PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Info

Azrie
12-08-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm looking to head out to Pigeon on Monday or Tuesday and I'm wondering if anyone has reports about walleye there? Any suggestions on where to go for them? I've never been out there before. After a little research on the boards I've come across a few places: the provincial park and Muljurst Bay. Any tips on where to go in these areas or where to park? I just have a little car so I'll probably be walking on to the lake. Is it basically just straight out from either of these spots? And how deep to fish?

Thanks!

mikebossy
12-08-2012, 10:35 PM
check graffys post from a few days ago. think he said awesome at 13-18 feet deep off proviincial park, i'd assume drop off anywhere along there, ie think summer spots and you'll be good

DaveS
12-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Just off the provincial park is usually ok for walleye and you can park and walk out pretty easy...you'll know where to fish because there will be a tent city right off of there :)

I tried Mulhurst a couple times last year, and it was slow...but always caught something, either jacks or walleyes. Mulhurst has a nice big parking spot as well and you don't have to walk out very far, 50-100m, or a little farther if you want

Tyangelo
12-08-2012, 11:28 PM
I was at the Provincial Park for a few hours today. Saw a few walleye and 1 white, but didn't connect to anything. Both species seemed passive. Fishing 15 FOW, lots of leeches down there.

Ice is about 10" clear, 2" white.

Couple guys out there that drove on, but it's still not thick enough for me to drive on yet.
Access at the boat launch at the provincial park, and walk out at a 45 deg angle to your left, and watch the shore until you see the bathroom house. Change course, and move parallel with the shore for about 100 yards. Set up fish portal.

Or stay on the big sand flat in front of the launch. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but there should be whites there. 3-8 FOW

Graffy91
12-08-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm looking to head out to Pigeon on Monday or Tuesday and I'm wondering if anyone has reports about walleye there? Any suggestions on where to go for them? I've never been out there before. After a little research on the boards I've come across a few places: the provincial park and Muljurst Bay. Any tips on where to go in these areas or where to park? I just have a little car so I'll probably be walking on to the lake. Is it basically just straight out from either of these spots? And how deep to fish?

Thanks!

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=158665

Fish 10-15FOW and they will slowly come in non stop. :)

hard_azz
12-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Just pullin out of the prov park right now. Filled 2 of my tags. Slow pace but seen one or two every hour. Coulda moved around a bit more but spinning the hand auger thru 12" of ice was getting old hahaha. Find atleast 10fow and they will come63850

ddddd05
12-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Anyone see a pair of Arnette sunglasses in a case when they were fishing the provincial park. I lost a pair there the other day.