PDA

View Full Version : Need ice fishing tent, thoughts?

Pixel Shooter
11-17-2012, 10:22 AM
One last purchase to complete my ensemble. thoughts on best buy for ice fishing tent. many people said the fatfish 949i but reviews are not that great. looking for 3-4 man, best bang for buck. dont see any real deals on yet, having said that :)

thoughts

Jbone
11-17-2012, 10:59 AM
My 6 man fits 2 very well 3 comfortably, maybe what it's rated for cut it in half

gulfman
11-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Ya for sure.......... my 4 man ice cube (which works great for me) only fits 2 comfortably after you get all your gear in.

Wild&Free
11-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Canadian Tire has 2 man pop up Eskimo tent with sled and a stool on sale right now for 250$ Roommate/crosshift picked one up yesterday and is going to test it out tomorrow. There's enough room to sit over your hole with very little elbow room if you go by the advertised occupancy rating so aim for extra space for gear.

Faststeel
11-17-2012, 03:03 PM
I think that there is a big tent on sale at Cabelas right now, seems to me that it is on the back page of this weeks flyer, red in colour. FS

bwackwabbit
11-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Check out the Equinox units on
http://costco.ca

I used "The Fish Inn" 2 man for the last 2 seasons and loved it.
Fit 2 guys and a reasonable amount of gear no problem. Good build quality and held up great to a 3-4 trip/ week schedule.

Only sold mine recently cuz I built a permy.

Cheers.

WayneChristie
11-17-2012, 04:03 PM
for 1 person you need a 2 man, for 2 you need a 4 man unless you are very good friends :) nice to have a bit of elbow room to stretch out in and a bit of room for your heater

klow
11-17-2012, 05:58 PM
My four man ice cube is perfect for only two people after you get your gear and heater in there. I built a wood floor with skiis for mine too.

FishingFrenzy
11-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Costco has kingfisher ice tents right now. I just the got 6-man, best tent for the money IMO. 6man was only ~230. If it breaks, you can return it with receipt, a year and a half later with no issues. In mine, it looks like they slightly improved the design of where the hub attachs to the fabric, these tents are just as durable as Eskimos.

Pixel Shooter
11-18-2012, 04:14 PM
saw the 3 man at Costco today, that is all they had, looked a little on the small side. I went to Cabelas, and their 3-4 man 6x8 actually looked decent, decription has same material as the eskimo and clam, anyone with experience with hit, the rectangular on the cabelas looked more comfy

FishingFrenzy
11-18-2012, 05:24 PM
saw the 3 man at Costco today, that is all they had, looked a little on the small side. I went to Cabelas, and their 3-4 man 6x8 actually looked decent, decription has same material as the eskimo and clam, anyone with experience with hit, the rectangular on the cabelas looked more comfy

Southside costco on 91st had 6-mans today for $215 FYI. :)

Gumbi
11-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Wall tent, stove and internal frame, cut a big hole with a chain saw its like watchin a big screen. just make sure when u leave to mark it very well with the ice cubes and bright ribbins and sticks.