PDA

View Full Version : You guys hunt graze land ?

ali#1
12-12-2012, 01:48 AM
So I am not new to hunting but am looking at some new land around to go Coyote hunting, The places I go waterfoul hunting are too far away for a quick hunt (2-2.5 hours drive) and the few places I know that are crown land and graze land close to my area (Sherwood park) I have tried with no success. While browsing the internet I found alot of Provincial graze leases that are not too far from me (plus or minus an hours drive), places like Rannach, Smoky lake, Two hills and Minburn all seem to be very big and are open to hunt, Anybody here know much about these places and have some tips to help a guy out ?

Thank you in advance.

ali#1
12-12-2012, 07:56 PM
210 viewers and not a single response?

IR_mike
12-12-2012, 08:09 PM
You have sort of answered your own question.

You are allowed access to the areas mentioned so get out and go hunting.

Good luck!

ali#1
12-12-2012, 08:13 PM
You have sort of answered your own question.

You are allowed access to the areas mentioned so get out and go hunting.

Good luck!

I know I am allowed just wanted to know of anything special I should know of, weird conditions etc.

Acesneights
12-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Question .... How do you know how many views.... I don't think there are any conditions except keep gates as you found them which is the most important.

Acesneights
12-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Ohhh I figured it out. Anyways good luck

ali#1
12-12-2012, 08:33 PM
It says how many views in the column to the right of the thread. just to reinterate this thread wasn't looking for any bodies honey hole or anything. I have never hunted these places before and was looking for some info is all.

Kurt505
12-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Tip: look for pig barns/pig farmers. Usually there are a ton of yotes in these areas because the farmers throw out all the dead pigs. Talk to the farmers and ask where to set up. Most farmers, even the ones who don't allow big game hunting will let you set up for yotes.

4thredneck
12-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Tip: look for pig barns/pig farmers. Usually there are a ton of yotes in these areas because the farmers throw out all the dead pigs. Talk to the farmers and ask where to set up. Most farmers, even the ones who don't allow big game hunting will let you set up for yotes.

There aren't very many hog barns around anymore, but feedlots bring in coyotes.

338Bluff
12-12-2012, 10:09 PM
The grazing leases you mentioned will have coyotes. Go hunting. Expect to see a few other guys out. Calling would be your best bet.

You can also check out the Rocky, Medicine Lake, and Buck Mountain Community pastures as well.

338Bluff
12-12-2012, 10:11 PM
You may even find a wolf in the last 3 I mentioned. Not a guarantee, but a possibility.

H380
12-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Also check the last few pastures where cows were kept .. Coyotes are always found with or near cows .As well hunt areas with wildlife present , even if they are the target , watching them will give you

heads up when a dogs is around .. Good luck .

Mike_W
12-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Yes I do, the way I understand it is a lease holder is suppose to be contacted to alert them that you will be in / on there lease. They really can't prevent you from accessing by foot.
The most common conditions are no camping, no fires, foot access only if livestock is present and leave all gates in position found.