PDA

View Full Version : May long photo's

The Fisherman Guy
05-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Went out this weekend for a fishing trip with a buddy from here at the forum, and tested out the new boat. Great weekend, I heard the bite was on all over southern Alberta. We had an excellent trip, great weather, and great fishing... Few photos from the trip

Scott N
05-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Police Lake?

TundraBuck
05-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Nice job. Glad you had fun. :D

The Fisherman Guy
05-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Police Lake?

Yep, great time. Good people down there, not a lot of that May long Caos Camping going on.... we shut er down early to get up and fish at dawn all three days, no loud parties, did not get woken up at all.

Walleyes
05-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Looks like a nice weekend fisherman,, good to hear it was quiet for you guys.. Thx for sharin the pics as well.. How did they taste ????

The Fisherman Guy
05-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks Wally, believe it or not the regs changed just this year for this lake. It is now a trophy lake, only one fish per day over 50cm. Between two boats the biggest we netted was 18 inches. The entire weekend was c&r, which was a change for me..... But the steaks were burning every night, so my yap had been taken care of!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Went out this weekend for a fishing trip with a buddy from here at the forum, and tested out the new boat. Great weekend, I heard the bite was on all over southern Alberta. We had an excellent trip, great weather, and great fishing... Few photos from the trip

HEY MAN KEEP IT PG , YOU DONT WANT ME TAKIN PICTURES OF ME WITH OUT A SHIRT ON -----:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: JUST KIDDING GREAT PICTURES AND NICE RAINBOW .

elk404
05-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Nice pics i was camped there with a bunch of friends all weekend too. i am happy we wernt to loud for you out there, i found a fly rod on the road when i was leaving there PM me if someone lost it, i dident get to fish myself but i took some of the girls out on the lake to see them catch there first fish :)
there was also alot of people catching and still keeping undersized fish out there and useing bait talked to one of the many CO's out there and was told that for whatever reasone they wernt cracking down on it this weekend?

Nerdapres'
05-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Nice hat.

Kyle
05-20-2008, 11:50 PM
there was also alot of people catching and still keeping undersized fish out there and useing bait talked to one of the many CO's out there and was told that for whatever reasone they wernt cracking down on it this weekend?

neat, why even put the regs into place if the CO's wont even enforce them??? :mad2:

Johnab, I will ask it for you "Was it a CO or a F&W officer??" :rolleyes:

elk404
05-21-2008, 05:04 PM
It was F&W that i talked to out there

The Fisherman Guy
05-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Nice pics i was camped there with a bunch of friends all weekend too. i am happy we wernt to loud for you out there, i found a fly rod on the road when i was leaving there PM me if someone lost it, i dident get to fish myself but i took some of the girls out on the lake to see them catch there first fish :)

Thanks Elk, I also talked to the F&W folks and they told me they were just there to see how many fish were caught and if there were any keepers. I also noticed many people using bait, dissapointing. I have NO problem if they were unaware of the bait ban, but I mentioned it to a few people just to share the knowledge and maybe save them a fine.... But they kept at it. Good thing they did not catch much.
We did well, had a great time. Glad to hear you got the girls wet, fishing for the first time. My gf did well, so did my buddies fiance, she had the best fish of the weekend, a nice 18" female. No pike at all, I think they were cleaned out. Not one of our fly rods, thanks for the heads up though!!!!

Oh and glad to hear you like my hat Nerdy, I can introduce you to my boots as well:D