PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake Alberta Ice Fishing Regilations.

Bluegrass
11-08-2012, 03:42 PM
I was wondering what ice fishing regulations are on Gull Lake.
Is using a barbed hook allowed?

fisherman420
11-08-2012, 03:54 PM
http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/general-regs.html

pickrel pat
11-08-2012, 03:57 PM
lol.

Lefty-Canuck
11-08-2012, 04:02 PM
lol.

What is so funny?

.....oh I get it now! lol.

LC :)

tight line
11-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Its permanently closed

deepfried
11-08-2012, 04:40 PM

oh dear :sign0176:

AppleJax
11-08-2012, 04:55 PM
You can only use barbed hooks for Walleye in Gull Lake.

Sloughsharkjigger
11-08-2012, 05:31 PM
What's Gull Lake?

DiabeticKripple
11-08-2012, 05:50 PM
i can keep 3 right? any size?

going there tomorrow

WayneChristie
11-08-2012, 06:37 PM
summerkilled, all the fish died

codywf
11-08-2012, 07:10 PM
The bucket brigade got to it and all it has are stunted perch, no trout left at all, fish and game encourages the using of barbs and gaffs right now

moosehead7
11-08-2012, 07:25 PM
I remember it the 90s when i was young and me brother and dad used to go there and get our limit of whites in absolutely no time but not no more the numbers are very low. They had the limit at ten/person which is just stupid considering the amount of people that fished there in one day. They need to restock the whites, and then keep the limit at 3 or 5.

tight line
11-08-2012, 08:48 PM
I remember it the 90s when i was young and me brother and dad used to go there and get our limit of whites in absolutely no time but not no more the numbers are very low. They had the limit at ten/person which is just stupid considering the amount of people that fished there in one day. They need to restock the whites, and then keep the limit at 3 or 5.

I think if they keep it at three, they will have no problem, very fast growing/ reproducing whites in gull. Im glad they droped the limit on Ling, i remember in the 80's/90's when i was a kid seeing people leave them on the ice, and see the odd beat up pick up stopping to grab them, hence the name poor mans lobster! Lol. the last few years we have been slaying the whites, lots of fatties, let them go half the time, just gotta do some exploring away from the crowds;) glad to see the changes! Gull is home base when it comes to ice fishing for me!

Kim473
11-09-2012, 04:44 AM
Got my first white there last year. Seen lots of them (50) on the camera that day but hard to get to bite the hook that day. Glad the limit was lowered. Who needs ten or even 5 of them, 3 is a good limit. They should close the pike in there for a few years and let them reproduce.

moosehead7
11-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Got my first white there last year. Seen lots of them (50) on the camera that day but hard to get to bite the hook that day. Glad the limit was lowered. Who needs ten or even 5 of them, 3 is a good limit. They should close the pike in there for a few years and let them reproduce.

And for the pike they should take he size limit off because all they are doing is taking the breaders out then there's no keepers

tight line
11-09-2012, 10:41 AM
And for the pike they should take he size limit off because all they are doing is taking the breaders out then there's no keepers

Agreed! Should be a slot size!

bubba 96
11-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Dont forget the live minnnows for the barbed hooks...

fish99
11-09-2012, 12:27 PM
thanks for the tips see you on ice tomorrow.

WayneChristie
11-09-2012, 07:19 PM

not everyone likes breaded fillets, some of us like them smoked :bad_boys_20:

EZM
11-09-2012, 07:39 PM

Hey Bluegrass,

Ever hear the story of the guy walking around the ofice with a poop-stain on his khakis? Everyone is giggling and having a good time, until someone finnally tell's him he's $%^& himself. This is kind of what happened here.

You may have $%^& your pants on this one.

It has been illegal, for many years now, to use a barbled hook in Alberta. Barbless only !

This has been in bold type, on the first few pages of the regulations for many many years now.

The point many are trying to make, simply, is, If you want to be a law abiding responsible citizen, it is your responsibility, to make a reasonable effort, to read and understand the rules and regulations.

Have a read thru the regs. and post any questions you may have, after you have made a reasonable effort to understand the regs., your reasonable question will be met with less sarcasm from our members.

Peace ....... and good fishing ...........

fishdude17
11-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Hey Bluegrass,

Ever hear the story of the guy walking around the ofice with a poop-stain on his khakis? Everyone is giggling and having a good time, until someone finnally tell's him he's $%^& himself. This is kind of what happened here.

It has been illegal, for many years now, to use a barbless hook in Alberta.

This has been in bold type, on the first few pages of the regulations for many many years now

The point many are trying to make, simply, is, If you want to be a law abiding responsible citizen, it is your responsibility, to make a reasonable effort, to read and understand the rules and regulations.

Have a read thru the regs. and post any questions you may have, after you have made a reasonable effort to understand the regs., your reasonable question will be met with less sarcasm from our members.

I am sure you mean: "It has been illegal,for many years now, to use BARBED hooks in Alberta"

EZM
11-09-2012, 08:04 PM
I am sure you mean: "It has been illegal,for many years now, to use BARBED hooks in Alberta"

Good catch fishdude .... I have edited it ....... It was my turn to poop my pants I guess ... lol.

fishdude17
11-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Good catch fishdude .... I have edited it ....... It was my turn to poop my pants I guess ... lol.

No problem! You almost had me angry at myself for fishing with barbless hooks all these years!

Kim473
11-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Hey Bluegrass,

It has been illegal, for many years now, to use a barbled hook in Alberta. Barbless only !

This has been in bold type, on the first few pages of the regulations for many many years now.

LOL. Where do you find one of those barbled hooks? Might be the latest and greatest hooks around.

Sorry, just funnen with ya. I can't spell goodly either!

fishdude17
11-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Ok EZM, don't think your pants can hold any more s#*!
3rd times a charm? Lol! Nice find Kim!

Logan
11-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Seriously though live minnows work amazing there.