PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton trout ponds

Graffy91
11-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Is it true you need someone under 16 to be eligible to fish them....

If so wtf...

HunterDave
11-18-2012, 05:11 PM
I've never heard of that....what's it say in the regs?

Graffy91
11-18-2012, 05:14 PM
I've never heard of that....what's it say in the regs?

That's what I thought....

I know it's 5 trout limit, which is why I asked waterninja on that.

Kinda boggled right now, was gonna go tomorrow.

Here's what is says on edmontons site:

Features and Facilities
Picnic sites (20 on a first-come, first-served basis, and sites for booking)
Large pond stocked with rainbow trout (family fishing only, children under 16 years of age must be supervised by an adult)
Fishing events are held at the park annually as part of the River Day Festival in June
Hiking and bike trails
Off leash site at north end of the park
On-site parking
Washrooms (not wheelchair accessible)
The parking lot has

Safe drop-off/pick up area
Curb cuts
For more information:

Wild&Free
11-18-2012, 05:23 PM
A. For Trout-Stocked Lakes, Reservoirs and Ponds in PP2 that are named under “Alberta’s Fish Stocking Program.”
Open all year – Trout limit 5; bait allowed.
All other game fish species limit 0.

B. For Lakes, Reservoirs and Ponds listed and fish species listed under “PP2 Lake and Stream Listings” starting on this page.
You must follow the regulations stated with each listing.

http://albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/pp2.html

Graffy91
11-18-2012, 05:29 PM
A. For Trout-Stocked Lakes, Reservoirs and Ponds in PP2 that are named under “Alberta’s Fish Stocking Program.”
Open all year – Trout limit 5; bait allowed.
All other game fish species limit 0.

B. For Lakes, Reservoirs and Ponds listed and fish species listed under “PP2 Lake and Stream Listings” starting on this page.
You must follow the regulations stated with each listing.

http://albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/pp2.html

Whatever, I'm going irregardless tomorrow.

If someone comes up to me and says something, then I'll leave.

Wild&Free
11-18-2012, 05:34 PM
direct link to the regs of your region good sir. browse over them to see if it's kids only or not. Better to be informed than fined.

Graffy91
11-18-2012, 05:39 PM
direct link to the regs of your region good sir. browse over them to see if it's kids only or not. Better to be informed than fined.

On the city of edmonton site is says family fishing only.

But yet, theres plenty of people that fish there without family, so IDK if this is actually enforced...

Not like im going to keep any because I don't care for trout, I just enjoy fishing.

waterninja
11-19-2012, 12:54 AM
years ago (maybe 10-15) you used to have a child under the age of 16 to fish the stocked ponds in edm. like herm. or hawreluk. i remember cause i'd bring my kids and some neighbours kids to herm all the time. that is not the law now, though i don't know how many years ago it changed.
in b.c. you must have a child with you to fish a stocked lake.

Wild&Free
11-19-2012, 08:03 AM
in b.c. you must have a child with you to fish a stocked lake.

They must of changed that this year. I fished many years on stocked lakes without children and never once had a CO confront me about it.

NSR Monger
11-19-2012, 11:51 AM
(family fishing only, children under 16 years of age must be supervised by an adult)

it says children under 16 need to be supervised. Not you need to have a person 16 or under with you......so I think you are fine lol seems like a silly thing to worry about