PDA

View Full Version : McGregor

moosemad
05-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Thinking about launching the tub in Mc Gregor this Sunday. Anyone fished there lately?, wondering how's the action.

RiverRat
05-22-2008, 09:14 PM
I was out there last sunday and slammed them! My brother was out from Ottawa and between him and I we must of caught 30 to 40 pike a piece. The biggest being close to 14 pounds ,most of them were2 to4 pounds . we also caught 4 eyes. Speaking of the walleye on Big Mac why is that lake catch and release ? I always manage a half a dozen each outing.

pecker
05-22-2008, 09:34 PM
I was out there last sunday and slammed them! My brother was out from Ottawa and between him and I we must of caught 30 to 40 pike a piece. The biggest being close to 14 pounds ,most of them were2 to4 pounds . we also caught 4 eyes. Speaking of the walleye on Big Mac why is that lake catch and release ? I always manage a half a dozen each outing.

were you boating or shore fishing ? :cool: :cool:

RiverRat
05-23-2008, 09:04 PM
I was out on my boat. If your fishing from shore go to the south end where the highway crosses the lake, the north side is better than the south in my opion. hope this helps you out.

pecker
05-23-2008, 09:42 PM
I was out on my boat. If your fishing from shore go to the south end where the highway crosses the lake, the north side is better than the south in my opion. hope this helps you out.

thanks for the info rat . after the rain stops i might find an ark to help me out.:wave: :wave:

grant
05-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Just got back from McGregor Lake and sad to say i didnt catch a thing. Not even a bite. i was fishing at the south end where highway 531 crosses the lake. I used everything from a five of diamonds to Rapala to smelts with bobbers. Either the fish just werent biting today or im doing something wrong. Any input?

Mish
05-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Just got back from McGregor Lake and sad to say i didnt catch a thing. Not even a bite. i was fishing at the south end where highway 531 crosses the lake. I used everything from a five of diamonds to Rapala to smelts with bobbers. Either the fish just werent biting today or im doing something wrong. Any input?

South end of McGregor is always hit or miss with me. Sometimes it's bite after bite, other days not even one. I find bad weather makes the water more turbulent, which forces the fish further down...maybe if the weather is bad next time try fishing deeper. My best days beneath the bridge have been sunny ones...4-6pm.

dodger
05-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Good info from Mish!! I have always fished there with a Smelt laying right on bottom. This has worked for me for many years before I got my boat. I let the Pike pick it up and wait about 5 seconds before giving her the old heave hoo.
Dodger.

Mish
05-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Good info from Mish!! I have always fished there with a Smelt laying right on bottom. This has worked for me for many years before I got my boat. I let the Pike pick it up and wait about 5 seconds before giving her the old heave hoo.
Dodger.

May have seen you out there once or twice...talked to a fellow out there who did the same thing.

dodger
05-25-2008, 08:42 PM
It's been a couple of years since I fished there from shore, this old brain has a tough time remembering what I had for supper today. :lol: :o
Dodger.

brandon
05-26-2008, 04:21 PM
i've alwaya fished the noe=rth end and have had great luck

Jorg
05-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Went to the bridge yesterday afternoon fishing was slow caught a few small northerns. The bucket brigade showed up around 5pm watched them catch and keep an obvious under sized pike. I scared them off by taking pictures of them and their vehicle, never seen 5 people pack up and leave that fast before

Mish
05-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Went to the bridge yesterday afternoon fishing was slow caught a few small northerns. The bucket brigade showed up around 5pm watched them catch and keep an obvious under sized pike. I scared them off by taking pictures of them and their vehicle, never seen 5 people pack up and leave that fast before

I'd report them, too. Kudos on getting the license plate.

Jorg
05-28-2008, 01:46 PM
I didn't report them, couldn't get a signal on my cell in the valley but they sure thought I was had my phone to my ear and pointing the camera at them they moved faster than Ben Johnson in his prime---F/w were there about half hour before they showed up--I'd post pics of the culprits but without proper charges etc. it probably is not allowed

Mish
05-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Never hurts to try. I once reported a couple guys fishing the non-fishing section (right under the NO FISHING sign, actually) on HWY66. I didn't have reception and ended up calling it in later that day. The CO on the line was very thankful for the tip even though the guys were probably long gone by the time anyone could get out there. I don't know for sure, but I think it might go on record as a complaint and so if these guys are ever caught again in the future they'll query the license plate or whatever info they have and see how many hits they get. Any CO officers on the board can correct me if I'm wrong.

wildman
05-28-2008, 02:33 PM
MISH is correct!!!!
i've had fish-cops tell me the same thing!!!
it's never too late to report an incident!!!!!
especially if you have photo proof!!!!
they keep all info for possible future use!!!
call it in!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers, gw