PDA

View Full Version : Travers report

Tinman
05-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Last weekend I went to Travers for the first time I had loaded the boat and everything else and was out there on sunday by 7:30am. With my fishin partner we decided not to put the boat in the water as we thought it might get to windy and when all you have is oars to get around it makes it hard. So we went up to the spill way and fished there. We caught around 5o pike and had a great time only one was big enough to keep. I was very disapointed in all the garbage laying around. As we fished I noticed that one group was keeping fish and not even measuring them. When we left we each took 2 bags of other people **** with us and its sad that by doing that it didnt even look like we took anything. Also with the group that was keeping fish and not measuring them I looked at there fish on the way back to my truck and noticed they had one that was undersized for sure. So as any good outdoorsmen I phoned report a poacher and got a phone call right away from a CO out of Lethbridge. As I talked to him he said that not many people were working on the long weekend which kinda ****ed me of as there was so many people out and this is a weekend when they should be out doing what they do. But he did say he would drive up to Travers and have a look. So on monday I got the phone call and he said he went up and was very dissapointed in all the garbage but he did catch the group with the undersized pike and that due to that I would be getting a reward. Now here are my feelings I think that it is great that they caught these people but I think it is sad that they have to offer rewards to get people to phone in on the people that are poaching. So I don't know what this reward is but was woundering if anyone knows what it might be and if there is away this can go to good use as a donation or what do you guys think? Any insight would be great.

Thanks the Tinman

Winch101
05-24-2008, 10:03 AM
It is sad , but as agroup if anglers do not police themselves than groups like PETA will . Everyone who owns a rod and reel is not a sportsman .

I have been ashore at the spillway many times and the amount of crap alway
astounds me .

The problem is that the punishments for breaking out door laws
are somewhat laughable but thats all going to change ...
Society at large is on this enviromental kick and the vote
getters will react in kind ...
I am old enough to remember the paddle , and know a few criminal
types who got it , it is definitely an attitude changer .

You did good W101

Tinman
05-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks i think i did but wish more people could follow the rules a pick up after them selves because if we dont look after what we have we will lose it in a quik hurry and then everyone misses out.

dodger
05-24-2008, 02:36 PM
The last few years at Travers has turned into a Gong show of people who do not care about anything. My last trip there for shoreline fishing saw my dog have her paw slit wide open because of broken glass BURIED in the sand. Funny how everyone is jumping on the save the planet from global warming band wagon while leaving there garbage everywhere they go? There's not much you can do about some of these idiots but teach your children and lead by example. I always leave a place better than I found it as this is my small part to help.
Dodger.