PDA

View Full Version : Jackfish lake by stony plain

Georgias daddy
12-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Made a fast trip out today to try out all the new equipment, spent 3 hrs started in 20 ft water not a fish on sonar or camera moved to 13 ft same result. And last went to 10 ft water and saw 2 pike on the camera but pulled the hook out of there way as I was hunting perch. There was a good 12 inches of ice. Hope this info helps someone CHEERS!!!!

Thundercatcher
12-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Im going to try there tomorrow, Hopefully I will catch something , I have never caught a pike there yet in the winter!

1bluZebec
12-18-2012, 06:08 PM
That's funny cause I can't catch a walleye through the ice for the life of me but can always get at least one pike every outing there. Summer is always good for all three, walleye,pike and perch. I was there two weeks ago and the ice was 6-7" of good ice and managed to see one walleye swim by the camera with no intrest but we landed 3 pike in about 2 hours and seen quite a few baby perch like the size where they're eyes look too big for their body. The best part of our day was having a fellow drive down and onto the ice! I was very surprised but he just stayed close to shore and had no problems.

Thundercatcher
12-18-2012, 06:10 PM
I guess I just haven't found a good spot yet :P