Non-Typical Whietail
Mule Deer
Ladies Whitetail
Youth Whitetail (17 years and younger)
Draw out of hat for all horns entered.

All Horns must be entered by 2:00 p.m.

xxclaro
12-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Gonna be there.There should be some real nice ones entered this year,lookingforward to seeing them. i'm going to bring mine just to get it scored,it'll be no where near the biggest. What kind of turn out do they usually get there?

hogsmoker
12-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Last year we had about 70 horns and expect alot more this year, bring your horns out we have a alot of prizes given on draws to whoever brings horns. Ya, Iam sure there will be some big ones. I know of 2 in the 200 range that will be there.

bsmitty27
12-06-2012, 11:21 PM
If I wasn't working I'd be there for sure. Sounds like a good way to spend a afternoon!
Brad

Willowtrail
12-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Hey Les and Blair. What time are you heading out there?

Lefty
12-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Went last year we really enjoyed it. Was planning on going again this year but just heard about it today and have already made plans for the day that we can't change. The wife and I are kind of disapointed about it. A question for anyone involved in the day. Last year it was in January, and I was wondering if the date will change every year possibly or is this going to be normal having it the beginning of December?

ishootbambi
12-07-2012, 08:54 PM
i will be passing through mundare tomorrow. hopefully i have a few minutes to swing in! :sHa_shakeshout:

pikeslayer22
12-07-2012, 09:00 PM
i will be passing through mundare tomorrow. hopefully i have a few minutes to swing in! :sHa_shakeshout:
Maybe see you there and continue our debate over baiting over a beer

ishootbambi
12-08-2012, 02:20 AM
Maybe see you there and continue our debate over baiting over a beer

i cant promise, but i will try to get there. it will be coke for me though. got directions? i will be in a rather large unit, so hopefully i can navigate my way in there on a truck route.....or if not perhaps a generous forum member could pick me up from the truck stop, wink wink nudge nudge.

xxclaro
12-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Man,some beauties brought in there today,very impressive display of antler. Hopefully I can go again next year,and bring a better entry.

steve
12-08-2012, 07:11 PM
What were the winning numbers

pikeslayer22
12-08-2012, 07:20 PM
WT typical 190...NT 226...Mule 201...youth wt...180s....all gross scores

ishootbambi
12-08-2012, 10:36 PM
very glad i made that show today. got to meet several more AO members which is always good, and got to have a gander at a whack of great whitetails. there were at least a dozen better than 170. i like the focus of the show on antlers and not so much a trade show kinda deal.

i was a little concerned the way the bones were laid out for everyone to manhandle. i have nothing against kids, but the way a few little ones were running around slapping heads on the tables, i see some broken points in the future. as much as i like getting that close to the goods myself, id be concerned if a big head of mine was at risk that way.

BIG BIG kudos to cabelas for their support of that club. the donations and presence was pretty awesome to see.

overall, id give it a 9 out of 10. they are gonna need a bigger venue next year though at the rate they are growing. it was already a little crowded with what was in there today. beauty job by the MFGA overall!

Dean
12-09-2012, 07:49 AM
My wife was wondering if there were any womens entries and what were the scores.

pikeslayer22
12-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Sorry they did have a lady's category I think she even won the free mount...not sure the size the winners was but it was a real heavy 3x3 I'm guessing grossing in the 170s

deercrazy!
12-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Ladies winner was 166 super super heavy I would guess bases were about 8" around, there were some real nice bucks there maybe not all scoring that high but truly amazing character , was glad I went and will be back next yr for sure . What I liked was that the antlers were all out on tables to look at and hold I find you can appreciate them much more when you can hold them in your hands for yourself

racktracker
12-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Just wondering if any moose racks were brought in?

xxclaro
12-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Only one moose brought in that I saw,not sure of the score but was good size.
The womens winner actually had it's score changed to 175,due to a calculation error.It was a super cool lookingdeer,for sure. Mine actually scored a couple inches more,but looked nowhere near as impressive. There were quite a few that scored less than mine,that I would have shot first,had they been standing side by side. Numbers aren't everything,that's one thing I learned!

Snap Shot
12-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Only one moose brought in that I saw,not sure of the score but was good size.
The womens winner actually had it's score changed to 175,due to a calculation error.It was a super cool lookingdeer,for sure. Mine actually scored a couple inches more,but looked nowhere near as impressive. There were quite a few that scored less than mine,that I would have shot first,had they been standing side by side. Numbers aren't everything,that's one thing I learned!
To bad I missed out. Was going to enter my buck this year. Sounds like it was success.
What did yours score.? That was a beauty archery buck.

racktracker
12-09-2012, 09:45 PM
thanks for lettin me know on the moose, if i didn't have too work i would've brought mine in! See lots of comments on the scoring, I used to do Hylo's horn scoring, had biggest typ, biggest non typ, mens, ladies and youth catagories, also did mulie, moose, elk, bear and archery catagories, highest score in each catagory won! Also had shed catagories for the kids! here's a pic of my moose!

xxclaro
12-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Ended up scoring 177 2/8,which was easily 20 inches more than I had guessed.There were few in the 160175 range that looked WAY more impressive,just didn't have the stickers and junk to add to the score.

laker
12-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Sounds like there was good ones there. Do they come from far and wide? Or mostly local. A lot of the winners now seem to do the circuit. That is go from show to show and clean house. Which I think is ok, as they get to be viewed by many. Any pics of some winners?

hogsmoker
12-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Hey Guys:

We had 97 deer entries, plus some moose and elk horns on top of that. We had over 400 people walk through the door, in which we didn't expect. It was a great show with alot of big horns, Thanks to Cabelas for the sponsorship and also to all our other sponsors, also thanks to all of the AO members that came out. Meet a couple of AO members at the show. For the venue for next year we will have to look into that as it was pretty tight.

The numbers mentioned by pikeslayer were pretty close, just there was a caculation error in the lady's in which it ended up around 175 1/8.

Ya, alot of the big ones go from show to show but they are nice to see, and Iam sure they will be at Cherrygrove this weekend.

We had 16 whitetails over 175 gross.
We had 5 mulies over the 190 gross.

I will try and get someone to put up some pictures, it looked impressive as we had over 25 deer mounts hanging around the hall.

BigBuck44
12-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Awesome event. Seeing all those monsters in one building was unreal. Going back next year for sure whitetail or no whitetail.

Dean
12-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Just wondering if the club posts names and numbers of winners and 2nd 3rd place horns.

tyu33
12-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Hogsmoker and Sowbelly....a great show congrats!! I know you guys and other members of Mundare Fish and Game put lots of leg work into this show again this year. Looking forward to next year. Sowbelly, maybe you'll get to enter one that you get on camera, as long as they don't all get shot again.

BigBuck44
12-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Does anybody have pictures of the winners?