PDA

View Full Version : Swan Lake, BC

donrock
05-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm working in Dawson Creek and was wondering if anyone knows anything about Swan Lake. I heard its fairly shallow, but its great fishing for walleye, pike and perch.
Any tips?
Thanks,

Donny

bigD1979
05-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I herd that there was a heavy winter kill there in 2007 and they had reduced it o limit.

GPBuzz
05-25-2008, 01:11 AM
You should inquire about One Island Lake if your at Dawson. Heard there is a few lunker Rainbows cruisin around

Hard Water
11-30-2008, 06:33 PM
hey donrock ... sure was nice getting off early today, was thinking of going out to swan to check the ice , but decided to wait a little longer,anyway see ya at work tommrow!

Hard Water
11-30-2008, 06:39 PM
hey donrock, how do i ask questions on here,its me wb

Flip
12-01-2008, 05:47 PM
A couple buddies of mine have been out on Swan a week ago. At that time the ice was 3inches. Not alot of eyes anymore but there are some nice perch and pike in there.

donrock
12-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the update Flip!

You have any idea of the sizes of perch or pike in there? I wouldn't mind giving it a try one of these days if I can get outta work early.

Flip
12-02-2008, 08:22 PM
I got an update today and there is over 8 inches. They will be using their quad this weekend. Their are some nice perch(1lb+) Last year they did well with Pike over 10lbs. Lots over smaller ones though. I would consider hitting One Island also. It can be a little slow but you would have chance at a 10lb Bow and Brookies over 5lbs.
Cheers!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
12-03-2008, 01:50 AM
If your up for a drive south to tumblker and between Tumbler ridge and chetwynd a lake called moose laked wicked for lunker rainbows , 10 lber's plus.

donrock
12-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the info guys. It doesn't look like I'll get a day off from here on out so I won't be able to make it out to the lake unless I do it after work. Is fishing perch worth while after dark? I've only ever fished them until dark. I know I caught a few pike last year fishing for burbot at home in the evening so I might just have to get out just so I can get some fishing in before the holidays.
Have you ever fished perch after dark? If so, do you fish them the same?

thanks

Tofinofish
12-04-2008, 04:37 PM
DonRock,

I stopped in at Swan Lake for the first time at the end of October. I heard the same report of it being a good bet for Pike etc.
The focus was for my son to catch his first Pike, as we are from Vancouver Island where no matter how hard we fish for them, we don't seem to find any...
It was a nice spot, but nothing happened for us that day. We also fished the Peace in a couple different areas during that time, with no success. I grew up fishing these species, but has been a lot of years since living and fishing full time on the coast.

I will try Swan again in the future, and will try and catch warmer weather so I can strip some surface flies for the pike. Good thing the hunting was far better than the fishing.

Jay

Buckhead
12-04-2008, 04:48 PM
If you just want to catch some fish and size doesn't matter too much try Charlie Lake north of Fort St. John. Has loads of fish, just not many big ones.

I've caught up to 300 walleyes at one sitting and who knows how many pike.

Buckhead
12-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the info guys. It doesn't look like I'll get a day off from here on out so I won't be able to make it out to the lake unless I do it after work. Is fishing perch worth while after dark? I've only ever fished them until dark. I know I caught a few pike last year fishing for burbot at home in the evening so I might just have to get out just so I can get some fishing in before the holidays.
Have you ever fished perch after dark? If so, do you fish them the same?

thanks

No sense perch fishing in the dark. The perch will be sleeping.

donrock
12-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks for all the info guys,

I'll be sure to update you if I can get out there. Can't wait to get my lines in the water.