PDA

View Full Version : batteries

fishking
05-24-2008, 11:06 PM
just wondering if any knows how to install two 12 volt batteries to a 12 volt bowmount trolling motor.

Jason Balesdent
05-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Quite easy actually. What kind of details do you need?

Roebag
05-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Here's the link

Parallel Batteries - Connect pos to pos and neg to neg

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_6/chpt_3/3.html

The Fisherman Guy
05-25-2008, 04:12 PM
I just bought a trolling motor, and considered running two batteries in Paralell for a higher reserve capacity. That will give you more run time. Problem being that the batteries would be too bulky for my needs.

Given that your motor is a 12V, if you hook it up in Paralell - pos to pos, neg to neg your voltage will stay the same (12V) but you will have a exponentially higher reserve capacity. If you connect them pos to neg, pos to neg they will be in series and the voltage will double, (24V).

I found that with my Minn Kota Maxxum motor I can push my canoe around for three days without any problem, around 25-30 hours of run time depending on speed. I would reccommend you pick up a battery box, Wholesale Sports, and put your battery in there. It makes for easy transport, keeps the battery dry, it also has a circuit breaker installed to act as a fail safe to protect your motor. I have one, and although it was expensive, 75 bucks!, It works great.