PDA

View Full Version : Looking too run cats with dogs

Junebug338
12-09-2012, 06:11 PM
I have had hounds my whole life I have run bear deer and coyotes over the years. My most current dogs run bear and coyote they are only two years old and have been on over 50 trees and have had 6 shot in front of them and more coyotes then I can count. I was wondering if someone would let me pack my dogs in with them too see if they will run them. It would be greatly appreciated thanks a lot Dave bender. I am looking for a started cougar hound also .

buckbrushoutdoors
12-09-2012, 06:18 PM
What happens when you let your dogs go on a lion track and they cross a coyote track or worse a wolf track? Personally I think your dogs wouldn't be very effective on a cat track. Most lion hounds only know to follow cats for the reason they don't get side lined on another animal track.

H380
12-09-2012, 06:35 PM
What happens when you let your dogs go on a lion track and they cross a coyote track or worse a wolf track? Personally I think your dogs wouldn't be very effective on a cat track. Most lion hounds only know to follow cats for the reason they don't get side lined on another animal track.

Gotta agree buck brush , and I'm guessing these dogs must have been used some where other than Alberta if you are running coyotes and bear with them . Oops , answered my own question from another post .You may get some one that will take you but most guys are kinda secretive about there areas and understandably so .