PDA

View Full Version : elk near edson and shinning bank area?

the duke
11-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Has anyone seen any elk heards around the edson and shining bank area recently? Ive been hunting out there three times already this year and have seen lots of tracks but unfortunately tracks make for **** pour soup.

DCse7en
11-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Check up on the ridge...:argue2:

Supergrit
11-06-2012, 07:44 PM
There's no elk up on the ridge goof

DCse7en
11-06-2012, 07:47 PM
You have to get out of the truck...the ridge is where its at!

TheLegend
11-06-2012, 07:51 PM
K I happen to have knowledge of the elk in the shingingbank area from a reliable source. The elk here are plentiful....so plentiful the landowners scream bloody murder about them. They tear apart hay bales and such. However they are smart. They know its hunting season. Once hunting season is over in the area all the elk come out and can be seen regulary. So basically if there is a late season (Which I think there is) hunt it. I dunno if it is a draw though. If not get off the beaten path and look around.

Whiskey Wish
11-06-2012, 08:46 PM
As I posted in my thread about the insane moose standing in my yard and the elk standing and watching us 40 yards away we have a problem here.

Wolves!

Local talk and best guesses are they are coming from the south west towards Long Lake and raising hell here. The deer have gone from being plentiful to becoming ghosts.

Then all of a sudden everything returns to normal for a week or ten days then POOF...it starts all over again. Moose standing in my yard refusing to leave even when a shotgun is fired in the air.

So the wolves have changed the normal habits and behaviour of game in the area.
Regards,
Dave.

buckkiller321
11-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Well, .... There's a solution for those buggers...

sinawalli
11-07-2012, 10:50 AM
As I posted in my thread about the insane moose standing in my yard and the elk standing and watching us 40 yards away we have a problem here.

Wolves!

Local talk and best guesses are they are coming from the south west towards Long Lake and raising hell here. The deer have gone from being plentiful to becoming ghosts.

Then all of a sudden everything returns to normal for a week or ten days then POOF...it starts all over again. Moose standing in my yard refusing to leave even when a shotgun is fired in the air.

So the wolves have changed the normal habits and behaviour of game in the area.
Regards,
Dave.

That's very interesting!!