PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy inflatable boat trailer and outboard motor in Calgary?

ericlin0122
11-16-2012, 03:43 PM
I have only been to basspro shop. Don't need too much about boat/trailer shops. Looking for 9hp outboard and a trailer for my 12' seamax next year. Can someone recommend some shops near calgary I can go to? What kind of trailer is everyone using for inflatables?
Thanks!

Mmtobias
11-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Check out Rocky Mountain Honda for the outboard. Honda makes one of the nicest outboards on the market, but you do pay a premium price for it.

bwackwabbit
11-16-2012, 06:48 PM
I picked up a great trailer, shoreland'r specific to inflatables from
europacanopy.com

http://www.europacanopy.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_new.tpl&product_id=7&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=25

I went with Galvanized and love it! Launch is a one man job now no sweat.
They are great to deal with and even delivered my trailer on a Sunday!

Gerry from Kaygee links to them from his seamax site.

As for outboards I use a 9.9hp Honda and it is Perfect for my Seamax HD360.

Just my 2 cents (I am not affiliated with any of these companies. Just a happy customer.

Cheers.

Mudslide
11-16-2012, 09:24 PM
No contest on the outboard. Bass Pro has the best prices hands down and you can get service for Mercury just about everywhere. Buying a Honda in Calgary really limits your service opportunities and you pay through the nose. I know because I have a Honda 8 kicker. I'M looking at a 9.9 Merc Pro Kicker electric start, long shaft, with power trim at BP for under 3300. try pricing that out at other places, the MSRP is over well over 4 g's

Desperado
05-17-2013, 11:35 PM
I have a 12" inflatable Saturn and 9.9 four stroke Mercury for a couple years. Really happy with this motor. It is very quiet and not using gas at all :) For all day fishing and trolling it might use 3-4 liters of gas maximum. Don't have a trailer yet (it was comfortably fitting in a back of my truck). But now I am ready to buy a trailer too. Let me know if you got a trailer and your thoughts about it.