PDA

View Full Version : Fun day at Newell today

calgarygringo
12-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Hit our usual area at Newell for our first trip of the year. Ice was 14" where we were and we took the sled out. Saw a couple trucks out across from us on the ice but they were more trusting of the ice than we were. Caught a couple nice ones, one dinner size for the wife and I and my partners grandson caught the biggie of the day at 10 lbs and a few oz on the digital. Water was real clear right to the bottom in 12 feet of water and we sight fished most of the day. Had a ton of lookers and several runs as well. When the kid was bringing in his big one another one way bigger came up and put it's big jaws around it and took a chunk out of it while he was trying to reel in. Made for some real excitement this afternoon. Looked twice the size and a real river monster. :sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

cdkeim
12-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Good to see ya back on your spot. Hopefully I will make it out there next weekend. Like you, I think I will walk my sled on for awhile yet.

slough shark
12-09-2012, 10:22 PM
wow sounds like a good time, based on what happened next time I head out I ought to use a 10lb fish for bait. I've seen some monsters out there before but seeing a beast take a run at a 10 pounder would make my day.