PDA

View Full Version : possible ice auger issue?

the local angler
12-08-2012, 12:08 AM
hey all again i am kinda late to the first ice fishing season sick with the flu and all but i finally dusted off the ice auger and mixed some fuel and fired up the auger and ran it for about 5 mins and dumped the fuel back into the gas can. then i when i was about to put the lid back on the gas can i noticed some chunkies sitting on the bottom of the gery can. my question is the gas ice augers DO NOT have fuel filters right? i tried looking for one on mine but didnt see one. i am pretty sure none went into the auger but i am wondering if the augers dont have a fuel filter is it worth it to put one on? all the fuel was new/ 2 stroke oil.

Tyangelo
12-08-2012, 01:06 AM
I've never seen an inline filter on one, but there may be screens on some of them somewheres. Couldn't hurt though, considering the minute jets in those carbs. However, I'd suggest just cleaning the jerry, and putting a screen on the can itself.

Kim473
12-08-2012, 05:47 AM
Check inside the fuel tank. Lots of small two cycles have the filter in the fuel tank.

chriscosta
12-08-2012, 10:46 AM
my jiffy gots one its i small square one

Popik
12-08-2012, 03:26 PM
might be like a quality chainsaw and be siting in the neck at the bottom of the tank

the local angler
12-08-2012, 04:43 PM
cool i will check that out thanks guys