. That was'nt like u not to try and show off maybe u seen my other post. Also when did i say i was the all mighty one and that i know everything. Your the one that always posts to try and show off.

05-21-2008, 02:01 PM
yeah thats right needing to show off , actually posting because i can , shareing my experences , and shareing what i know nothing more nothing less . But whatever you like to Label everyone. I do recall you thinking i was some Wilbur guy awhile back you got no clue who i am your so full of **** your eyes are brown .

redneck posse
05-21-2008, 02:03 PM
kind of neat do a search on happy perch fisher. in about 30 or more post that came up he really didn't have anything helpfull to say in any of them. in fact some of them where down right humerous, i really liked the one wher he said "there are no whitefish in pigoen lake" almost fell out of my chair. :lol: :lol:

JohninAB
No sympathy card here for BBJ. Just tired of childish, immature posts like yours that add nothing to a discussion.

There are sayings out there that describe posters like you but I will not stoop to your level nor try and rephrase them into a level someone of your diminished mental capacity can understand.

tonyflyfish
I enjoy your posts! Hopefully you don't let one or two of these guys wreck your day!

T

05-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Naw its simply not worth letting the little puke get under your skin . I just had enough bs and made it known , some might call it bitching but it wasnt , and im impressed it wasnt deleted by the moderaters on here . Glad to see there willing for someone to speak there mind .

happy perch fisher
05-21-2008, 02:13 PM
And so it starts here comes all of big bad johns buddys aka people that are just mooching off him. I know your going to defend him because he give u easy info that he ripped off someone else. Yah big bad john is just sharing with u what someone else trusted him with. All u do is steal information off people. lol i never said there where no whitefish left in pigion lake if i remeber correctly that post was about people saying the tag system was a tax grab. I said something like the walleye where eating all the smaller whitefish and perch and all the bigger whitefish that where left where either being caught or dieing of old age and soon there would be very few to no whitefish left in there.

tonyflyfish
05-21-2008, 02:18 PM
I have never "mooched" anything off of the guy they call BBJ. Don't start in in me you little piece of vomit! I joined this board in April and have done minimal posting but enjoy reading what others are up to.
We don't need nor want your type here. Don't go away mad just go away.

Most of us just like to fish and to share the stories and the pics. I could careless if 1/2 people like you are here or not-you do nothing more than clutter the board.

Tony

bearbait
05-21-2008, 02:55 PM
dont even reply to the bs.....not worth the finger cramps....hpf im sure you to have been showen spots and took people to them...dont comment if its to flame....just a childish thing to do...and remember its a small world...some day u just might come face to face with the guys u talk shi# to....thats when bad things happen...why cant we all just keep the trolling or flameing to our selfs???pretty bad when grown men act worse then kids...get a grip..
rob
could be on a shore or lake near you!!

redneck posse
05-21-2008, 02:56 PM
so back to where we were before the B.S started.....saturday 10 am north launch i'll bring the bratwurst and buns

05-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Ill bring potatos and propain but for small portable bbq and camp stove and ill bring coffee . i gotta talk to my buddy see what hes gonna bring

JohninAB
05-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Coffee??? Yucky pooey!!!!!:sick: :sick:

I will bring my wit, charm and devlish good looks! :innocent:

Seriously anything I should grab? I will be in the copper color GMC Canyon towing a black and grey Crestliner boat so if you see me wandering around lost give a wave!

redneck posse
05-21-2008, 03:51 PM
i drive a blue ranger with a four kc light set on the front grill

Morph1
05-21-2008, 03:54 PM
I heard the south side has a better boat launch and fishing is supposed to be much better, I've never been there myself as I am coming from Edmonton,
but some guys've been there and said its less weeds too.
Hey John I would like to join you guys , but already last weekend made plans to go to Lake Isle - excellent pike fishing, we are packing my zodiak full of gear and gonna try to camp on one of the Islands, kind of adventure....
Well happy fishing guys and don't stress out over BS , I use a method goes in this ear and comes out the other LOL and then I give a smile. :lol:

Cheers

The Copenhagen Kid
05-21-2008, 04:23 PM
The south end is typically better fishing in my opinion, have fished all over, but I always tend to head back to the south end. I have never launched at the north end (but it looks fine) I have a 19' campion, and not a problem at the south end.. This is a great time to fish this lake as the weeks are minimal now compared to later on.. If you leave the south launch, go approx 1 mile north, and either troll the weedline, or cast on the west side. some Big ones over there too.

On that not, if anyone wants to fish this week, let me know, I am around all week. day or evening, pm me if interested! I am in Camrose so I will use the south launch, and I am only 20 mins away. Also dont worry about rain, I can put up the tops to stay dry! :)

redneck posse
05-21-2008, 05:54 PM
going to try the south end tomarrow see what the hype is about. made see you there.

05-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Coffee??? Yucky pooey!!!!!:sick: :sick:

I will bring my wit, charm and devlish good looks! :innocent:

Seriously anything I should grab? I will be in the copper color GMC Canyon towing a black and grey Crestliner boat so if you see me wandering around lost give a wave!

You just bring your boat and you , gotta take me out for a round of trolling hahaha and ill buy you a good shore lunch .

05-21-2008, 06:04 PM
The south end is typically better fishing in my opinion, have fished all over, but I always tend to head back to the south end. I have never launched at the north end (but it looks fine) I have a 19' campion, and not a problem at the south end.. This is a great time to fish this lake as the weeks are minimal now compared to later on.. If you leave the south launch, go approx 1 mile north, and either troll the weedline, or cast on the west side. some Big ones over there too.

On that not, if anyone wants to fish this week, let me know, I am around all week. day or evening, pm me if interested! I am in Camrose so I will use the south launch, and I am only 20 mins away. Also dont worry about rain, I can put up the tops to stay dry! :)

Maybe another time . i gotta stick close to home , got a sister here and she has homework to do , i shoulda planned something for today took the dog to the dog parlor and was home here argueing with a moron which was pointless oh ya and drank 5 xl black coffee's from tims.

redneck posse
05-21-2008, 06:48 PM
hey jonhinAB how big a motor do you have? maby i'll grag a towrope and a waterski and we'll see if we can get BBJ up on a ski..:lol: :lol: :lol:

JohninAB
05-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Sorry, the ski boat with the 150 on it is at my mom's cabin. I only have a 50 hp motor. Pull a kid up for sure, not so sure an adult.

tbiddy
05-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Thats why i sugested Saturday . Theyll be on a feed especcialy after 2 or 3 days of rain .I need to get some Fat man rain gear , going to see if i cant order some here , not that big clunky yellow or orange junk nither , the light nylon type stuff .sells for about 80 bucks its light and breatheable nothing worse then sweating like a pig in heat .

Was reading the site and saw that you needed some rain gear for a bigger guy. I got some sweet stuff from a place out in BC. The website is http://www.jenelco.com/en/. Amazing customer service. They sent me some rain gear to borrow on a shark hunt in Alaska. When the stuff I ordered was done they sent me that stuff and a cheque to mail back the stuff I borrowed. I liked it so much I kept both. Super light and very breathable. I got a set made up to 7x to fit all warm clothes under it. Here is a pic of the rain gear and one of that catch.

The Fisherman Guy
05-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Relax John, I believe you! I find that you are an asset to this forum so dont get discouraged over a few uncalled for smart remarks. By reacting to these individuals it makes them the winners, so why bother?
Just my 2 cents. Dave

I have not been on here long, and I agree with Dave, yer a solid guy who does not need to get down on someone elses issues. I was beginning to wonder where the Big Bad John came from, all of your posts are positive!! Keep up the good fishin stories, I enjoy them! and just for you BBJ, I will keep my shirt on from now on!

TundraBuck
05-21-2008, 09:36 PM
John I am enjoying your photos and fishing stories. I believe them all. Don't let morons like happy perch fisher put you down, he can sit on here and bitch and whine and **** and moan, but yet he never posts pictures or suggest anything productive.

05-21-2008, 11:17 PM
I have not been on here long, and I agree with Dave, yer a solid guy who does not need to get down on someone elses issues. I was beginning to wonder where the Big Bad John came from, all of your posts are positive!! Keep up the good fishin stories, I enjoy them! and just for you BBJ, I will keep my shirt on from now on!

HAHAHAH Thats funny nah im just kidding

05-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Ok so lets just find out whos coming saturday so I know how much food to bring. NOTE BRING YOUR OWN CUP AND PLATE AND FORK. I will cook up potatos, I do beleave redneck posse is brionging brautworsts , and my buddy bringin burgers, someone bring pop keep in mind we camn do this as a group thing can be alot of fun. I have also told others to bring stuff from 3 other forums , looks like we can get a few guys out, lots of room so feel free to bring your friends wives girl friends family's.

WHERE WERE MEETING : Coal lake north shore. you will see me dark blue dodge truck .

TIME WERE MEETING: 10:00

anyone with any issues post them.

ukrmaf
05-23-2008, 02:19 AM
I know its weird , ive never used spoons Its crazy almost . Ive always used bait and bait hooks or jigs ither vertical jigging or cast / retrive . Also those storm baits work well , the ones that look like perch or pike which ever one you choose to use .

As for fishing that would be great always looking for new guys to meet up with . Thinking about doing a cook out / some fishing for this up coming saturday be there or be square type thing . see if i cant get the bbq and cook up some food , or camp stove cook on that . Anyway if your interested or anyone else reading this is interesting just say so and we will get this saturday fishing thing in order .

which part of the lake will you be fishing, i woulndnt mind heading out, probably a good way to meet some of the guys on here.

ukrmaf
05-23-2008, 02:39 AM
:rolleyes: alright i'm obviously a tool because i posted without reading the rest of the posts, i will be showing up but sometime later in the day, if i can find someone to come with me i'll bring the 16ft'er and troll like a madman, i may also have room on the boat if i do bring it, good peeps are always welcome, driving a red tundra with black canopy.

By the way anyone know the pike regs off-hand for the lake, oh and seeing as how there are some touchy folks on the forum i will probably end up taking a fish home to fry up if possible hope no-one gets bent out of shape about that, lol.

BBJ, every time i'm on here i'm checking out your pics and reading cool stuff you write about your fishing endevours, so keep truckn' man its all good, and dont loose one second of sleep over ingnorant people.

05-23-2008, 07:18 AM
Coal Lake
May 16 to Mar. 31 – Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Perch limit 5.
Apr. 1 to May 15 – CLOSED

600twin
05-23-2008, 07:28 AM
I have fished Coal lake a bunch in the past ,north boat launch i believe is 5' of water right on the launch . I can't remember any bad spots in it but it has been a few years since i have been there, and the pike were mighty tasty as well.

tbiddy
05-23-2008, 07:50 AM
I have a 24' foot Crestliner pontoon boat that we are itching to get out on the water next week. Does Coal Lake have a decent boat launch that we could launch at??

05-23-2008, 08:03 AM
yes it does just depends where you want to launch from the north or south shore.

JohninAB
05-23-2008, 09:11 AM
BBJ, unless something comes up between now and then I will be there for 10 am. I will bring a couple of cases of soda pop, Pepsi and Root Beer okay?

I have the copper colored GMC Canyon and be pulling the black and silver Crestliner boat. Someone going to have a towrope there in case the launch is not good as it should be as my little truck is only 2 wheel drive and don't want to pay for the gas to bring my 4x4 ( I am cheap) LOL.

BBJ, if you got a cell number pm it to me and I will send ya mine incase I get lost or something.

05-23-2008, 09:41 AM
I got chains and a truck . :lol: :lol: :lol: like i said , its a cement boatlaunch . and they seem to keep it fairly maintained as the other day Tuesday when we were there , there were a few guys doing grass and stuff , sure John bring soda's whatever you want man , this is going to be a kick ass time , ive been talking to tundra buck says he may come , and same with moosehunter3-0 not forsure but ive let them know. Any rate im off to a meeting in my GIT R DONE shirt see if i cant dress to impress . Anyway I will be back this afternoon, IF ANYONE NEEDS ANYTHING PHONE 780-668-0288

SNAPFisher
05-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Guys, have a great time out there on Saturday! I fully expect a report back with pics :D

I'm heading to Sylvan with my dad on Saturday to try for some open water whites and "Molly-sized" gators. I'll be sure to report back....unless we get skunked ;)

redneck posse
05-23-2008, 10:09 AM
okay john i'm in i can only find one package of homemade german bratworst i'll bring it along and i'll grab some dogs from sobeys.

JohninAB
05-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Snapfisher be careful what ya ask for, some of us may not be too photogenic and may scare the youngens! :lol: :lol:

springfisher
05-23-2008, 10:37 AM
hey happy perch fisher...... can you please just go away now, we all know who the idiot is and the more you talk, the more you remove any doubt! BBJ, dont give guys like this the time of day

bobalong
05-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Guys, have a great time out there on Saturday! I fully expect a report back with pics :D

I'm heading to Sylvan with my dad on Saturday to try for some open water whites and "Molly-sized" gators. I'll be sure to report back....unless we get skunked ;)

Hey Snap
Pretty flashy looking rig you got there, I am thinking you may need a new postal code for the boat ,as I am sure that is where you will be most of the time. Are you planning a trip to Cold Lake this summer, I think we are going about the same time this year (mid July).Have a great summer and maybe we will see ya on the water.

05-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Oh im getting really excited , going to be alot of fun meeting new guys all the time , and such. Not to mention the good food , ill bring the oil and a pan to cook a few fish up if anyones interested in that .

SNAPFisher
05-24-2008, 12:04 AM
Hey Snap
Pretty flashy looking rig you got there, I am thinking you may need a new postal code for the boat ,as I am sure that is where you will be most of the time. Are you planning a trip to Cold Lake this summer, I think we are going about the same time this year (mid July).Have a great summer and maybe we will see ya on the water.

Hey Bobalong! Thanks! I do intend to try to "overuse" that boat...if such a thing can happen. I am planning several trips to Cold Lake. First one is next weekend. I'll be sure to report back. I'm also planning to go back likely in mid-July. We just might have to hook up. Cheers!

05-25-2008, 12:29 AM
So ok We did alright , Don't ask Johninab ,or redneck posse , but something about after that 4th fish i caught dispite being a hammer handle , were going to push me in the water . Anyway It was a real honor and pleasure to fish with all and some Of our friends that are outsiders , Besides a major insident as we were cooking shore lunch , The little guy caught him ,self with a hook had into his head 2 treable hooks . We quickly cut off the spoon and trebles off the hook , they went to wetaskiwin hospital and within an hour returned to do more fishing . Earlyer in the after noon the young boy Caught his first fish and here she is . http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/IMG_0405.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/IMG_0406.jpg
Id like to thank you guys agian , and look forward to doing it agian soon. And sorry john that you werent able to stay longer and id really once agian to thank you agian for taking us trolling . Disbite the oh ya its a big one .:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh yeah and shore lunch was awesome .

ukrmaf
05-25-2008, 01:44 AM
Great evening of fishing with the guys out at coal, landed several pike, thanks again BBJ for the shore lunch it was awesome, redneck for the bobber and shades, really nice to get out and meet some of the folk on here, hopefully we can all do it again. BBJ i'll pm you if i end up going tomorrow.:wave:

collectornine
05-25-2008, 05:15 AM
Great thread love the pic's Thanks for shareing .

JohninAB
05-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Well met up with BBJ and redneck posse at Coal Lake Saturday. Couple of good ole boys for sure and a very pleasurable fishing trip except for the fact BBJ hawged all the fish and wouldn't let me or redneck posse catch any. :lol: :lol:

BBJ sure had the touch as he hauled in a good 6 or 7 fish for sure while fishing with me.

Next time though I am going to turn the tables on him or he will get thrown overboard! :lol: :lol:

redneck posse
05-25-2008, 11:23 AM
thats okay JohninAB he hogged all the fish all afternoon too, the only good thing is the little guy caught the bigest. thanks agian for taking us out in your boat nice ride. man you missed a great shore lunch BBJ can realy cook. i finally broke my streak and landed 3-4 in the afternoon. good nice guys to fish with good eats little guys first fish made for a very fun day.

05-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Great evening of fishing with the guys out at coal, landed several pike, thanks again BBJ for the shore lunch it was awesome, redneck for the bobber and shades, really nice to get out and meet some of the folk on here, hopefully we can all do it again. BBJ i'll pm you if i end up going tomorrow.:wave:

souinds good, Or maybe even one evening we could all meet up anytime after 5 is good for me.

05-25-2008, 12:26 PM
yeah I think ya mannaged a few deasent fish I dont know, It really died of except for them polish potchers down from us , luckly the conservation officer , arrived and we reported our findings. I am not the local snitch But i have a zero tollerance for poching. I love being abnle to keep the off fish or two to take home and cook for dinner. Hopefully they catch thing guy keeping at least 2 stringers of fish a day. It really ticks me off clowns who do that.

05-30-2008, 01:16 AM
Went out agian tonight man the fish were just pounding the hooks , setting the hook 1/2 faster and you missed them but letting even that 1.2 more and they would end up swollowing the hook very deep there was about 6 or 7 times had to preform surgery damn near , and its painful to see these beautiful 8 or 10 lbers end up floating because they have bleed due to the hook being caught in there gills and basically killing them , we ended up keeping 2 fish that we didnt really want to keep , my buddy ended up taking them home there going to smoke them , anyway fishing was hot agian tonight , the ticket tonight was jig head and smelt vertically jigging with a slip bobber , thats how we caught out biggest , caught tons on spoons and other stuff aswell but the ticket tonight was jig head and smelt , it was pretty crazy always a great time fishing with mr anvil ,and his lady .Im sure he will post some pictures here tonight or tommorow , headed out agian Saturday my spidey sences are saying good fishing day, esspecially with tommrow expecting rain all day . Tight lines yall and play safe .

diamond k
05-30-2008, 03:16 PM
It is spelled POACHING I know you tried a couple of different ways to spell it and it was a good try but this is the correct spelling for next time.

deerassassin
05-30-2008, 03:37 PM
yeah they sure were hittin the spoons hard hopefully they will hit harder next week

05-30-2008, 04:44 PM
It is spelled POACHING I know you tried a couple of different ways to spell it and it was a good try but this is the correct spelling for next time.

LAST TIME I CHECKED THIS WASNT A SPELLING TEST . I finished school 8 years ago and college 3 yrs after that , and spelling is long gone life is all about mistakes and i dont care if its spelt right or wrong thats what spell check is for .:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

05-30-2008, 04:45 PM
yeah they sure were hittin the spoons hard hopefully they will hit harder next week

thats a big ole 10-4

The Anvil
05-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Roger 496 this is the Rubber Duck.... just working on loading up a few photos from coal lake last night.

05-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Roger 496 this is the Rubber Duck.... just working on loading up a few photos from coal lake last night.

breaker breaker , are ya comin tommorow or what , talked to travis told em to meet me there between 1030 and 11 . i picked up some stuff tonight , Anvil ill bring steaks you pick up deasent buns well do steak sandwiches . anyway could you pick me up some smelts , not minnows smelts liek the ones you had with you . I picked up some stuff tonight went in to see the boys down at the fishing centre always a pleasure dealing with John and Lorne , good guys down there .

06-02-2008, 10:57 AM
The day time fishing has slowed right down 2 days in a row hardly any fish , like 5 or 6 and then once evening hits there hammering the hook every 2nd or 3rd cast , biggest was 42 inches figured about 20 lbs was a big ole fish . Had the camera no one to take pictures that was yesterday .

The Anvil
06-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Here are some pics from coal lake last week.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/CoalLakeMay292008011.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/CoalLakeMay292008012.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/CoalLakeMay292008015.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/CoalLakeMay292008016.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/CoalLakeMay292008018.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/CoalLakeMay292008019.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/CoalLakeMay312008001.jpg

Just a couple pics to add.

06-02-2008, 07:44 PM
hey anvil whos that stud behind ya in that 3rd picture in the blue shirt and cigarette.

tonyflyfish
06-02-2008, 09:49 PM
is the guide! lol

moosehunter3-0
06-02-2008, 10:53 PM
that last ones BIG:) nice pike they all look healthy

dumbrad
06-04-2008, 06:02 AM
i was looking at some info about coal lake and discovered your forum. It was very int. and I enjoyed learning about what kind of a fishing hole I am going to. I hope to visit this Saturday. Maybe my family and I shall see you there too!

dumbrad
06-04-2008, 06:05 AM
thaqnx fo all the info on the great fishin' hole.

The Anvil
06-08-2008, 02:25 AM
I think i might head out to Coal today.... all depends on the weather.
Anyone else getting out.... I might head out after 11am.... will have to see.
Might head west and try the trout lakes.... had a great day on Hasse and Chickakoo today and yesterday.

travisj
06-08-2008, 07:55 PM
I should have checked the forums earlier, I would have met up with you. I chickened out but could have easily been persuaded to go. I was leaning towards Coal but would have gone anywhere!
Did you make it out?

Diggs08
06-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Any going fishin on the 15 th this month if so where and when ???

The Anvil
06-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Nope never made it out to coal..... headed west instead went Trout fishing at Chickakoo and Hasse. Lots of little guys and a few 18+ from hasse.

Diggs08
06-12-2008, 07:24 AM
Going to coal lake sunday morn any one going ?

el sparko
06-12-2008, 09:54 AM
hey bbj! nice to see folks are still catching them sharks at coal! i live just down the road and everything you have wrote about the fishing there rings true.
this lake sees very little pressure considering how close it is to edmonton and there have been some true lunkers pulled out of there over the years.
i'm curious, have you had any reports of how the perch fishing is? for a few years there in the late 80's i was sure the provincal record would come out of coal, but i guess the "water wolves" have thinned them out.

Morph1
06-12-2008, 10:10 AM
I had pulled some perch out of Coal last year,
they were in range of 10 inches and very tasty,
I was getting them in about 14-18 ft of water using maggots jigging,
It wasn't a crazy mad action though but all worth it.

Hope this helps.

06-14-2008, 09:43 PM
hey bbj! nice to see folks are still catching them sharks at coal! i live just down the road and everything you have wrote about the fishing there rings true.
this lake sees very little pressure considering how close it is to edmonton and there have been some true lunkers pulled out of there over the years.
i'm curious, have you had any reports of how the perch fishing is? for a few years there in the late 80's i was sure the provincal record would come out of coal, but i guess the "water wolves" have thinned them out.

Hey by chance is this Cam ? Im not to sure about the perch i only fish for them small things in the winter , I love my pike fishing though . Man nothing better then hearing ole sally ripping 25 feet of line at a time . And watching her jump. Sorry for the delayed message ive been away , Was out at south buck lake with a bunch of the guys we had a week long HOMO free event .:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If you ever see my dark blue dodge there dont hesitate to come say hi theres many people that know me around there. just Ask around.

whitetailhntr
06-14-2008, 10:20 PM
good to see you back bbj thought you went missing!!

06-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Naw Man Went On A Big Ole Fishin Trip, Got Another In July And Agian For 2 Weeks In August.

The Anvil
06-21-2008, 01:17 AM
Heading out to Coal in the Morning...going to try my luck at catching a few perch and for sure latch on to some nice pike.

Will post some pics....of the lake at least.

The Anvil
06-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Got a nasty sunburn......didn't fish much most of them were hammer handles the ones i did catch. Still a great day to be out in my buddy's boat.

06-24-2008, 12:25 AM
How far south did you guys go how deep of water or did you just fish our useual area. The weeds are stsarting to form quite alot. looks like pigeon here I come.Thats the craps about coal all the weeds into the suymmer and this is nothing wait 6 weeks and you will have a tuff time launching your boat. My buddy was there on the weekend and they caught 2 carp . wondered if they havent started intrudceing carp to eat some of the weeds.

Steadyup
06-24-2008, 07:43 AM
How far south did you guys go how deep of water or did you just fish our useual area. The weeds are stsarting to form quite alot. looks like pigeon here I come.Thats the craps about coal all the weeds into the suymmer and this is nothing wait 6 weeks and you will have a tuff time launching your boat. My buddy was there on the weekend and they caught 2 carp . wondered if they havent started intrudceing carp to eat some of the weeds.

If so, they will need 100 million of them to even make a dent come August!

06-24-2008, 11:37 AM
If so, they will need 100 million of them to even make a dent come August!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: isnt that the truth

redneck posse
06-24-2008, 05:11 PM
seems funny with all the fishing the group has done out there we never seen or caught one. gives the big pike something else to grow fat on.

The Anvil
06-25-2008, 01:48 PM
BBJ,

We were in my buds boat.....went all the way to the other end of the lake and trolled back....I noticed something.....when the the was behind the clouds the bigger monster pike began to hit.

06-25-2008, 02:12 PM
BBJ,

We were in my buds boat.....went all the way to the other end of the lake and trolled back....I noticed something.....when the the was behind the clouds the bigger monster pike began to hit.

Yeah thats probably true holy crap for you to go the intire length of the lake , hopefully you were trolling at a fairly steady speed , that would of taken hours , because we were there trolled not even half way point to the little house with orange or red roof , that is about half way and that took us 2 hours . Did you guys catch anything were you trolling the sides or right up the middle . Gotta becareful in the middle gets pretty shallow like 2 to 3 ft of water which is very weird.

redneck posse
06-25-2008, 05:46 PM
anyone going out to coal over the weeend i'm heading to pigeon sat but might head out to coal sunday

06-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Kevin phone me at home i left you the message .