PDA

View Full Version : Screws\boots

kinwahkly
12-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Just a note , I used size #8 1/2 inch sheet metal screw in the bottom of my arctic mucks thus past weekend ant they worked awesome, cheap compared to other cleats on the market.

silverdoctor
12-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Just a note , I used size #8 1/2 inch sheet metal screw in the bottom of my arctic mucks thus past weekend ant they worked awesome, cheap compared to other cleats on the market.

Yep, did that growing up, murder on mudders floors tho :sHa_shakeshout:

Door hinges with screws wired around your boots work great too, they never wear out.

Kyle
12-10-2012, 11:30 PM
what kind of pattern did you do on the boots with the screws?

kinwahkly
12-11-2012, 05:05 AM
I put 4 on the front ball and 4 on the heel part, out edges, my Muck boots have a really thick sole so there was no worries of penetrating thru the sole.

braxxtonn
12-11-2012, 06:31 PM
i have a pair of sorels that i studded with atv ice racing screws, they are pretty much a sheet metal screw that has a v notch cut into the head so there sharper, put about 15 plus in each boot, and they grip like crazy on ANY surface, including concrete and rocks, totally awsome

Darren57
12-12-2012, 12:11 PM
yeah i had my plumbing and heating van out a couple years ago with a container of them and did my boots the father-in-laws and another guys boots on the ice with the cordless drill. We were set for the season. its a little loud when you walk into a gas station with them on though. I just use ice cleats now.
I used 1/4 inch hex head half inch long screws but they are hard to find. 5/8'' are easier to find but i would not use them unless you have extra thick soles. The extra 1/8'' is enough to make me wory about peeling a bloody sock off of my foot at the end of the day.

mooseknuckle
12-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Yep Used to use tubed tires on an old dirt bike. Tech screws through the tread, blow up the tube and away you went on snow and ice. A little cold at high speeds but it was cheap on gas and insurance.