PDA

View Full Version : whats fishin good around edmonton

crosbyfan123
12-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Would really appreciate any info that would lead us to some ok fishung.

Georgias daddy
12-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Good luck breaking the ice with this bunch! I have just taken up ice fishing again and will post ALL my results on the forum. As of now I don't know of any good spots but stay posted. And good luck.

tysonlazo2
12-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Chickakoo for trout

AppleJax
12-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Good luck breaking the ice with this bunch! I have just taken up ice fishing again and will post ALL my results on the forum. As of now I don't know of any good spots but stay posted. And good luck.

Yeah, what kind of people wouldnt want to tell everyone where there favorite spot is, and see it overcrowded with people in a matter of weeks.... Most people here are helpfull in pointing people the right direction and offering advise. You cant teach someone how to become a good fisherman by handing everything to them on a plate. Trial and error, and most of all persistence(often mistaken with stubborness)

Cross Lake.

BGSH
12-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Wabamun is a great pike fishery as it is catch and release. Check it out. Many places to ice fish, provincial park and the town boat launch are great places to start off.

fishunter
12-09-2012, 09:11 PM
To find good fishing u have to go at least 1.5 hrs north of the city.

Lefty-Canuck
12-09-2012, 10:10 PM
First you have to define what type of fish you want to catch, then you have to define if you are a catch and keep or catch and release fisherman....these questions alone through a process of elimination will allow folks to point you in the right direction.

For instance if you want to catch trout....don't go to Pigeon, if you want to catch and keep walleye....don't go to Pigeon.

LC

crosbyfan123
12-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the replies but i actually have a few spots up my sleeve but decided to go to cross lake and get some perch lol i would never ask about perch but anyways with chickakoo has the fishing bin consistent or a couple an hour thanks again for the info.

Georgias daddy
12-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Yeah, what kind of people wouldnt want to tell everyone where there favorite spot is, and see it overcrowded with people in a matter of weeks.... Most people here are helpfull in pointing people the right direction and offering advise. You cant teach someone how to become a good fisherman by handing everything to them on a plate. Trial and error, and most of all persistence(often mistaken with stubborness)

Cross Lake.

I was being sarcastic I'm back into ice fishing after a 15year break and I know I'm not going to try the same lake twice this year. And will post all my findings let's hope I don't stumble on to your honey hole. I have found that most people are very helpfull and do try and help people out. But I have also read post from jag offs who get very upset if someone asks where to get started. So by saying good luck breaking the ice with this bunch was not ment to offend anyone. Just good luck take it however you want?:thinking-006: