PDA

View Full Version : Buck harvest followed by Buck Attack

AllTheAbove
11-20-2012, 04:16 AM
I've only seen this happen once before on film. this attack lasted even long though, pretty crazy! this happend just a few days ago :scared0018:

http://huntervids.com/?videos=up-close-personal-a-crazy-colarado-buck-attacks

surface2feather
11-20-2012, 04:25 AM
Thats insane. Wish it would of happened in the daylight though, I found a lot of the video hard to see...

raveon
11-20-2012, 05:06 AM
that little buck is one peppy little spit@#k!

FAT POSSUM
11-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Wow, it sure makes you appreciate how strong and aggressive a deer can be. That was really interesting.

Lefty-Canuck
11-20-2012, 08:10 AM
.....where is the mule deer are the smartest crowd? :)

LC

yamaha 1
11-20-2012, 08:12 AM
That is cazy, I guess I better keep my eyes in the back of my head when gutting an animal. WOW!!!

baptiste_moose
11-20-2012, 08:23 AM
never seen anything like that!

Mike Rae
11-20-2012, 08:39 AM
excellent footage! thanks for posting.

stickflicker
11-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Yikes! That buck meant business.:eek:

twytter
11-20-2012, 10:50 AM
thats a mule for yea lol,gee there stupid animal haha,thats why i dont shoot Mule too easy to kill,dumbest animal in the wild

lredman
11-20-2012, 12:19 PM
That is wild. I'm surprised the gun shot didn't scare him off!

albertabighorn
11-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Got video of a moose doing the samething for bout an hour, tried everything to get him off, but from the distance of 140 yards

pottymouth
11-20-2012, 12:55 PM
thats a mule for yea lol,gee there stupid animal haha,thats why i dont shoot Mule too easy to kill,dumbest animal in the wild

Spoken like a guy who must have monsters on his wall ! lets see those 200 inch+ bad boys!

CamoDerrick
11-20-2012, 01:04 PM
The power behind those assaults is amazing.

HunterDave
11-20-2012, 01:24 PM
The rut makes them act crazy doesn't it?

I had a similar incident with a whitetail buck 6 or 7 years ago. I shot a buck broadside at about 30 yards and he took off into the bush. When I got myself into position to see where he went there was a bunch of stomping and noise in the bush where he had run. As I got closer he was standing there looking at me as I approached. I knew that it was a good shot and I was waiting for him to tip over. Long story short.........it was a different buck that had immediately come out to take my dead buck on.

twytter
11-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Spoken like a guy who must have monsters on his wall ! lets see those 200 inch+ bad boys!

i never said i had any 200 inch + mule deer on my wall,i aint hunting them,but i have a few nice whitetail and a few wolfs

albertabighorn
11-20-2012, 09:18 PM
It aint easy to kill a 180+ muley with a bow not at all. Getting with in distance i can do but putting him on the ground is another thing, wind , positioning they are not dumb at all.

twytter
11-21-2012, 06:17 PM
yea i guess with a bow,but i never bow hunt yet,i want to go get a bow for next year and start to bow hunt,the only reason i never bow hunt is a that i cant go hunt has much i would like,i usually only take a week off and go for 1 week,wish i could go more,like every weekend or everyday after work,but we are not all lucky like some out there to be able to do it

sakogreywolf
11-21-2012, 08:05 PM

The OP posted a similar video in a thread called "Huge buck attacks dying archery buck!!new footage" a while back. Only difference was it showcased a dumb whitetail.

I enjoy the videos OP. Keep em coming!

pikergolf
11-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Pretty amazing how goofy they get, we saw one Sun. that was so beat from chasing does he could barely bounce anymore. He was still chasing does, tongue hanging out and so fatigued I expected him to collapse at any second.

twytter
11-21-2012, 09:32 PM
The OP posted a similar video in a thread called "Huge buck attacks dying archery buck!!new footage" a while back. Only difference was it showcased a dumb whitetail.

I enjoy the videos OP. Keep em coming!

i never said the whitetail cant be dumb,but to me,every Mule i seen,could of probly killed them with rocks,not like a whitetail,they gone before you see them,unless there after a doe in heat then they also seem to get easier to get,but a Mule seem to be like that year round,might be wrong cause i never hunt them much and not much experience on them,but from seing them everywhere,one experience this fall when Elk hunting i was sitting down and a mulie doe and buck came out in the field,after a few min they saw me and came straight towards me like about 25 feet away,then ran away and did this 3 time lol,suddenly they left

AllTheAbove
12-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Ok, so after hearing different opinions and reading comments I've actually looked closer at this video and there is some conspiracy if you pay close attention. Although I don't agree with most of them the comments below the video point out some interesting views..

Dumbo_Dave
12-25-2012, 11:11 AM
These guys were ready to gut a Mule Buck in somebodys back yard. Another buck shows up and attacks the dead one. Finally leaves the dead one tangled up in a pile of trash behind some kind of building.
Why does this look like some kind of deer feeding station in somebodys back yard dealing with a bunch of habituated deer. Any wonder why the little buck wasn't worried about all the people and even the gunshot?
Hate to be a downer on this video, but I don't see it as any kind of natural reaction at all.

Jimboy
12-26-2012, 01:57 AM
These guys were ready to gut a Mule Buck in somebodys back yard. Another buck shows up and attacks the dead one. Finally leaves the dead one tangled up in a pile of trash behind some kind of building.
Why does this look like some kind of deer feeding station in somebodys back yard dealing with a bunch of habituated deer. Any wonder why the little buck wasn't worried about all the people and even the gunshot?
Hate to be a downer on this video, but I don't see it as any kind of natural reaction at all.

x2

bowtech3006
12-26-2012, 06:19 AM
yea i guess with a bow,but i never bow hunt yet,i want to go get a bow for next year and start to bow hunt,the only reason i never bow hunt is a that i cant go hunt has much i would like,i usually only take a week off and go for 1 week,wish i could go more,like every weekend or everyday after work,but we are not all lucky like some out there to be able to do it

If you give bowhunting a try your gonna see how 'dumb' everything is. Guns and rut are allot different than anytime and spitting close. Close the distance to 40yrds of a 2.5 yr old mule or any deer for that matter. Same old rifle mentality about how 'easy' it is. It being so 'easy' is why most guys hunt with a bow. You should try. Goodluck.

bruceba
12-26-2012, 10:36 AM
A couple years ago my Daughter shot her first Mulie buck and a second buck ran right up and started hammering away on it for a couple minutes. I was laughing my arse off and my daughter kept swearing at the bastage to leave her buck alone.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/b6extreme/buck3-5_zps56e975e0.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/b6extreme/buck7_zps5af84ee5.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/b6extreme/buck5-2_zps2f0f2ae7.jpg

deercrazy!
12-26-2012, 12:29 PM
I do love the wolves you got ,I have never shot one but c'mon with the mulies are dumb comments gun or bow trophies don't just come easy . I thought you would agree since the deer you do have are ok but nothing to be bragging about best one I see in your pics is mid 150's at best . So at this point you have no big stupid whitetails or dumb mulies :snapoutofit: until. You have got one yourself and can speak from experience it just sounds like your jealous

ganaraska
12-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Twytter: Good shot with you guys and all those bucks! In Alberta? Nice work.

Alberta Bigbore
12-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Interesting stuff!!

redranger15
12-26-2012, 08:41 PM
I was thinking about it beating up the meat, then he makes a comment about not wrecking the rack. LOL

fzo
12-31-2012, 03:13 AM
I think the footage is totally legit and its not a farm but the way it's all pieced together is a bit weird.

thanks for the share, unique stuff

Tundra Monkey
12-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Agressive lil' feller' for sure :fighting0030:

I've seen that quite a few times with musk-ox in the rut. As soon as the blood comes out the lil' ones get a lil' braver and take advantage of it.

AllTheAbove
01-03-2013, 12:13 PM
I close my thoughts on this video saying that is truly asking for controversy the way they filmed and most of all edited it. I doubt its a farm, legit footage but who knows and they shoulda kept at least part of the shot in there..?! lol craziest/weirest vid i saw in 2012

fzo
01-08-2013, 07:00 AM
wow that must have been quite the experience for both of you .