PDA

View Full Version : Aquavu remote panner problem

Kim473
11-15-2012, 06:26 AM
Well, I found and replaced the batteries in the remote and my mo-pod still dosen't work. The unit worked when put away last spring. Changed all batteries both unit and remote. Unit works when you put the switch to manual, the T bat turns. When you put the switch to remote the remote will not turn it on. Any sugestions of what the problem may be. The little light on the remote comes on when the button is pressed. I hope I dont have to buy a new one.

Any Ideas? Have you had this problem?

wetchimo
11-15-2012, 09:34 AM
[QUOTE=Kim473;1701776]Well, I found and replaced the batteries in the remote and my mo-pod still dosen't work. The unit worked when put away last spring. Changed all batteries both unit and remote. Unit works when you put the switch to manual, the T bat turns. When you put the switch to remote the remote will not turn it on. Any sugestions of what the problem may be. The little light on the remote comes on when the button is pressed. I hope I dont have to buy a new one.

Any Ideas? Have you had this problem?[/QUOTE

My buddy had the same problem with his cam and he sold it to me. My wife yelled at me for buying equipment that dosen't work, but I took it to the "reeldoctor" and he fixed the issue for $76 bucks. My wife likes using the camera so I was vindicated a bit. I can't remember what the issues was but it works fine now.:sHa_shakeshout:

Jamie Black R/T
11-15-2012, 10:35 AM
My buddy had the same problem with his cam and he sold it to me. My wife yelled at me for buying equipment that dosen't work, but I took it to the "reeldoctor" and he fixed the issue for $76 bucks. My wife likes using the camera so I was vindicated a bit. I can't remember what the issues was but it works fine now.:sHa_shakeshout:

the OP is asking about the panning tripod....which is about 50 bucks brand new...76 might be a bit much to repair it :)

Ken07AOVette
11-15-2012, 02:33 PM
the OP is asking about the panning tripod....which is about 50 bucks brand new...76 might be a bit much to repair it :)

And $40 on sale

Kim473
11-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Where can you get one now for $40.00 Ken? Maybe i will just get a new one. $60.00 is a little high right now for me. Company is talking, 2 full weeks off at xmas and will need all the cash I can save now. Not much left in holiday pay after taking time in Sep. Want to fish in those two weeks.

Kim473
11-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Looks like I gotta buy a new one. Maybe santa will read this.

Tyangelo
11-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Had the same thing happen with the older style Mopod. Just bought a new one. They're not expensive.

Kim473
12-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Well, I got a new mo pod 3 for xmas and guess what! The dumb thing works in the manual mode but not remote control! LOL. Gotta go to whole sale sports tommorow and get it replaced. Hope they have some on the shelf. Y do these problems happen to me?????? Oh well, maybe i'll get to spend my wholesale sports gift card while I'm there. Thinking I might need a new tackle box. Too bad the gift card is not enough for a new camera.

Perchfisher
12-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Picked up one at wholesale. First time out would not pan as soon as the cable would hit a leg on the pod. Took it back to see if this was normal. First one that they tried would only work on continious. Remote would not work. Second one out of box worked and had enough power to actually twist the cable. Hope you get one that works they are fun.

Kim473
12-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Picked up one at wholesale. First time out would not pan as soon as the cable would hit a leg on the pod. Took it back to see if this was normal. First one that they tried would only work on continious. Remote would not work. Second one out of box worked and had enough power to actually twist the cable. Hope you get one that works they are fun.

I think the one that would not work in remote that you tried, they put back on the shelf and I got it. Just my luck. LOL.

Fish Hooked
12-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Looks like I gotta buy a new one. Maybe santa will read this.

Spend the money on the marcum panner worth the money had major problems with my aqua vu mo-pod for a couple of years then bought the marcum panner have had no problems at all with it and have used it in -25c weather.:)