PDA

View Full Version : Help...Small Engine Shop for Strikemaster

hiddenwalleye
12-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Hi to the Forum, need a little help, has any one taken a Strike-master Ice Auger to a small engine repair shop in Edmonton, I need a carburetor spring, it has a Tecumsen Engine.

Thank You in Advance!!

:acigar:

HW

Rascal4now
12-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Try Thorsby Repair. Dan will have one.
780-789-2007.

Walleyemagnet
12-10-2012, 10:14 PM
The lawnmower hospital

Gilligan
12-11-2012, 07:20 AM
Eddys Small Engine in Edmt.

thorne
12-11-2012, 12:53 PM
are you talking about the governor spring? Leave it off and install a hard link and get another 200 RPM full out! Ya it might blow the engine over time....but sure is fun!! On another note if you want to insure your engine doesnt blow up, replace the spring. Almost any small engine shop can hook you up. Even though Techumpsy is no longer around they didn't make their own carbs, so replacing a piston would suck, carb parts should be no problem.

Still think you should leave it off......:bad_boys_20:

ghostguy6
12-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Ive always had great service from Alberta Small Engine on 50th street between the Whitemud and Argyll

hiddenwalleye
12-14-2012, 12:54 AM
To wrap up, I just want to let everyone know how this came to a happy conclusion!!...Went to Alberta Spring Repair, fellow said he would have the Carb Kit in a week with the Carburetor Spring in it, Cool.........So then I went to The Lawnmower Hospital, They looked it up and said no Spring :kap: is in the Kit and it's a ten week special order :mad2:

So thought I would give it one more kick at the cat, was going to WEM anyways so I checked out Eddy's small engine repair, well you walk in and there's no parts area or anything fancy but a bay that has a couple of benches and equipment laying around...So I talk to Eddy, show him my Tilliansin Carburetor from my Ice Auger, so he goes upstairs brings down a bag of about ten of the Carb's, say's he throws nothing away and pulls the Spring I need :47b20s0: and says Merry Christmas :eek:!!

Can't say enough good things about, Eddy, check him out, he has my Seal of Approval!!

HW

Gilligan
12-14-2012, 03:01 PM
GOOD TO HEAR !!

I've been recommending him for years now and looks like we are
both Eddie Fans.

he's helped me out with the same type of hard to find stuff.

He's a one man show trying to make a living as an independant.

He's a cool guy to......
interesting enough... he comes from a marine background so thats
a plus. He knows old stuff and the dealers are starting to not
want to fix older stuff

Hope all Members keep his number just in case .....

hiddenwalleye
12-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Eddy is the MAN!!...Nice to Deal with a Man who KNOW"S HIS STUFF, Eddy probably has forgotten more than anybody in his business knows!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND, Eddy's Small Engine Repair.!!!

HW

linger
12-15-2012, 11:28 AM
couldn't help but notice your proublems with lawn mower hospital i went to those jerks once never again:mad3:

italk2u
12-19-2012, 02:56 PM
So who says this forum isn't helpful?
After reading all the kudos, i took my Eskimo auger in to Eddy's small engine repair today. It was spinning uncontrollably even after adjusting the idle screw. I'm thinking oh-oh this is big time trouble. So i bring it in to him this afternoon...it takes him 5 minutes to figure out it's a jammed throttle cable which he fixes and sends me on my way. I am one happy angler today.
The guy is good. He's a little tough to find but if you get to 137th avenue turn north at 140 St.(Leon's) and go up about kilometre. He's on the left.
He's friendly and won't give you any BS.