PDA

View Full Version : Antler Carving

dangerranger5143
12-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Hey All. Just wondering if anyone knew of an antler carver in the central alberta (Red Deer) area. Looking to get a set of sheds me and a buddy found a couple years back carved for his b day. Any info would be great.
Thanks.

DR

grizz7777
12-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Roland and Jason at Antlerhill Taxidermy east of Innisfail do outstanding carvings,go visit their showroom you won't be dissapointed

nc21
12-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Some of the best Antler carving i have ever seen was on a trip to Colville Lake NWT, I was up their for 10 days last working and had an off day waiting on parts. Walking around the villlage I stumbled accross a middle aged man carving in a rickety old shack behind his house, Wish I had pics his work was amazing !!! I traded a carton of cigaretts for a carving on a caribou shed and it managed to get destroyed in the 2 days of travel home

Acesneights
12-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Just one thing I heard was they cannot carve from sheds unless they are last years drops because they dry out to much, just giving you some info. My dad got one done up and it is truly amazing I believe it was around Edson if that helps. Good luck