PDA

View Full Version : Winagami and Snipe.

GummyMonster
11-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Wondering if any one has been to either recently.
Not looking for hot spots etc. But please pm me as far as ice quality / thickness, and if your having any luck. Like I say, not prying for intimate details.
Just that it a 2.5 to 3 hour drive to these lakes, and an suv full of ****y kids does not make for a great day.

Wild&Free
11-19-2012, 08:08 AM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?p=1699688#post1699688

It was 4 pages back. I was there Rememberance day weekend. Snipe was stable enough for me to venture out, winagami was settling and I did not feel comfortable venturing out more then a few feet from shore. Been plenty of cold days since so both lakes should be setup nicely, for first ice conditions. Safety first.

Winagami winterkilled last year according to SRD reports, but I caught a keeper walleye and a couple 1-3lb pike at the Heart River damn this summer.

I plan on hitting up Snipe next week after I do some deer hunting I'll post a fresh thread for a report.

noisy mouse
11-19-2012, 10:16 AM
As of Saturday, Winagami had between 6 and 8 inched of ice. Pressue cracks off the boat launch again this year that are a bit sketchy to cross - bring a 1x6, North end access (boy scout camp) is rutted to heck by some igorant person before freezeup but i got to the lake in my 1/2 ton with little problems. fishing was sloooooooooooooooooooooow (but i'd go again tommorrow if I could).

Xiph0id
11-19-2012, 11:02 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?p=1699688#post1699688

It was 4 pages back. I was there Rememberance day weekend. Snipe was stable enough for me to venture out, winagami was settling and I did not feel comfortable venturing out more then a few feet from shore. Been plenty of cold days since so both lakes should be setup nicely, for first ice conditions. Safety first.

Winagami winterkilled last year according to SRD reports, but I caught a keeper walleye and a couple 1-3lb pike at the Heart River damn this summer.

I plan on hitting up Snipe next week after I do some deer hunting I'll post a fresh thread for a report.

I've found fishing lacking last 2 years.
3 years ago I was catching pike like mad.
Although I did catch a nice keeper this year and ate him!

Wild&Free
11-20-2012, 12:34 PM
I've found fishing lacking last 2 years.
3 years ago I was catching pike like mad.
Although I did catch a nice keeper this year and ate him!

On winagami or snipe?

Xiph0id
11-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Stinking lake. AKA winagami

Wild&Free
11-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Winagami was reported as winterkilled during the 2010-2011 hardwater season. Only a few more days before I head out to Snipe. I'd mainly like to get whites and eyes, maybe some perch too. Anyone got some advice on where on the lake I should check out?