PDA

View Full Version : Ice thickness on Utikuma

12-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Anyone have any reports on Utikuma?

highwood
12-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Last I heard 10 inches. No idea about snow or how uniform the ice is.

Sea Hawk
12-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Guys I know were there yesterday.Drove on at 86. Some floodwater on the ice in places.14-16 inches of good ice.fishing was slow. They drove in on 80 on the way home and saw no floodwater and saw a truck and camper out on the ice toward the island.This lake is quite shallow so probably the reason for so much ice.

Scottie
12-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Fished there yesterday as well lots of flood water every where, fishing was slow but I would recommend a sled or ATV but travel at slow speeds. Only 1 set of truck tracks at km86 few guys walked on at 80. Something interesting I've never seen before was several spots with open flood water but upon closer inspection there was actual holes through the main ice freeze. Holes were only 2" in diameter but I was able to drop a hook down to the bottom, found a few spots like this ice in these spots was 8"s. kind of interesting something I've never seen before but like I said before sled is the best option.

Tyssen77
12-17-2012, 07:21 PM
I would also like to know this. Looking forward to fishing there this year

Wild&Free
12-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Fished there yesterday as well lots of flood water every where, fishing was slow but I would recommend a sled or ATV but travel at slow speeds. Only 1 set of truck tracks at km86 few guys walked on at 80. Something interesting I've never seen before was several spots with open flood water but upon closer inspection there was actual holes through the main ice freeze. Holes were only 2" in diameter but I was able to drop a hook down to the bottom, found a few spots like this ice in these spots was 8"s. kind of interesting something I've never seen before but like I said before sled is the best option.

muskrat/otter breather hole? Like seals in the artic perhaps.