PDA

View Full Version : My girls first fish

sickfast
05-20-2008, 09:35 PM
What a great day..I took my two and half year old out fishing for the first time Monday to Lac st anne and as a Walleye tournament fisherman i am proud to say her first fish of her life was a Walleye and not a wimpy trout...LOL...Here are a few Pictures of my baby girl and a very happy daddy...If you get the chance to take a kid fishing you will feel like a kid again...
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/Dogduster/Picture186.jpg
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/Dogduster/Picture190.jpg
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/Dogduster/Picture196.jpg

TreeGuy
05-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Man, if those pics don't put a big azz grin on your face, then there's something wrong with ya! I'm guessing there's a big number 3 b-day on the horizon. Anyway, thanks for making my day and go #48!:evilgrin:

Tree

-TROUT-
05-20-2008, 10:21 PM
if you think trout are wimpy then you must be catching 100lb walleys

Drano
05-20-2008, 11:43 PM
great pics and story..

I have seen a rod like that before, i believe Pecker and World Wide each have one but they only use them when I am not around.:wave:

fishman
05-20-2008, 11:45 PM
I think quite a few people could take offence to the remark about wimpy trout..............let me see in my fishing life cowichan river 18 1/2 steelhead on a 6 weight fly rod with 8 pound test line which took 2 1/2 hours to land.........thats not wimpy........ok that is the west coast..........home land rainbow 14# on a sage 6 weight.....that wasn't wimpy 45 minutes to land.......i think you get my point......one mans garbage is another mans glory.........i have no offence on what u catch but please don't call my fish wimpy as let me see a walleye on a fly rod..hummmmmmmmmm is that a log on the other end......ok u got my point...........i love to see small kids catch fish and it doesn't matter what it is just ask them.......

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Thats aweome , First fish for her thats great , that makes me smile more then my first fish. I remember I took my sister to Lac la none when she was younger 8 or so and we were trolling back to our friends house she catches a nice walleye she was so excited , her little rod broke so we were stuck to useing the hand over hand method and she was soooo excited dang near tipped the boat . Oh well its awesome to see that she caught her first of many fish . Congrats to both of you . And thanks for shareing the pictures.

dodger
05-21-2008, 04:56 AM
WOW!!
Sickfast takes the time to posts a couple of great pictures of a little girl catching her first fish, and throws in a little fun humor and it sets off a tangent about which fish fights better. You guys need to get out more and maybe start taking some meditation lessons. OH! and don't forget to take your blue pill it will help with those voices in your head.
Dodger.

sickfast
05-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Thanks Dodger... I love fishing for all fish but i have a thing for Walleye!!! Like you said i was just having a little fun with the trout comment.... Its a picture of a little girl catching her first fish not a trout vs walleye...WALLEYE EAT TROUT...so take that!!!!! FISHMAN your sad !!! Not as sad as a trout that die's cause it was out of the water for 10 seconds...LOL.. now thats funny..LOLWOW!!
Sickfast takes the time to posts a couple of great pictures of a little girl catching her first fish, and throws in a little fun humor and it sets off a tangent about which fish fights better. You guys need to get out more and maybe start taking some meditation lessons. OH! and don't forget to take your blue pill it will help with those voices in your head.
Dodger.

catnthehat
05-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Unless I am mistaken the first comment about "wimpy trout " was nothing but a
bit of sarcastic humour.
I thought it was kinda cute myself!
Good thing she was using a pink rod, otherwise some may have thought she was a boy!:D
Cat

dodger
05-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Sickfast, I forgot to mention that you never specified your daughters choice of equipment and what lb of test she was using? If you don't mind asking her to post what her technique was as she is already up 1 Wally on me for the season.:(
Dodger.

Jamie Black R/T
05-21-2008, 09:09 AM
awesome pictures Pat!!!

you came fishing in my backyard and i didnt get an invite!! :mad2:

j/k i was at slave all weekend nailing eye's myself LOL

redneck posse
05-21-2008, 09:15 AM
always like seeing kids fishing with there parents. i agree a walleye is always a nice first fish.

Waxy
05-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Those are GREAT picks sickfast. :) Warms my heart.

My little guy will be 11 months before too long, and I can't wait until I can help him catch his first fish. I do plan on taking him out with me this summer on the boat when we're camping. I'm really looking forward to it, even though I'm sure I'll spend way more time chasing him around and trying to keep him entertained than actually fishing. :D

Waxy

P.S. Too bad this post went downhill, sometimes you gotta wonder who the kids really are...

Chet
05-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Awesome pics. My little girl caught her first one last year and still talks about it.

sickfast
06-30-2008, 07:01 AM
I wish you all the best of luck with your little guy fishing....My little girl loved it so much thats all she talks about..Oh ya ..And Dora and Bambi and cinderella and The big comfy couch and ice cream!!!!!LOL start them young...:lol:Those are GREAT picks sickfast. :) Warms my heart.

My little guy will be 11 months before too long, and I can't wait until I can help him catch his first fish. I do plan on taking him out with me this summer on the boat when we're camping. I'm really looking forward to it, even though I'm sure I'll spend way more time chasing him around and trying to keep him entertained than actually fishing. :D

Waxy

P.S. Too bad this post went downhill, sometimes you gotta wonder who the kids really are...

gprime27
06-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Awsome pics, can't wait till mine comes out of the oven so I can take him/ her fishing :)

Alberta Bigbore
06-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Congrats to her first fish. I was happy my sons first was a walleye too, and not a swampy pond trout. lol

Nice to see the pics!

sickfast
08-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Swampy pond trout!!!! Now thats funny!!!!Congrats to her first fish. I was happy my sons first was a walleye too, and not a swampy pond trout. lol

Nice to see the pics!