PDA

View Full Version : Ice thickness at spray lakes?

craggerss
12-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Thinking about heading to spray on Monday, does anyone know what the ice is like yet, if not I guess I will find out when i get there :)

bubba 96
12-12-2012, 12:52 PM
was there touring sat see post with picts...

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=157892

jacenbeers
12-12-2012, 03:26 PM
I was also there Saturday. The notes on the linked post state that the ice was pretty good at Sparrowhawk but I think it is pretty sketchy. I am surprised the poster said that he saw no tracks going down from Sparrowhawk because I was there at dawn and spent a while down there in the morning, drilled multiple holes and left lots of tracks. The ice was thin but this weekend it might be OK.

bubba 96
12-12-2012, 04:08 PM
I was also there Saturday. The notes on the linked post state that the ice was pretty good at Sparrowhawk but I think it is pretty sketchy. I am surprised the poster said that he saw no tracks going down from Sparrowhawk because I was there at dawn and spent a while down there in the morning, drilled multiple holes and left lots of tracks. The ice was thin but this weekend it might be OK.

picts 4, 5, and 6 in my fist post where I said sparrowhawk was sketchy, I dont see any tracks in the picts, I was there at 1230pm, maybe there is some confusion on sparrowhak location, but if its about 10k past the boatlaunch then I missed any cars parked on the side of the road and I was going to walk down to the water but I didnt want to break first tracks..

BeeGuy
12-12-2012, 05:07 PM
picts 4, 5, and 6 in my fist post where I said sparrowhawk was sketchy, I dont see any tracks in the picts, I was there at 1230pm, maybe there is some confusion on sparrowhak location, but if its about 10k past the boatlaunch then I missed any cars parked on the side of the road and I was going to walk down to the water but I didnt want to break first tracks..

Sparrow Hawk is +/- 6km from the boat launch.

There is a day use area with signage, "Sparrow Hawk".

There is also ice fishing signage at the path to the water.

bubba 96
12-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks beeguy.....Well see ther ya go I was pretty sure I was at sparrowawk, where i park there are a bunch of rocks that looked like it was a Parkin lot at one time...usually 4 or 5 trucks parked along the side of the road.....then you walk down towards the water in a downslope gully to the water where a small creek comes out.....I assumed that was sparrowhalk, could someone tell me what spot that is so I don't supply wrong info there's usually 4 or 5 ice tents out on the ice there as well...that's funny lol....