PDA

View Full Version : Pike vid

WayneChristie
12-11-2012, 06:35 PM
catch and release of a fatty last week. probably the heaviest 33 incher Ive ever caught, a good 12 pounds. doesnt look that heavy til you see my hand beside her. First one Ive seen with a tumour in that lake also, hope its not a trend!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBnNWsroHVI&feature=plcp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epknNff_U6c&feature=plcp

AppleJax
12-11-2012, 07:06 PM
A tumor? And here I thought it was a hicky... Nice fatty:bad_boys_20:

THERICARDO
12-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Nice fish man.. Thanks for the video... also watch some of your other ones, walleye one and lost walleye... Great work thanks again

WayneChristie
12-11-2012, 07:13 PM
thanks, I should have been videoing more of my sturgeon, will have to do that for sure next season. The one time I really wish Id had the camera on was the time I brought a 12 pound walleye to the boat and there were 2 more the same size trying to take my bait from it, then biting my weight over and over. (whoda thought walleye fishing could get exciting)! :bad_boys_20:

EZM
12-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Cool Vid Wayne ........ love your theme music. That was a freaking piglet ...... nice snot monster for sure.

It had a nice mole like Marylin Monroe kind of .....

EZM
12-11-2012, 07:24 PM
We need to get AO to sponsor you for a helmet cam ............ maybe an early Christmas present ......... I'll kick in the first 5 bucks ........

WayneChristie
12-11-2012, 07:28 PM
thats what I was using. most of the time I cant find it :sHa_sarcasticlol: have to set it up on a hat the headband is hard to aim when you are fishing alone, dont usually take a mirror along, I scare easy :scared0018: Have to get some video of a 50 inch sturgeon doing some jumps, its the most awesome thing you will see while fishing in Alberta!

Chris84
12-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Very nice.....they are definetly looking chunky......also, loved the music

Piker
12-11-2012, 07:46 PM
A bit off the subject but Wayne where do you get that flooring in your tent? thanks Piker.

AppleJax
12-11-2012, 08:30 PM
A bit off the subject but Wayne where do you get that flooring in your tent? thanks Piker.

Canadian Tire and Home Depot both carry it.

WayneChristie
12-11-2012, 09:57 PM
got the flooring from CT you bet. makes a huge difference, keeps the tent warmer and cuts way down on the condensation especially with the insulated roof.sometimes on good clear ice I like to let the heater melt it a bit so I can see through it, just like walking on water, and I love watching the fish down below the ice when I bring them up

yeahright
12-11-2012, 11:14 PM
great vids!
i love readin the wayne christie updates!
always good!

honker_clonker
12-11-2012, 11:14 PM
How do you make the double/triple sized holes? Auger 2 and spud them until they join, or auger them overlapping? I would like to try that this year!

Thanks!

WayneChristie
12-12-2012, 05:22 AM
drill them alternately overlapped a bit. Im usually far from the maddening crowd so I dont have to worry about anyone stepping in them. plus they freeze over very fast for those who dont like them :argue2:

canadiantdi
12-12-2012, 06:48 AM
nice fattie

PureCDN
12-12-2012, 09:02 AM
I just relized how small those tents can be after you put in chairs heaters and the rest of the gear, are they fire retardent? seems alittle scary for that heater in such a small area, what about CO2 do you get tent eye? Anyways great fishing might have to try that Wab lake sometime just for fun.

Piker
12-12-2012, 10:29 AM
thanks for the replies. I built one made out of plywood with trim. precut holes anchors to tie down tent but it turned out pretty heavy. It made it into a 2 man operation. I like tiles a lot better. thks Piker

WayneChristie
12-12-2012, 11:27 AM
I just relized how small those tents can be after you put in chairs heaters and the rest of the gear, are they fire retardent? seems alittle scary for that heater in such a small area, what about CO2 do you get tent eye? Anyways great fishing might have to try that Wab lake sometime just for fun. a

they are supposed to be fire retartent, rather not find out actually! I know they can contain a small propane explosion thouigh (always check your heater connection kids)
I have asthma so I keep the tent pretty well ventilated
looking to pick up an insulated 8x8 tent pretty quick so I will have lots more room

ogre
12-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks for releasing the CFL football. I'd hate to miss both hockey and football next year because they couldn't find their official game ball. :love0025:

kostianych
12-12-2012, 12:13 PM
great videos :)

WayneChristie
12-12-2012, 06:43 PM
I emailed the local SRD biologist about the tumor, his reply was " it appears to be Lymphosarcoma. Very common in Northern pike. It is a disease caused by a virus which infects the white blood cell known as lymphocyte. The tumour can progress from the muscle and skin into the internal organs. You can expect 99% mortality in pike when they get this tumour. Unsuitable for consumption by humans and pets."
seems a shame she wont likely make it, it was a nice healthy looking fish, for now anyways.