PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Reservoir

RayL42
11-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Last night I had a disagreement with some one on the location of the boundary between Ghost Reservoir and Ghost River. I checked the regulations and could not find the boundary clearly defined.

Can some one tell me where the boundary is, or direct me to the place in the regulations where this information can be found?

Thanks,

Ray

TROLLER
11-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Google fishing maps or sustainable res. you can get a map of the lake.

Or, just go under the bridge to the north and at the far end you should find the Ghost River.

Gust
11-14-2012, 10:34 AM
According to a website I found last year, it stated that the bridge/highway is the line, but that seems a bit far imo.

RayL42
11-14-2012, 11:06 AM
According to a website I found last year, it stated that the bridge/highway is the line, but that seems a bit far imo.

This is where the disagreement came from; the guy told me anything north of the highway 1A Bridge is considered to be part of the Ghost River.

This is contrary to the maps I own and found on Google last night that all show the reservoir extending quite away beyond the bridge.

Typically I would not be this concerned about being right, however if the 1A bridge is in fact the boundary then the area north of the bridge is closed as of November 1.

“Ghost Reservoir
Open all year – Trout limit 5; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Bait allowed. (see General Regulations)

Ghost River Wilderness Area (All waters) – CLOSED

Ghost River (downstream of Ghost River Wilderness Area) & tributaries except Waiparous Creek
June 16 to Aug. 31 – Trout limit 2; Cutthroat and Rainbow over 35 cm; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Bait Ban
Sept. 1 to Oct. 31 – Trout and Mountain Whitefish limit 0; Bait Ban.
Nov. 1 to June 15 – CLOSED “

kostianych
11-14-2012, 12:54 PM
ask BeeGuy, he must know

BeeGuy
11-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Last night I had a disagreement with some one on the location of the boundary between Ghost Reservoir and Ghost River. I checked the regulations and could not find the boundary clearly defined.

Can some one tell me where the boundary is, or direct me to the place in the regulations where this information can be found?

Thanks,

Ray

The boundary is not static because of changes in Ghost res water levels.

If you have ever taken a boat up the north arm towards the river, it is fairly clear where the river dumps into the lake.

1. The river has significant current, whereas the lake has little to no current.

2. The river has an elevation change, whereas the lake is flat.

That end of the lake is highly channelized. Once the channels start running E-W you are in the boundary area. If you follow those until they turn N-S you are in the river. If you make it to the big conifer with the no trespassing sign you're up the river.

BeeGuy
11-14-2012, 02:12 PM
The bridge is not the boundary, but don't ask us.

Phone the local F&W office and ask the guys/gals that patrol there.

mayuan
11-14-2012, 09:27 PM
The TransAlta Severance Boundary is the answer to the question.

That doesn't really matter though..... No fish in Ghost anyways.:)