PDA

View Full Version : GP deer update?

Roughneck71
11-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Hey guys since season has been open for quite awhile around gp wondering how the deer numbers are looking south of town? seeing lots,none?? heading up on sunday for a week taking out a first time hunter. cant wait to come back up and visit the area for the week...hope for a few deer around..anyway thanks for any opinions!
Darrell

remmy300
11-06-2012, 10:37 AM
well Daryl,

I just moved up here a year ago from the Cochrane area. I can tell you that i have seen more deer in an hour there than i have seen since sept here. Not quite but it is bad. There are pockets of deer around but for the most part the area is void of deer, especially south.

biker0205
11-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Iv seen ALOT of deer this year in my opinion anyway. Mostly whitetail.

Paulski
11-06-2012, 10:59 AM
A lot of whites on private land yet fewer in the crown land areas. I was up there for three and a half days last week. Saw more on the west side of 666 highway in the cuts then anywhere else. Saw mostly does and they came out while most of the guys headed back to Timmy's for a coffee around 11:00in morning till 1:00 in the afternoon.

Saw very little on the Pit or Callihoo roads though.

See you out there and hold my cow moose down till I get there. Just kidding.

Have a cow moose tag there and all I saw was bulls, lots of bulls.

st99
11-06-2012, 12:36 PM
on crown land only seen a handfull of does and 3 small bucks

Roughneck71
11-06-2012, 07:02 PM
thought there would be more deer kicking around, last year was a little slow....ill mostly be off the weherhouser road. hope for the best love the country tho.
Darrell

albertadeer
11-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Ya numbers are still pretty low, and hunter numbers are very high...hahaha.

You shouldn't have any trouble filling a few tags though. If you are, send me a PM and i will try to help a little more. I have the last two weeks of the season booked off, ill be out south in full force.