PDA

View Full Version : Joussard

wmw9
12-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Hey Everyone,

Headed to Joussard next weekend to do some ice fishing. Sounds like the lake isn't thick enough for a truck yet, luckily I've managed to secure snowmobiles!

Has anyone ice fished Joussard yet this year? I read an earlier thread that said there are 2 permanent shacks out.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
Mike

wmw9
12-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Hey has anyone driven on the ice close to Joussard recently? Can a guy get out there with a truck or is there too much snow?

Mike_W
12-12-2012, 01:46 PM
I really can't help but I too would like to know the lake conditions.

Honestly if you have access to a snowmobile take it!!! The fishing grounds is 2-3 km out from shore and can be a real nightmare with ice heaves and snow drifts!!!

Elkaholic523
12-12-2012, 02:26 PM
U would b taking a major risk with a truck at joussard right now I can't see there being more than 10 inches of ice

bearbait
12-12-2012, 02:47 PM
wont catch me on slave till after xmas at best. big lake give it time to freeze

Marlin07
12-12-2012, 02:57 PM
I really can't help but I too would like to know the lake conditions.

Honestly if you have access to a snowmobile take it!!! The fishing grounds is 2-3 km out from shore and can be a real nightmare with ice heaves and snow drifts!!!

Wise advice, we moved our shack to Canyon Creek for this reason alone. I'm pretty sure the fishing is better at Joussard but not worth the headaches most days.

wmw9
12-12-2012, 03:57 PM
The people we're going with pulled there shack out last week and said that it was fine. I guess I should ask them to define there version of fine.

I have managed to secure 2 snowmobiles so that makes me feel quite a bit better.

If anyone has been on the ice and has drilled it I would love to know how thick it actually is!

Safety D
12-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Its been to windy and cold to fish lately anyways.

wmw9
12-13-2012, 08:25 AM
Weather report didn't look too bad for this weekend!

We have sleds to get on the ice which will be our best option!

I will post pictures Tuesday when I get back from the trip to let everyone know how we did. If anyone is fishing in Joussard this weekend look for 2 older Ski-Doo Summits (green ones) and come and say hello.