PDA

View Full Version : Jiffy parts - Calgary area

Fishabs
12-10-2012, 07:33 AM
I played telephone tag with Jiffy Distributors in the States and Edmonton trying to order a part for my auger before I was provided the contact info for a dealer location in Calgary:

Alberta Forest and Garden
403-248-0878

I ordered over the phone; 1 week to get the part.

I do not work for these guys nor do I try to promote their company as I'm sure there are other dealers in the Calgary area. Just thought I'd drop this # in case it could be handy for someone else.

See you on the ice.

wmw9
12-10-2012, 08:12 AM
I ordered a new air filter for mine last year after a guy I took on a trip decided to dunk my auger and my filter froze solid (then he ripped it when he took it out).

I talked to the guy at wholesale sports and he gave me a card for:
Brothers Two Small Engines
Bay 26, 4320 75th ave se

They ordered the filter and I had it within a week.

double gun
12-10-2012, 09:34 AM
I buy all my parts from my local automotive parts store here in athabasca. I would suspect that most auto parts store could get whatever you want.

iliketrout
12-10-2012, 11:17 AM
I've had good service from Action Engines in SE calgary just off Blackfoot.

http://actionenginesinc.com/

Fishabs
12-21-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm gonna vent a little, and for those who are in the Calgary area and read this thread, you may want to consider this:

I initially wrote this thread immediately after ordering my part and was told by the salesman that it would take 1 week at the most. Turns out 3 weeks later, I still don't have the part. I have phoned twice (weekly) in the mean time, and on both occasions, was told that they didn't know when they would get it, and that there was no way for them to find out what was the status with their distributor (bull**** and lazyness).

I phoned today after I noticed on my credit card statement that the amount had been deposited. This time, I was told that maybe the part was back-ordered, hard for them to confirm, therefore hard for them to tell me when and if I would get the part. (Huh?)

So, when I asked to get my money back, which was already deposited I remind you, the phone hung up. I phoned again and was told that it "somehow" disconnected (how convenient).

Had I been an assh***, I would understand the phone hang up medicine but rest assure I wasn't.

So, Iv'e phoned both other places suggested on this thread (thank you) and both had the part and/or said they could get it shipped from Edmonton within 2-3 days.

30 minutes later, i received a phone call from AFG telling me that the part was being shipped from Edmonton this morning and would arrive either this Afternoon or tomorrow. Do you think someone forgot the order on the corner of a desk? I think so.

Mistakes happen, not a big deal. It's how as a company you deal with them that defines the customer's acceptance.

Really unhappy to think that I might not have my auger running for the Holliday break.

SCHOOCH
12-21-2012, 11:32 AM
I have dealt with AFG in the past as well as last week. I dropped off my Jiffy to fix the recoil and get it tuned up. They told me 1 week for everything to be completed so i told them to just do the recoil and i will pick it up without the tune up. Went and picked it up 2 days later and everything was taken care of including the tune up!!!!! They did a great job on everything, unfortunately i think someone like you said dropped the ball and forgot to order your part......which sucks for you but as we all know does happen (no excuse for them screwing up). Really hope your auger gets fixed in time for the holidays