PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on paid hunting bs

Country_boy17
11-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Would like to hear some thoughts on this shenanigans.
Where I stand, I see that hunters that hunt for
Food on the table for their family's are goin to be forced to poach to keep food on the table...

Paulski
11-06-2012, 10:26 AM
I hunt for food yet don't know why you are upset ... need more details pal. What brought you to this point.?:confused:

fortyseven
11-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Yeah I don't really understand what you're grief is. Do you not like paying for tags? The money doesn't just go in some big pool for fat cats to swim in, it actually goes to making sure there's something to hunt next year too, and make sure the animals we harvest are healthy and abundant.

Rackmastr
11-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Yeah I don't really understand what you're grief is. Do you not like paying for tags? The money doesn't just go in some big pool for fat cats to swim in, it actually goes to making sure there's something to hunt next year too, and make sure the animals we harvest are healthy and abundant.

Paid hunting is a lot different than paying for tags. What he's talking about is PAYING landowners for access to private and public lands so you are able to hunt.

Every Alberta hunter should be watching this very closely and making sure their voice is heard IMO.

Country_boy17
11-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Read chucks post labeled paid hunting heads up. Not talking about paying for tags, they are talkin about us paying to get into private and public land.

fortyseven
11-06-2012, 10:33 AM
What he's talking about is PAYING landowners for access to private and public lands so you are able to hunt.

Riiiiight gotcha. Yeah frak that. Either let us on to hunt, or refuse us access. If they're charging people to hunt on their land, I hope they're declaring it as an income on their T4. Bet you anything it goes straight in the pocket and the landowner is laughing all the way to the bank.

Okotokian
11-06-2012, 10:35 AM
I see that hunters that hunt for
Food on the table for their family's are goin to be forced to poach to keep food on the table...

Forced to break the law... c'mon, don't go there.

fortyseven
11-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Seriously, not in favour of paid hunting. But not in favour of trespassing either.

X2

There is no situation where poaching is a reasonable solution. Except in a critical survival situation, but even then good luck with that.

Country_boy17
11-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Forced to break the law... c'mon, don't go there.

I'm not goin to go there at all.. I'm with you on no poaching and no trespassing, trying to use that simply as an example..:argue2:

igorot
11-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Read chucks post labeled paid hunting heads up. Not talking about paying for tags, they are talkin about us paying to get into private and public land.

So whats your point in creating another thread:sHa_sarcasticlol:

trainerdave
11-06-2012, 10:48 AM
I think selling access to wildlife is shameful. Wildlife do not belong to anybody which is why their value is unchartable. I do fully respect and appreciate the landowners right to allow or prevent access to their property. That is not in question. However taking ownership of a resource which is a gift to be appreciated may be unethical at best. Wildlife by nature should be free to roam unless they are creating damage which surpasses their usefulness and role in a healthy ecosystem. My 2c.

elkhunter11
11-06-2012, 10:48 AM
If they're charging people to hunt on their land, I hope they're declaring it as an income on their T4.

Since it's currently illegal to charge for access for the purpose of hunting in Alberta, I sincerely doubt that.