PDA

View Full Version : Enchant alberta??????

Fishingaddict
11-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Everyone keeps on talking about enchant but looked it up no lake just the little town near lost lake is that it there? Everyone says its good perch fishin figured would try it out for hard ice season

Rustomatic
11-07-2012, 07:58 PM
theres a pond at the park suppose to have perch, and i think there is a chinese food restaurant in enchant as well.

Fishingaddict
11-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Can you keep the perch out of there?

WayneChristie
11-07-2012, 08:11 PM
nope its a stocked trout pond, so no perch can be kept, BS as far as Im concerned since there are a zillion perch. just a tiny pond but its deep out a ways, dont fall through the ice

Fishingaddict
11-07-2012, 08:43 PM
What works best for lure/bait there through the ice

npauls
11-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Anything small enough for them to eat will work.

Like mentioned earlier there is millions of them in there.

If you put a camera down there you will see nothing but small perch and the odd rainbow roaming around trying to get a meal.

Fishingaddict
11-08-2012, 07:39 AM
Where is the pond located in enchant?

npauls
11-08-2012, 11:59 AM
in the park south of the highway. There is ball diamonds, a golf course, some sort of store near the entrance, campground and the pond.

Looper
11-08-2012, 12:35 PM
The perch were introduced illegally. How come you can't keep em?

Looper

npauls
11-08-2012, 12:44 PM
I really don't think they were introduced illegally.

I think they made their way through the irrigation system and have been spawning like crazy in the pond.

The local ponds in Lethbridge have had the same thing happen. The perch make their way from where ever the water is being taken from and find their way into small ponds.

There is a rule in Alberta that was put in place to try and stop the illegal stocking of perch into put and take trout ponds.

They made it illegal to keep any perch from any put and take trout pond in hopes that people will get the hint and stop dumping them in every body of water around the province.

Looper
11-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Hey that makes sense. Thanks npauls.

But they were illegally introduced. I'm from Enchant, I know who did it, a couple old farts who didn't know any better, and I know where the perch were originally caught. 1992 Travers near Little Bow Provincial park.

They filled the pond in 87 If I remember right, and the first five years or so was perch free.