PDA

View Full Version : Crawling valley report

rocky97
05-18-2008, 06:11 PM
went fishin at crawling valley yesterday and couldent of asked for a nicer day. the sun was shining all day and there was minimal to no wind. managed to catch 36 pike and two nice eyes. a tip to anyone headin there in the near future bring all the bug repellent you can find the bugs were terrible. they did not bite but just swarmed you and the boat everytime you got close to shore. i was hopein to land more then two eyes and was wonderin if anyone could give me a tip on how to consistently catch eyes in that lake thanks

maverick
05-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Took the boys out on Sunday the 18th the wind was up but no whitecaps on the lake. Tried anchoring and jigging with minnows in two spots that have been very productive in the past but only had one bite. So we switched to five inch long silver rapalas and started trolling in 11 to 6 feet of water and started catching pike about every two to five minutes over the next three hours until the boys had enough.

First time I can think of I have not caught a walleye at Crawling Valley, at least the pike were co-operating. I agree with you rocky97 the bugs are out of control. The boat launch is a bit slower then usual, it looks like a good portion in front of the ramp is really soft and blocked off so there is only one lane down if the first guy in doesn't get over its tough to get around him. There were about forty trailers in the parking lot when we got there we had to leave the truck back up by the showers. Fish and wildlife put their boat in right when we were leaving, had to wait for them to clear the ramp before we could get down, first time I've seen them out there, happy to see them make it out to patrol a great fishery like Crawling Valley.