PDA

View Full Version : Lakes not in the regulations

bowhunter79
11-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Hello,
I've been thinking about really going outside the box this year and fish some smaller lakes and noticed that a lot of them are not in the regulations. I wonder if they just don't have fish in them? Has anyone ever fished small pothole lakes not it the regs and been successful? Is there anyway to tell if they do have fish?

thanks in advance

Guitarplayingfish
11-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Hello,
I've been thinking about really going outside the box this year and fish some smaller lakes and noticed that a lot of them are not in the regulations. I wonder if they just don't have fish in them? Has anyone ever fished small pothole lakes not it the regs and been successful? Is there anyway to tell if they do have fish?

thanks in advance

should be something on unnamed lakes at the start of the regs..

best way to find out if there is life is to visit it... if your ice-fishing, drill a hole and pop a camera in.

tight line
11-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Fished a few last winter up by peace river, not even on gps? Caught some decent pike and perch out of them! Kinda cool reward for taking the time to explore!

Wes_G
11-09-2012, 05:39 PM
They are not in there because there is no special regulation for them that needs to be mentioned. The regs for those lakes fall under the general ones.

Kim473
11-10-2012, 08:15 AM
They are not in there because there is no special regulation for them that needs to be mentioned. The regs for those lakes fall under the general ones.

Lots of lakes NOT in the regs but do hold fish. Look at Wiau, Not in the regs.

Geezle
11-10-2012, 08:24 AM
The Angler's Atlas *might* tell you about some of the lakes not in the regs...I'm not 100% sure on this.

Anything not specifically listed in the regs falls under the provincial regulations.

waterninja
11-10-2012, 01:43 PM
post the name of the pothole or it's location and chances are someone on this forum will have some info. on it.

bowhunter79
11-10-2012, 04:17 PM
I don't think anyone will post any info on pothole lakes on this forum. Too many lake have been decimated by ppl overfishing a certain lake.

Wes_G
11-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Lots of lakes NOT in the regs but do hold fish. Look at Wiau, Not in the regs.

I didn't say that if the lake is not in the regs then there is no fish in it, maybe read my post again.....

Kim473
11-11-2012, 04:26 AM
I didn't say that if the lake is not in the regs then there is no fish in it, maybe read my post again.....

Maybe read my post. LOL

I said lots of lakes that are not in the regs but DO hold fish. Wiau lake is not in the regs and does have fish.

I used your quote as a referance as the lakes that are not in the regs fall under the general regs as you said.

Why are you trying to start a fight? :(

Have a nice day! :)

Wes_G
11-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks for clearing that up!:)

Sundancefisher
11-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Hello,

thanks in advance

Check out historical stocking reports. There will no pothole lakes with trout in them that are not stocked.