PDA

View Full Version : BIG RIVER WALLEYE CLASSIC new date

bsnyder
11-19-2012, 07:15 PM
We are excited about changing our date to June 1 & 2 2013.:sHa_shakeshout: This will be the first tournament of the year for the WESTERN CANADIAN WALLEYE TRAIL. It should be spring fishing at its finest, with a complete change of tactics for most. We are also changing the daily posetion limit back to 5 fish pr boat.
Chech out our website for rules, updates and ENTRY FORMS
Should fill fast so get your entrys in asap.
Still looking for more sponcers also

Thks and good fishing
Bob:thinking-006:

Fishingaddict
11-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Does the boat need to have a live well like other tournaments?

bsnyder
11-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Does the boat need to have a live well like other tournaments?

Pretty hard to keep 5 fish alive all day without a live well ?:thinking-006:

Walleye101
11-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Any idea on when the other Tournaments will be?

Fishingaddict
11-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Pretty hard to keep 5 fish alive all day without a live well ?:thinking-006:
Sorry brain shut off

Paul C
11-19-2012, 08:49 PM
We are excited about changing our date to June 1 & 2 2013.:sHa_shakeshout: This will be the first tournament of the year for the WESTERN CANADIAN WALLEYE TRAIL. It should be spring fishing at its finest, with a complete change of tactics for most. We are also changing the daily posetion limit back to 5 fish pr boat.

Thks and good fishing
Thx for the update.

208prov
11-19-2012, 08:57 PM
You should get more entries with that date.

bsnyder
11-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Any idea on when the other Tournaments will be?

dont quote me:fighting0030: , but i think we are first, then pinehurst,then anglers,then moose and fall is golden:)

bsnyder
11-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Sorry brain shut off

you gotta admit , it was funny. I laughed:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Esox
11-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Any updates on if they're going to have one at Lac Des Isles this year?

bsnyder
11-19-2012, 09:27 PM

not sure

208prov
11-19-2012, 09:33 PM

I got an approval from the game wardens for july 6/7 th

Esox
11-19-2012, 09:36 PM
I got an approval from the game wardens for july 6/7 th

I take it you're a/the organizer for it?

208prov
11-19-2012, 09:43 PM
I take it you're a/the organizer for it?

i have checked into it, Nobody has any interest it it around here, There are few big local business said they would help with the funds but a person needs more than just that, The last people that had that derby ran it into the bottom of the lake, Now there probabally isnt much interest from what i found from eariler posts here.

bsnyder
11-19-2012, 09:48 PM
i have checked into it, Nobody has any interest it it around here, There are few big local business said they would help with the funds but a person needs more than just that, The last people that had that derby ran it into the bottom of the lake, Now there probabally isnt much interest from what i found from eariler posts here.

i will have to agree:fighting0030:

Esox
11-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Fair enough, I was just thinking that it may be a good one to get my feet wet in the tourney world.

208prov
11-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Fair enough, I was just thinking that it may be a good one to get my feet wet in the tourney world.

well june 1-2 is a good start to get them wet.

Teamprotz
11-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Better dates than July long. Would be nice to be there this year.

waterninja
11-20-2012, 01:36 AM
sounds interesting. where is big river?

Teamprotz
11-20-2012, 03:56 AM
Delaronde Lake. Town is Big River.

Freedom55
11-20-2012, 07:24 AM
Greetings Bob. Long time-no see. Can I please be boat #50? Or #1? Got a pretty good boat and all, but I hate the nonsense with the 48 boat wake!!!!

Plus, my partner gave up the ghost and my new, inflatable First Mate doesn't have anything to say. And she just sits there, looking ready. Do you have any ideas at all? Someone already suggested that she stay away from sharp pointy things.hahaha. Plus she is all lips when it comes to operating the new net.

I promise to put you onto that hidden hump, east of landmark "X". But not with "FMG Jackie" in the boat. That would be asking for trouble.

Free

Walleyedude
11-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Better than July long, but still not very good. It will likely really limit the number of Sask (SWT) teams showing up, depending on the dates of the Regina Beach tournament in particular, but Elbow as well.

skykomish sunrise
11-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Just wondering if Big River has the same closures as Alberta lakes do or if it closes at all or has different opening dates. Thanks Sebastian

Freedom55
11-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Sebastion: Saskatchewan has three zones. Everything is closed in April except some of the stocked trout lakes. Typically, the South zone re-opens near the beginning of May, the Central Zone opens near the middle of May and the Northern Zone re-opens near the end of May. Delaronde is in the Central Zone.

Walleyedude: Not many of you fellas show up anyway; you're missing out! Tell your friends.

Free

skykomish sunrise
11-20-2012, 04:54 PM
What are the camping prices like around there? Any hints for early season on that lake

bsnyder
11-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Greetings Bob. Long time-no see. Can I please be boat #50? Or #1? Got a pretty good boat and all, but I hate the nonsense with the 48 boat wake!!!!

Plus, my partner gave up the ghost and my new, inflatable First Mate doesn't have anything to say. And she just sits there, looking ready. Do you have any ideas at all? Someone already suggested that she stay away from sharp pointy things.hahaha. Plus she is all lips when it comes to operating the new net.

I promise to put you onto that hidden hump, east of landmark "X". But not with "FMG Jackie" in the boat. That would be asking for trouble.

Free

:sHa_sarcasticlol:hahaha, u so funny.You will have to beg Grace for the number, thats not my department:)

Walleyedude
11-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Walleyedude: Not many of you fellas show up anyway; you're missing out! Tell your friends.

Free

I know a few guys that went and said it was a good time, well run and good fishing, but the dates were tough being on July long weekend.

Unfortunately the new dates will make it even tougher with the way the SWT points system works, it's really hard to miss 1 or 2 tournaments. Regina Beach is a favourite for most guys too, so I can't see many teams opting for Big River over the SWT events.

It's tough, because all the tournaments are jammed into a couple pretty narrow time slots in the spring and fall, so it's pretty much impossible to try and fish a bunch of them or more than one circuit. It's really too bad, because I wouldn't mind checking out Big River and a couple others myself.

Freedom55
11-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Met up with a couple of guys from Regina last July. During the prefish. I understand they pretty much stayed in the same area all weekend. It's a big lake that takes time to learn. I myself have only 80hrs on this lake.

The walleye should still be well dispersed that soon after the spawn. The water will be cold and the oxygen levels will be adequate, postponing the migration to deeper water until later. While you shouldn't have to go through the narrows to angle in 30, 60, or 150'+, you will have to search the flats and drop-offs in the shallow end, say around Zig-Zag Island or Pickerel Point. The start and finish line are at the very south end.

Live wells will hold cooler water, aiding survival rates (which has so-far been great) as will the release area at the weigh scale, aiding in survival of the released big fish, a mortality rate that is a little harder to calculate but none the less better for the fish early in the year.

There is camping in town or at either "resort" on the lake, also an overflow camping area near the lake that has no services but the price is right. One motel and one hotel. Barbless hooks only, more walleye than pike. See ya there.

bsnyder
11-22-2012, 06:30 PM
I know a few guys that went and said it was a good time, well run and good fishing, but the dates were tough being on July long weekend.

Unfortunately the new dates will make it even tougher with the way the SWT points system works, it's really hard to miss 1 or 2 tournaments. Regina Beach is a favourite for most guys too, so I can't see many teams opting for Big River over the SWT events.

It's tough, because all the tournaments are jammed into a couple pretty narrow time slots in the spring and fall, so it's pretty much impossible to try and fish a bunch of them or more than one circuit. It's really too bad, because I wouldn't mind checking out Big River and a couple others myself.

There is no SWT tourny this weekend.Its the weekend before, that is why we picked this date, other wise We would of had it the weekend before

Walleyedude
11-23-2012, 08:40 AM
There is no SWT tourny this weekend.Its the weekend before, that is why we picked this date, other wise We would of had it the weekend before

I didn't think the 2013 SWT schedule was out yet?

I was basing my comments on the traditional dates for the Elbow and Regina Beach tournies. I'd be really surprised if one of them wasn't on that weekend.

If it does work out, that would be great. Although that would mean the SWT tournaments are two weeks earlier than normal, which means tougher fishing and uglier weather, and that doesn't make to me too happy lol.

bsnyder
11-25-2012, 08:42 PM
I didn't think the 2013 SWT schedule was out yet?

I was basing my comments on the traditional dates for the Elbow and Regina Beach tournies. I'd be really surprised if one of them wasn't on that weekend.

If it does work out, that would be great. Although that would mean the SWT tournaments are two weeks earlier than normal, which means tougher fishing and uglier weather, and that doesn't make to me too happy lol.

i believe therse is allwys the last weekend of May and ours will be the first weekend of june :)

Walleyedude
11-25-2012, 09:01 PM
i believe therse is allwys the last weekend of May and ours will be the first weekend of june :)

There's traditionally one on both those weekends, but no point arguing about it, I'm sure the SWT schedule will be out soon enough and I don't see any reason to hijack this thread any further. I wish you guys all the best with getting that tournament rolling up there.:happy0034:

Brian D.
11-27-2012, 10:29 AM
As listed on the Regina Beach & District Lions website...(June 8th & 9th, 2013 will mark the 21st Annual Walleye Classic at Regina Beach and proudly sponsored and hosted by the Regina Beach Lions Club)
First weekend of June looks good for Big River!
Good Luck & Good Fishin'!
Brian

Freedom55
11-27-2012, 02:37 PM
As listed on the Regina Beach & District Lions website...(June 8th & 9th, 2013 will mark the 21st Annual Walleye Classic at Regina Beach and proudly sponsored and hosted by the Regina Beach Lions Club)
Brian

This is good news for Big River and Regina. The southern guys are missing out on a great experience by not attending Delaronde. Plenty of room for nearly 50 more boats.

See ya there.

Paul C
11-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Brian
Thx for the update.

Walleyedude
01-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Just an FYI for everyone here, I'm not sure this is written in stone yet, but I just got an email from the Regina Beach Lions -

Due to a scheduling conflict with the Lake of the Prairies tournament, the Regina Beach tournament has been rescheduled to the June 1-2 weekend, with the rules meeting to be held on May 31.

Paul C
01-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Just an FYI for everyone here, I'm not sure this is written in stone yet, but I just got an email from the Regina Beach Lions -

Due to a scheduling conflict with the Lake of the Prairies tournament, the Regina Beach tournament has been rescheduled to the June 1-2 weekend, with the rules meeting to be held on May 31.
Thx.

bsnyder
01-15-2013, 07:12 PM

Thats to bad:confused:. We worked very hard reorganizing this tournament, trying to make everyone happy.The WCWT was reorganizing anyways ,so we thought we picked a date good for all.We didnt want to step on any other tournys toes.Being in Saskatchewan, we had picked a date good for the SWT also.
O Well, we tryed:), it is what it is.We will be keeping this tournament ,first weekend of June for ever:sHa_shakeshout:
See ya on the lake. CANT WAIT TILL OPEN WATER!!!!

bsnyder
01-15-2013, 07:15 PM

Thks and good fishing

We also have started a face book page ifn your interested.:bad_boys_20:

Freedom55
01-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Not every body that fishes tournaments is in it for the points. Fishing a whole circuit is expensive and time consuming, and from what I have seen, a little over my head.

Some anglers just like the competition and the challenges. I'd like to encourage those fellas to consider Big River. The scenery is unsurpassed in the province, the town is down-right hospitable, the paricipants the best. Can any other place boast a fan gallery at the weigh station that cheers the boats into the harbour that shows an active interest in the results?

Currently, the organizing commitee is looking at ways to encourage more youth participation, from children's activities to young angler categories on the lake. Part of the points tour for sure, but loads of fun for the serious weekend warriors too.

Point of fact. A father/son team, first time (?) participants in a tournament setting, managed a fifth place finish at the Angler's Cup at Slave Lake last June, taking a wad of cash and a bag of memories home. They did not know all the best spots as picked by the high speed experts yet came away with a big prize. Could be you. See ya there.

Free

hornet004
01-16-2013, 03:58 PM
I was on the Big River WC web site and all there is there is last years entry, is there a diffrent website or the new entry form isn't up yet?

bsnyder
01-16-2013, 09:56 PM
I was on the Big River WC web site and all there is there is last years entry, is there a diffrent website or the new entry form isn't up yet?

Hi ,our website provider flew the coup:angry3: ,we are getting it re done right now.The entry will also be on WCWT website or join our face book and its there also.Ifn u were in it last year, Grace will be trying:thinking-006: to mail those people one
THKS BOB:)

bsnyder
01-18-2013, 06:37 AM
Thats to bad:confused:. We worked very hard reorganizing this tournament, trying to make everyone happy.The WCWT was reorganizing anyways ,so we thought we picked a date good for all.We didnt want to step on any other tournys toes.Being in Saskatchewan, we had picked a date good for the SWT also.
O Well, we tryed:), it is what it is.We will be keeping this tournament ,first weekend of June for ever:sHa_shakeshout:
See ya on the lake. CANT WAIT TILL OPEN WATER!!!!

YUP, its confirmed.Regina Beach moved there tourny into our spot:mad3:.That was very nice of them:argue2:.Hopefully the better payout and beutifull lake will still draw some SWT guys our way.Lots of guys a little upset about this:angry3:. Will keep pushing forward:bad_boys_20:

Paul C
01-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Can somebody please post the link for face book please.

bsnyder
01-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Can somebody please post the link for face book please.

Big River Walleye Classic:)

Paul C
01-18-2013, 03:36 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197765300361288/?notif_t=group_added_to_group

Here is the link to Bobs page. Computers can drive you crazy.
Cheers...

bsnyder
01-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Big River Walleye Classic:)

OK, i stand corected "BIG RIVER WALLEYE CLASSIC" :sign0161:

Paul C
01-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Its all good in the hood as they say....have a beer its friday.:happy0180:
I put up some cool pics on your face crack page.

bsnyder
01-23-2013, 08:01 AM

Thks and good fishing

:)Grace is mailing out entrys to last years anglers this week or early next.Posters will be done next week. Have an Awsum day

Dr.D
01-23-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm going to try and make it this year fingers crossed

bsnyder
01-24-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm going to try and make it this year fingers crossed

Glad to have you:)

bsnyder
01-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Grace just mailed out entrys to all who were here last year:sHa_shakeshout:

gramps73
01-25-2013, 08:59 PM
Brian
How far of a drive from Calgary is it?

npauls
01-26-2013, 12:45 AM
Brian

About 850 km according to map quest.

I was checking it out from Lethbridge also. Just punched in Calgary right after.

I hope I can make it out there but I don't know if its possible.

Freedom55
01-26-2013, 06:58 AM
Brian

google maps: Lethbridge to Swift Current to Rosetown to Saskatoon to Shellbrook to Big river (900 kms 10.5 hrs)

experience: Calgary to Drumheller to Kindersley to Saskatoon to Shellbrrok then north to Big River (850 kms 10.0 hrs)

Nobody but me drives at 105kmh. Maybe you are faster

bsnyder
01-27-2013, 09:15 AM
About 850 km according to map quest.

I was checking it out from Lethbridge also. Just punched in Calgary right after.

I hope I can make it out there but I don't know if its possible.

We had a couple guys from Calgary last year:)

bsnyder
02-02-2013, 11:03 AM
:)Few entrys coming in, sounds like we have Cabelas, free spirit marine, fishin hole, TK outdoors, plus some locals on board for sponcers so far:sHa_shakeshout:.Hopeing to get many more.More sponcers, more prizes for fisherman.:)
Have a great day:bad_boys_20:

bsnyder
02-02-2013, 11:33 AM
:)Few entrys coming in, sounds like we have Cabelas, free spirit marine, fishin hole, TK outdoors, plus some locals on board for sponcers so far:sHa_shakeshout:.Hopeing to get many more.More sponcers, more prizes for fisherman.:)
Have a great day:bad_boys_20:

:scared0015:OH YA, Trever from The Reel Doctor too, i think :)

bsnyder
02-10-2013, 01:11 PM

Thks and good fishing

A Nice Deleronde Walleye

Badlildoggy
02-12-2013, 01:04 AM
This is just another shout out to Bob and the Big River Team. For those who haven't attended before or are on the fence about tournament fishing, let me tell you that Big River is a hell of a show. I attended the first and second and regretfully missed the third tourny put on there. I wish that all tourneys were like this one. Few areas are equipped with the resources ( camping & accomidations) and/or even an adequate lake like this area is. I have never felt so relaxed and so welcomed as I did at Big River. I am going to try like heck to get up there again this year and hopefully make a holiday of it with my family as I have done before. Bob and the team "do it like it should be done" and the whole community is behind them.

Best of luck again Bob, I hope to make it this year, save my number winning #39.

bsnyder
02-12-2013, 04:56 PM
This is just another shout out to Bob and the Big River Team. For those who haven't attended before or are on the fence about tournament fishing, let me tell you that Big River is a hell of a show. I attended the first and second and regretfully missed the third tourny put on there. I wish that all tourneys were like this one. Few areas are equipped with the resources ( camping & accomidations) and/or even an adequate lake like this area is. I have never felt so relaxed and so welcomed as I did at Big River. I am going to try like heck to get up there again this year and hopefully make a holiday of it with my family as I have done before. Bob and the team "do it like it should be done" and the whole community is behind them.

Best of luck again Bob, I hope to make it this year, save my number winning #39.

HAHA, Thanks for the complimant.How are you doing? The family all well?We missed you last year, :scared0015:Sure hope you come this year.Its an early fish this year so it will be like starting all over, but will even out the playing feild for new guys who havnt fished here before.Lake is gona be high with all the snow, when that happens the walleye have a strong spawn-das is gooood
Fisherys did a survey here this year, said walleye is the domonant species here and said there are some huge ones.I need to find those-haha
See ya soon and have a great day
Bob:bad_boys_20:

wishingiwasfishing
02-12-2013, 06:42 PM
I'll be watching to see how many boats enter this year hopefully you guys get a ton more with new date

bsnyder
02-12-2013, 07:26 PM
I'll be watching to see how many boats enter this year hopefully you guys get a ton more with new date

How are u doing my freind? Havnt seen u since Last Mountian tourny. We are hoping for more too, its a lot of work to put on a great tournament. Have a great night and hope to see ya out here.Dont forget your dog :)
Bob:bad_boys_20:

Bigeyes10
02-12-2013, 07:33 PM
both elbow and the regina beach are posted

Bigeyes10
02-12-2013, 07:34 PM
both r posted already may 25 and following weekend

bsnyder
02-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Someone told me to share this

bsnyder
02-22-2013, 09:55 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152593891980721&set=o.197765300361288&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

bsnyder
03-09-2013, 09:59 PM

Thks and good fishing

OK Guys, get your entrys in.Ifn we dont have at least 60 entrys by May 1st, we may just cancel and forget about it:(.This is the weekend everyone asked for ,its a ton of work putting on a great tourny but we need your support.

hydrofish01
03-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Where do we get the entry forms for June 1 tournament:sHa_shakeshout: from? If some one has link could they share it?:sHa_shakeshout:

Freedom55
03-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Kindly back up four posts for that data. Thank you. See you there.

bsnyder
03-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Where do we get the entry forms for June 1 tournament:sHa_shakeshout: from? If some one has link could they share it?:sHa_shakeshout:

Entry form is up a few posts or u can go to our website ,our face book page, or the WCWT website or PM me and ill e-mail u one.THANKS :)

bsnyder
03-23-2013, 08:05 AM
OK Guys, get your entrys in.Ifn we dont have at least 60 entrys by May 1st, we may just cancel and forget about it:(.This is the weekend everyone asked for ,its a ton of work putting on a great tourny but we need your support.

:)

Hunter Trav
03-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Entry form is up a few posts or u can go to our website ,our face book page, or the WCWT website or PM me and ill e-mail u one.THANKS :)

Just a heads up Bob, the link on the WCWT website isn't working for the entry form. Wish I would've been able to make this one this year, just didn't work out for me...:sign0161:

bsnyder
03-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Just a heads up Bob, the link on the WCWT website isn't working for the entry form. Wish I would've been able to make this one this year, just didn't work out for me...:sign0161:

Ill check it out.Thanks, too bad u coulnt make it.

Hunter Trav
03-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah I was really looking forward to it, but I guess it wasn't meant to be this year...

bsnyder
03-29-2013, 09:19 PM
:snapoutofit:OK Guys, get your entrys in.Ifn we dont have at least 60 entrys by May 1st, we may just cancel and forget about it:(.This is the weekend everyone asked for ,its a ton of work putting on a great tourny but we need your support.

:snapoutofit:

Dan Boone
03-29-2013, 10:33 PM
The tourney has sparked my interest!
But having never fished a tourney, i have a couple of questions.

First off, how many anglers per boat? 2?
Second what are the prizes?
3rd, are there any nearby cabins to rent that are decent for a family of 4?
Tv, wifi, indoor bathrooms/showers.

I would be bringing my wife and kids lol
They go where i go!

Thanks
Hoping i can put something together to make it to my first tourney!
Dan

Rosaire1
03-30-2013, 01:01 AM
How many boats so far?

bsnyder
03-30-2013, 07:58 AM
The tourney has sparked my interest!
But having never fished a tourney, i have a couple of questions.

First off, how many anglers per boat? 2?
Second what are the prizes?
3rd, are there any nearby cabins to rent that are decent for a family of 4?
Tv, wifi, indoor bathrooms/showers.

I would be bringing my wife and kids lol
They go where i go!

Thanks
Hoping i can put something together to make it to my first tourney!
Dan

Hi There Mr Boone. If you go to our website ,the rules explain most of what u need to know.Yes only 2 people in a boat, prizes (depending on entrys) start at $25,000 for 1st and i beleve we pay all the way to 10th $600, plus big prizes for bigerst fish, most weight, prizes for youngest angler or best mixed team, ect.Deleronde resort has cabins but i think there booked, pickeral point has some (think they are a little rough tho) , and Classic veiw here in town have nice ones on Cowan lake(15 min from tourny
See ya here
Bob:)

bsnyder
03-30-2013, 07:59 AM
How many boats so far?

not enough:mad0100:

Rosaire1
04-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Anyone on the fence about this tourney should try it. It is very well run, very nice community with friendly people. Only bad experience ive had is last year with the "new" owners of the Timberland Motel. Very VERY rude and unprofessional. Was mad enough to walk away from tourney after check in but then came to my senses. My advice is to avoid this motel at all costs!!

on a side note:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2013/03/15/sk-lottery-winner-1303.html

Freedom55
04-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Anyone on the fence about this tourney should try it. It is very well run, very nice community with friendly people. Only bad experience ive had is last year with the "new" owners of the Timberland Motel. Very VERY rude and unprofessional. Was mad enough to walk away from tourney after check in but then came to my senses. My advice is to avoid this motel at all costs!!

on a side note:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2013/03/15/sk-lottery-winner-1303.html

Are you not the fellow that showed up at midnight then demanded to use your own cot in a room you wished to share with paying guests? Then spent the next couple of nights in the landlord's private fifth wheel in the trees out back?? After showing up in a 70G truck and 65G boat (both new)??? Doesn't sound like rude behaviour to me, at least on the landlord's part.

My advice is to make a reservation and drop a couple of hundred on a room. Like the rest of us.

Free

wellpastcold
04-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Are you not the fellow that showed up at midnight then demanded to use your own cot in a room you wished to share with paying guests? Then spent the next couple of nights in the landlord's private fifth wheel in the trees out back?? After showing up in a 70G truck and 65G boat (both new)??? Doesn't sound like rude behaviour to me, at least on the landlord's part.

My advice is to make a reservation and drop a couple of hundred on a room. Like the rest of us.

Free

Wow Rosaire, like you said, very friendly. Give this one a pass. Cheers

Dan Boone
04-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Just tried calling u bob,
I have a fishing partner lined up.
But he may not be able to make it, if i pay my registration and he cancels.
Can i fish the tourney alone or do i need the second person?
Thanks
Dan

Rosaire
04-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Hi freedom55,

Yup that was me. Although I think you've got some facts mixed up. I had booked the room while the previous owners were in. They only had a one bed available and so I asked if we can get a cot (my partner snores a lot and I didn't want to sleep beside him :)). I paid the full room charge and the additional $15 for a cot. After booking and paying up front I was told that new ownership was taking over the hotel and that I should call closer to the day and confirm which I did. A few days before the tourney I called again and made sure the new owners were aware that we would not be arriving until 11:30pm as I had to leave after work and its a 6hr drive. I arrived at 12 and was told that no cot was available and I would not get a refund for that because I paid the previous owners. Fine,right? So I asked if I could find a cot for the next day would I be able to put it in the room "no goddamned way" was the response. I accepted that and paid the next day in full. After 2 hrs of my buddy snoring in my ear I moved to my (rental) truck, reclined the seat and slept in there. That's my story. The tournament on the other hand was run great and everyone else there was really friendly(including freedom55). It's a great little town and a good tournament.

I would like to thank you freedom 55 for the advice last year of which spots to try, it was very helpful info and the tourney was great. Do u think having it in the beginning of June will be better? I hope so. Good luck!!

Freedom55
04-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Rosaire: you must have been angrier than I thought at the time and your words confused me. I believed that you were asking for, and got, what you wanted. I too had to find alternate arrangements for Saturday as my room was booked for a reunion. Lucky for me I have friends in town. Sorry I jumped on you over this unfortunate incident.

Thanx for the compliments, and I am confident that the owners are well prepared to help out the anglers this year. Barry and Clarisse were well connected to the needs of not just the fishermen, but to quadders, sledders and hunters in season and will be a very difficult act to follow. I wish every success to the new folks, and that their monopoly ends soon. lol

As for the date change, it is my belief that the playing field been leveled for all participants. By not having to go through the narrows, where all the big fish reside in summer, smaller slower boats can stay in the shallower end and be successful. The spawn will be over (just) and the big males will be cruising the weed beds. May be wishful thinking; my boat is the smallest so far. But I know that lake well and plan to win. Just got to figure out how to pre-fish with Bob without giving him all my secret waypoints.hahaha

Free

bsnyder
04-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Just tried calling u bob,
I have a fishing partner lined up.
But he may not be able to make it, if i pay my registration and he cancels.
Can i fish the tourney alone or do i need the second person?
Thanks
Dan

Sorry, the rules state that there ae 2 persons to a boat.Im sure there are lots of guys who would love to fish a tournament, kids are a great choice too. Even girls are allowed -hahahahahahah (ouch, i will pay for that, just jokeing ladys:) )

bsnyder
04-06-2013, 06:07 AM
:sHa_shakeshout:The tourny commitie has decided to go ahead with the BIG RIVER WALLEYE CLASSIC no matter how many entrys.The town loves seeing the tourny fishermen there, and has fun putting on one of the best tournaments around.So spread the word, "the more entrys - the more prize money"Got some good sponcership with more to come.Locals say the fishing is awsum this time of year, cant wait!!! See ya there and then on to the rest of the Western Canadian Walleye Trail - YAHOO!!:)

bsnyder
04-09-2013, 10:22 PM
:sHa_shakeshout:The tourny commitie has decided to go ahead with the BIG RIVER WALLEYE CLASSIC no matter how many entrys.The town loves seeing the tourny fishermen there, and has fun putting on one of the best tournaments around.So spread the word, "the more entrys - the more prize money"Got some good sponcership with more to come.Locals say the fishing is awsum this time of year, cant wait!!! See ya there and then on to the rest of the Western Canadian Walleye Trail - YAHOO!!:)

:snapoutofit::snapoutofit::snapoutofit::snapoutofi t::snapoutofit:

bsnyder
04-23-2013, 07:17 PM
new campground to be opened up fer u guys.Called Stoney Bay on Deleronde- Ph # - 306-469-2424.We have a picture of it on our facebook. Looks nice.Still room at motel too.See ya in a month or so(ifn this snow ever goes away :( )

new LT
04-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Are these an open touny or do you have to sign up as member first.
Thanks

bsnyder
04-26-2013, 07:27 AM
Are these an open touny or do you have to sign up as member first.
Thanks

These tournys are open to anyone as long as you follow the rules.Its a great time ,most guys are just like you, just regular guys who love to fish and want to compete .Most of the sponcered and prostaff guys are very helpfull too.The "WFN" called me yesterday , they are wanting to sponcer this tourny also, will be working out details today.Hope it all goes good. YAHOO:sHa_shakeshout:

bsnyder
04-26-2013, 07:35 AM
These tournys are open to anyone as long as you follow the rules.Its a great time ,most guys are just like you, just regular guys who love to fish and want to compete .Most of the sponcered and prostaff guys are very helpfull too.The "WFN" called me yesterday , they are wanting to sponcer this tourny also, will be working out details today.Hope it all goes good. YAHOO:sHa_shakeshout:

try this one out , and if u like it , next year join the WCWT.It is really cheap to join, then if u fish a min of 2 tournaments(i think?) you get points on how well you do and have a chance of winning some more cash , plus you get to meet a lot of really nice guys and gals.We are very lucky to have this all so close and available.Tons of fun!!!!:)

new LT
04-26-2013, 07:51 AM

try this one out , and if u like it , next year join the WCWT.It is really cheap to join, then if u fish a min of 2 tournaments(i think?) you get points on how well you do and have a chance of winning some more cash , plus you get to meet a lot of really nice guys and gals.We are very lucky to have this all so close and available.Tons of fun!!!!:)

Thank you very much,will definitely look in to it.

bsnyder
04-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Thank you very much,will definitely look in to it.

your very welcome:)

bsnyder
05-04-2013, 09:03 AM

Thks and good fishing

Picking up Prizes this week, ice is starting to go away, waiting for "WFN" Prize packs to come in.Going to be a great tourny, get your entrys in, "ONLY A MONTH LEFT!!!!"

wishingiwasfishing
05-04-2013, 11:28 AM
How many entries so far approximately ?

bsnyder
05-05-2013, 08:32 AM
How many entries so far approximately ?

Broke 40 , and we heard Regina Beech has been moved because of flooding so may get some of those guys.::) Looking good :):sHa_shakeshout:

bsnyder
05-10-2013, 07:05 AM
:)Only 3 weeks ,or 21 days till tourney:snapoutofit:.Numbers looking better, prizes are awsum.Lake is thawing and creeks are plum full of spawning walleye:sHa_shakeshout:.

bsnyder
05-16-2013, 04:02 PM
SHORE LUNCH??? We are meeting a few guys for shore lunch on May 30 at noon.Thursday. Come join us, just a quik lunch and exchange lies with some fellow fishermen. Go to the sand beach just left(west) of ship wreak island.Look for the Big Green Lund.BYOB:sign0068:

Hunter Trav
06-02-2013, 04:42 PM
So how did the tourney go? How many boats did you end up with???

Walleye101
06-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Congratulations to the Reel Doctor for winning this years event!:happy0180::happy0180:

bsnyder
06-03-2013, 06:59 PM
So how did the tourney go? How many boats did you end up with???

Weather was awsum, volinteers were awsum, sponcers were awsum(except for the one that didn't send his prize,grrrr) and most of the Anglers were awsum.Tough bite since spring was 3 weeks late, but a few guys found the fish and did real well and a few(like grace and me) didn't find enough fish.Thats why they call it fishing and not catching-haha.Will post results and pics when we get rested up, probably after Anglers.Overall , a great success and I think everyone had a good time.49 entrys, hopefully more next year.:bad_boys_20:

gramps73
06-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Congrats on a great event...

bsnyder
06-03-2013, 07:02 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/s480x480/936184_10152862054060133_1808283258_n.jpg

here is a picture of a happy guy.Mr REEL DOCTOR

bsnyder
06-03-2013, 07:04 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q72/s480x480/971560_10152862069155133_601549284_n.jpg
The winning team.Trevor and Ryan

Freedom55
01-28-2014, 07:52 AM
A reminder that The Classic is coming soon. Start planning now to attend this great event put on by a great town/people with lots of post-spawn walleye action. Contact bsnyder for a mail-out.

Free

208prov
01-28-2014, 09:50 AM
What date you think its gonna be BOB, May 31-june 1?

LCCFisherman
01-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Trevor won't be winning this year!!!

208prov
01-28-2014, 02:18 PM

I will be though

67ZL1
01-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Can't hardly wait!

walleyeca
02-06-2014, 01:29 PM
I don't know why you would say this as we were almost all by ourselves and there is no way youll be able to find me! Only one other team knows and they don't know us! LOL bring your cash I can always use more! thank you

npauls
02-06-2014, 02:43 PM

Ryan if you can come up with the cash I will go out there with you and we can take my tiller and take Trevor's money. :sHa_shakeshout:

208prov
02-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Ryan if you can come up with the cash I will go out there with you and we can take my tiller and take Trevor's money. :sHa_shakeshout:

Trevor was my partner when we won that derby, My dad and his buddy came in second, Only 1 other boat knows where we actually were, people assume they know where, But if u got a boat that can keep up all the power to you, Trevor got a new hair doo from fishing with me lol,

Walleye101
02-06-2014, 06:45 PM
That's funny. He said that he was in fear for his life at the Golden. I'm looking forward to this up coming season. It's going to be another fun year!

208prov
02-06-2014, 07:19 PM
That's funny. He said that he was in fear for his life at the Golden. I'm looking forward to this up coming season. It's going to be another fun year!

Couldnt of feared to bad he went to golden together lol.

walleyeca
02-08-2014, 07:04 PM
I had no fear after My partner Ryan Installed more OH MY GOD! handles, I was nearly ejected at Delaronde luckily I didn't tie my shoes laces it gave ryan something to grab before I left the scene! LOL

walleyeca
02-08-2014, 07:08 PM

Look at you trying to start s%$# lol (lets keep that at the poker tables) Have you ever been in a boat at 67mph in 5 foot waves? I don't care how many grab handles you got!) you tend to fear for your life especially when your partner has no FEAR! LOL and hey we managed to cash some nice cheques there so it all worked out!

rasbok
02-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Trevor was my partner when we won that derby, My dad and his buddy came in second, Only 1 other boat knows where we actually were, people assume they know where, But if u got a boat that can keep up all the power to you, Trevor got a new hair doo from fishing with me lol,

My buddy was the other boat. So now I know aswell. See ya there !!:bad_boys_20:

208prov
02-08-2014, 07:55 PM
My buddy was the other boat. So now I know aswell. See ya there !!:bad_boys_20:

Catch me though lol

rasbok
02-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Our tournie boat only goes 56 GPS. It must be a magic 208 to go over 60.. Especially in 4-5ft er

208prov
02-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Our tournie boat only goes 56 GPS. It must be a magic 208 to go over 60.. Especially in 4-5ft er

Well if you were beside me that 150 hp will not do 56 mph, And i did not fish out of a 208,

rasbok
02-08-2014, 10:20 PM
I said my buddy was fishing beside you. 67 mph in 4-5 ft ers?? Sounds like a fishy tale too me.
:shark:

npauls
02-09-2014, 01:27 AM
Catch me though lol

Why would anyone need to catch another boat?

If you know where someone is fishing and are a slower boat you can still get to the same spot maybe 1-2 minutes later. Its not like the faster boat is going to clean out the spot before you get there.

I have fished plenty of tourneys and never in the fastest boat but have finished ahead of people in faster boats many times.

I will stick to my 16.5' tiller with an 80hp that is fully loaded and very easy on gas and no boat payment. 35-40mph is plenty fast enough to get to the fishing hole.

Seems like lots of people turn tourneys into who has the fastest rig on the water contests.

208prov
02-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Its always nice when people follow others when there leading after day 1, Especially when they didn't prefish that spot, I prefished the lake for 7 days ahead, Did my home work and found them, Then they follow, I know who was near us each day and they were never there,

npauls
02-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Its always nice when people follow others when there leading after day 1, Especially when they didn't prefish that spot, I prefished the lake for 7 days ahead, Did my home work and found them, Then they follow, I know who was near us each day and they were never there,

It's a tournament. Guys are going to follow the guys that are catching fish.

it happens all the time in tourneys. a guy and his partner will be going to net a fish when another boat is cruising by and that boat will slow right down and pull into the same spot.

It sucks ya. But it is always going to happen in a tournament.

rasbok
02-09-2014, 12:31 PM

I guess not everyone has 7 days to pre-fish a tournie, but I am sure most people have the time to read a topo map.

You would be a fool to think that teams don't pay attention to the teams(team # and boat description ) that are producing and who has some good weight on the board. If your not I guess your not there too win!!

I guess its time for an upgrade on that 67 mph boat and get a 80 mph stealth boat.

LOL

208prov
02-09-2014, 12:31 PM
It's a tournament. Guys are going to follow the guys that are catching fish.

it happens all the time in tourneys. a guy and his partner will be going to net a fish when another boat is cruising by and that boat will slow right down and pull into the same spot.

It sucks ya. But it is always going to happen in a tournament.

Yes you are right, Even if there isn't money involved people still follow, But there are a lot of fishermen with respect that knew where we were and stayed away. But I sure hope theres a lot more people there this year, the fish are there and a person has to find the right school at the right time, Its a long ways to the far end but can be rewarding if you find them, Just need more people to come and join the crowd. Or make a crowd LOL,

wellpastcold
02-09-2014, 01:20 PM
67 mph? On the highway being towed....... Maybe. On the water .... Yeah right!

208prov
02-09-2014, 01:44 PM
I guess not everyone has 7 days to pre-fish a tournie, but I am sure most people have the time to read a topo map.

You would be a fool to think that teams don't pay attention to the teams(team # and boat description ) that are producing and who has some good weight on the board. If your not I guess your not there too win!!

I guess its time for an upgrade on that 67 mph boat and get a 80 mph stealth boat.

LOL

I would loke a 80 MPH boat lol, And where did people get 67?

Freedom55
02-09-2014, 03:44 PM
I would loke a 80 MPH boat lol, And where did people get 67?

post 118.

Interesting points you make about respect for a superior angler by not disturbing him in his secret spot. Not too many spots like that on Delaronde and I know them all, and not too many tournament anglers like that either. I know a lot of them also.

Methinks the cat is out of the bag.

Free

67ZL1
02-09-2014, 09:11 PM
67 mph? On the highway being towed....... Maybe. On the water .... Yeah right!

I've personally been in a 1975 ProV GL last August that ran 64 MPH on GPS. 225 Verado with a 300 chip. Buddy said the aluminum hull will run slightly faster.

208prov
02-09-2014, 09:53 PM
I've personally been in a 1975 ProV GL last August that ran 64 MPH on GPS. 225 Verado with a 300 chip. Buddy said the aluminum hull will run slightly faster. Here is where it was moving

67ZL1
02-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Here is where it was moving

Yup, that's Honky Tonkin!

skykomish sunrise
02-10-2014, 10:38 AM
God I wish fast boats won more money... In reality it's time and experience and yes even luck. Having a fast boat is just plain fun though expecially back to the weight station with a full livewell. I can't wait for this year!

Freedom55
02-10-2014, 10:59 AM
With staggered flight times there is a chance that my slower boat puts me there half an hour or more before him on one of the days anyway.

And don't be dismayed. There are no 5' waves on Delaronde unless there has been a heck of a storm. Not likely in the spring. The walleye guy that said that did not experience those conditions at The Classic.

Free (see ya there!)

bsnyder
02-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Looks like were going again this year:sHa_shakeshout:.Tourny date is May 31st and June 1st.Will post more when entys are ready.Will be available through the WESTERN CANADIAN WALLEYE TRAIL, OUR WEBSITE or E_MAIL me @robertsnyder@live.ca.
Spring fishing, a blast but still a challenge.See ya there, Looking for sponcers now :)