PDA

View Full Version : whitecourt road report needed

gregc
11-10-2012, 06:52 PM
heading up north to whitecourt/virginia hills for a week of hunting. what are the backroads like?? i have a jeep, chains, winch, and pull pal so hopefully am prepared.

thanks in advance

Country_boy17
11-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Haven't been out there at all, But from what i hear, out my whitecourt is pretty treacherous, Boggy, sticky, not good at all.. Have to ask someone who's been out there recently though.

Lefty-Canuck
11-10-2012, 07:18 PM
I was there up until this latest dump of snow and the back roads were really bad...skaiting rinks. One day we only went to Kilometer 8 then turned around. Sounds like you have the gear....be prepared to use it and be safe!

LC

leeaspell
11-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I was out groat creek yesterday. Main roads are being done by graders so not bad. Log roads and lease roads are basically mud, with a layer of ice that is just thick enough so you think its ok but then find out that it can't bear the weight of a truck, and on top of that about 10 inches of snow. I got down one road yesterday where i was actually afraid, that doesn't happen often, that i wasn't gonna make it back. It looked good until you start breaking through the ice. If I got stuck it would have been a long 7 km hike back to main road.

cmcdonald
11-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Ya the snow on top is keeping everything else underneath from freezing, still pretty muddy out here!

deanmc
11-10-2012, 11:10 PM
heading up north to whitecourt/virginia hills for a week of hunting. what are the backroads like?? i have a jeep, chains, winch, and pull pal so hopefully am prepared.

thanks in advance

You will be fine. Just dont break to many trails.

BlackHeart
11-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Highway from Edmonton to white court is mostly good. The section from Edmonton 16 to hwy turn off 43? is icey but do able.

Lots of snow on the back roads. Just take your time and should be OK...been doing it with mudders.