PDA

View Full Version : anyone fished trout ponds around red deer (hansens or nemelas)

fishermansfriend
11-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Thinkin about headin out tomorrow to check em out, just wondering if anyone has been out?

Gus
11-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Not yet this season. but post what you find out as Im interested.

fishermansfriend
11-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Not yet this season. but post what you find out as Im interested.

will do, always interested in another fishin buddy, ill be heading to the north raven to fly fish tomorrow to.

bwackwabbit
11-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Fished Hansen's on Monday. It's iced over except on the side by the aeration.
They were hitting Velveeta on a slip float at the edges of the ice in 6-8 FOW when I was there (noon-2pm).

Neimala is iced over but "just" not thick ice at all. The last few days likely changed that.

Cheers.

fishermansfriend
11-11-2012, 08:26 PM
well the invite is open for anyone to come with or meet me out there. Think itd be worth bringing out a little pop up tent??? dont want to freeze out there!

Got2fish
11-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Hum the N.R...... ? I was thinking of going as well. Warmer temps, hopefully they'll be active. I'll be near cheeseland (lol) chucking nymphs.

fishermansfriend
11-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Hum the N.R...... ? I was thinking of going as well. Warmer temps, hopefully they'll be active. I'll be near cheeseland (lol) chucking nymphs.

ya if i head out ill be on the fly rod but i would love to get my first fish through the ice this year

Got2fish
11-12-2012, 06:50 AM
ya if i head out ill be on the fly rod but i would love to get my first fish through the ice this year

Yes I hear you. I have been out the past few weekends chasing first ice brookies. Caught close to 75 trout in 2 outings.......not a huge challenge.

I'll post a reply when I get back from Cheeseville P.P.