PDA

View Full Version : Opening Morning ,where will you Be?

sunsetrider2011
11-06-2012, 03:55 PM
I know where I will be, right infront of this fellow, as he makes his way to bed,

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj593/sunsetrider2011/WGI_0152.jpg

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj593/sunsetrider2011/WGI_0132.jpg

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj593/sunsetrider2011/WGI_0007.jpg

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj593/sunsetrider2011/WGI_0158.jpg

Whats he gonna score boys ,, From the horn experts here

trapshooter
11-06-2012, 03:58 PM
In a farmers field with some huge bucks in the Oyen area!
Mid 60's for sure!

Walleyes
11-06-2012, 04:00 PM
First off heck of a deer I would take em in a minute.

Second of all I am by no means a horn expert and I usualy don't get into these but I can't resist on this one.

He'll go solid mid 60's.. Please shoot him so we can see.

sunsetrider2011
11-06-2012, 04:03 PM
I am sure a few guys have buckscore on here ,,But he is definately high 160s how high i am not sure. I guesstimate his inside spread at well over 20 inches

hal53
11-06-2012, 04:07 PM
I am sure a few guys have buckscore on here ,,But he is definately high 160s how high i am not sure. I guesstimate his inside spread at well over 20 inches intercept him going to his bedding area???...that big guy beds under your bridge???....LOL!!!!!!!

sunsetrider2011
11-06-2012, 04:22 PM
intercept him going to his bedding area???...that big guy beds under your bridge???....LOL!!!!!!!

Muahahhahahaha No but darn close Hal, Darn close.

shakeyleg02
11-06-2012, 04:25 PM
You can score him when hes on the ground ...good lookin deer ..

hal53
11-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Muahahhahahaha No but darn close Hal, Darn close.
hahahaha!!!...thinking as Walleyes said, he should be a good solid mid 160's from the pics....but it's always hard to tell from a pic, if you have to herd cows or something tomorrow, I could come down and let you know exactly what he scored????:medium-smiley-035:

Jamie Black R/T
11-06-2012, 04:29 PM
what no big bucks around?? lol

Looking forward to field pics bud.

166" Gross

sunsetrider2011
11-06-2012, 04:29 PM
hahahaha!!!...thinking as Walleyes said, he should be a good solid mid 160's from the pics....but it's always hard to tell from a pic, if you have to herd cows or something tomorrow, I could come down and let you know exactly what he scored????:medium-smiley-035:

I did that today so i could clear my schedule,, But thanks for the offer, such a good fellow you are, always thinkn of other folks ;:sHa_sarcasticlol:

sunsetrider2011
11-06-2012, 04:30 PM
what no big bucks around?? lol

Looking forward to field pics bud.

166" Gross

Naw I dont show pictures of those ones Jaime,,Its Area 51 Zone so no access for No one not even me, hahahahha

hal53
11-06-2012, 04:40 PM
I did that today so i could clear my schedule,, But thanks for the offer, such a good fellow you are, always thinkn of other folks ;:sHa_sarcasticlol:
just tryin' to help....looking forward to the pics--good luck!!!!

sunsetrider2011
11-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Come on folks lets hear where and what for the 100's opening day,,and guess the buck.

TheLegend
11-06-2012, 07:54 PM
shoot

saddleup
11-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Will be on horseback, first thing in am, in wmu 102, looking for mule deer and whitey in the Milk River Valley, May even find a cat if we are lucky. As for a deer score, I would score it to be a REALLY REALLY nice deer.........lol good luck hope you git em.. :)

TheLegend
11-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Will be sitting in aground blind over a hot mock scrape of mine. Now if only that buck thats been making all those rubs would come out:angry3:

censlenov
11-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Work...... logging on to the forum to see all the great bucks ya'll are getting. My season doesn't start until the work week is over :(

Good news is I'm the only one who is allowed to hunt 10 sections of some prime land in 116 so shouldn't be missing out on too much.

Cheers
Chris

vcmm
11-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Working:angry3:

Dale S
11-06-2012, 09:10 PM
We're at the Jenner Hotel heading north in the morning.

ishootbambi
11-06-2012, 11:08 PM
I am sure a few guys have buckscore on here ,,But he is definately high 160s how high i am not sure. I guesstimate his inside spread at well over 20 inches

167 gross with a 20ish inside. its not as wide as you think

and ill be working. the kind of buck im looking for will be laying low for a little while yet. ill be heading north on the 15th.

Jimboy
11-06-2012, 11:59 PM
That guy walked up to your camera for a close up , hes so pretty , its a shame to kill him.

hal53
11-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Well...???????

sunsetrider2011
11-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Weather didnt cooperate at all today,, But hey thats hunting, spent all day out there ,, Notta, nothn other some lil dinks and does and 2 moose

bowhunter9841
11-07-2012, 08:44 PM
My opening week was spent working in fort Mac! Don't get out till Friday! Hoping I can find a decent buck to tag! No doe tags available here this year! Great looking buck you have there! Hope you drop him!

saddleup
11-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Great weather down here on the 49th today, very little wind for a change.. Spent all day in the saddle, Saw lots of deer only 1 good mule deer but he knows the coulees better than us, so he runs for another day.

Big Daddy Badger
11-07-2012, 11:00 PM
intercept him going to his bedding area???...that big guy beds under your bridge???....LOL!!!!!!!

Glad you brought that up Hal.
Last Saturday I was travelling in Veteran area and became somewhat disoriented in the fog.

I passed a number of derelict farm houses...yards full of disused cars and trucks... hoping to find one place that was occupied.
It was pretty spooky.

Anyway guess where I landed.

Sunsetriders LAIR!!!!
The beast of Veteran himself!
Sweet Jaysus I almost lost my composure.

It was HORRIBLE!
I may need therapy.
No...I'm sure I need therapy.

What a nightmare!
As soon as I dismounted...I was set upon by a pack of hounds... my right hand was crushed and then I was whisked inside his cave.

I was sequestered to the sitting room and forced into an easy boy recliner in what was an obvious attempt to lull me into feeling safe.
I wasn't fooled though.
I wasn't fooled by an invite to dinner either.
He then threatened with a large cup of coffee.
I was determined not to reveal my fear so despite the fact that the coffee was dangerously hot...I accepted it.
It also seemed to be the best way to get him to let his guard down while I planned my escape.

Sunsetrider is a pretty slick character but I've been in dicey situations before.
Oh yeah... I know the difference between a hereford and a heifer I'm no rube.

So with that in mind I was determined that there is no way a hirsute salt of the earth sort of guy was going to take me for a walk down the garden path.
Get too comfortable...and the next thing you know... they start showing you the family photo albums and introducing you to people and other vile stuff.

So...when he tried to amaze me with pictures of critters and mezmerize me with conversation I cleverly managed to steer the conversation and fool the beast into giving me some tips about the area and directions to the main road before making my escape.
Makes a guy wonder about those abandoned cars and buildings... poor souls.
I'm just sayin...if you wander into that fellas terrtory...you better keep your powder dry and your wits about you cause ya never know.

It was a pretty close call a definite near miss. Good thing my Ogre-dar is well tuned and was sending me lots of clear pings as a warning. A less worldly fellow might have easily been duped.

Still...I was feeling a bit peckish after breakfast and that coffee sure was good.:)

Thanks C.:)

sunsetrider2011
11-08-2012, 06:32 AM
Glad you brought that up Hal.
Last Saturday I was travelling in Veteran area and became somewhat disoriented in the fog.

I passed a number of derelict farm houses...yards full of disused cars and trucks... hoping to find one place that was occupied.
It was pretty spooky.

Anyway guess where I landed.

Sunsetriders LAIR!!!!
The beast of Veteran himself!
Sweet Jaysus I almost lost my composure.

It was HORRIBLE!
I may need therapy.
No...I'm sure I need therapy.

What a nightmare!
As soon as I dismounted...I was set upon by a pack of hounds... my right hand was crushed and then I was whisked inside his cave.

I was sequestered to the sitting room and forced into an easy boy recliner in what was an obvious attempt to lull me into feeling safe.
I wasn't fooled though.
I wasn't fooled by an invite to dinner either.
He then threatened with a large cup of coffee.
I was determined not to reveal my fear so despite the fact that the coffee was dangerously hot...I accepted it.
It also seemed to be the best way to get him to let his guard down while I planned my escape.

Sunsetrider is a pretty slick character but I've been in dicey situations before.
Oh yeah... I know the difference between a hereford and a heifer I'm no rube.

So with that in mind I was determined that there is no way a hirsute salt of the earth sort of guy was going to take me for a walk down the garden path.
Get too comfortable...and the next thing you know... they start showing you the family photo albums and introducing you to people and other vile stuff.

So...when he tried to amaze me with pictures of critters and mezmerize me with conversation I cleverly managed to steer the conversation and fool the beast into giving me some tips about the area and directions to the main road before making my escape.
Makes a guy wonder about those abandoned cars and buildings... poor souls.
I'm just sayin...if you wander into that fellas terrtory...you better keep your powder dry and your wits about you cause ya never know.

It was a pretty close call a definite near miss. Good thing my Ogre-dar is well tuned and was sending me lots of clear pings as a warning. A less worldly fellow might have easily been duped.

Still...I was feeling a bit peckish after breakfast and that coffee sure was good.:)

Thanks C.:)

Awe pesky you didnt need to sugar coat it, I let ya go, after your coffe was done. :evilgrin:

adaras
11-08-2012, 07:17 AM
:sHa_shakeshout:that is one nice buck you have there bud:sHa_shakeshout:

sunsetrider2011
11-08-2012, 06:43 PM
With the double digit minus tommorow I think things are gonna pick up:)

Mr Hawken
11-08-2012, 07:46 PM
is that buck scraping or eating? i would have thought he would have does with him or to early yet?

sunsetrider2011
11-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Its actually a combine clean out pile, i put it there every year to find out whats in the area, on cams, this peice of property I do not hunt at all and neither does anyone else, i have locked down to every one. ****ed alot of people off but oh well ,, my land, my rules

sunsetrider2011
11-08-2012, 08:45 PM
is that buck scraping or eating? i would have thought he would have does with him or to early yet?

And its is just the beginnning, i have pics of him chasing does as well.