PDA

View Full Version : Beaver lately

Shrubs
05-26-2008, 01:13 PM
I've been fishing Beaver Lake by Caroline a fair amount lately and it's been pretty good. Fished it friday night of the long weekend and had a blast, with a lot of big fish landed. Following monday night was pretty good but a little slower and had some equipment malfunctions.

Fished it yesterday and had a ton of action but only managed to land four. I hooked 3 in fairly short fashion after showing up and then somehow managed to miss or lose 15 straight fish in a row which has never happened before, at least all in a row like that. Finally landed another one at the end of the day on a catatonic leech. Another first for me was watching a fish tow around a little red and white bobber. Funny thing is it happened a little while after hearing a fellow yell from the bay in front of the launch that pink powerbait was working well, and that they'd broke one big fish off. Later on I informed the guy of the regs and he was pretty nice about it and didn't seem like he had the intention of breaking any rules.

Tons of chironomids coming off lately of all sorts of colors and sizes. I'm no expert but anything that looks like a chironomid whatsoever should have action, but some will be better than others. Small green leeches and scuds have had some action too.
I noticed the fish are starting to chase the minnows around more so a minnow pattern might be a good bet also especially in the evening.

Get yer net wet,
Shrubs