PDA

View Full Version : swarovski range el

justhunt
12-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Hey just wondering how everyone that stepped up to the swarovski el range is liking them so far.

ditch donkey
12-12-2012, 09:00 PM
I am really happy with mine. For me, way more ergonomic than the zeiss. Also, the Zeiss seemed to put a yellow tinge on objects.

I took them to work, one guy ranged a tower at 853 meters, another guy grabbed it and said, "actually it's 854." The first guy says,"yeah, but your a meter behind me."

They don't range less than 30m, which is too bad, but I can live with that.

Hooter
12-12-2012, 09:08 PM
I've used mine a bit since I bought them in October and so far I love them. They're certainly expensive, but I think they're worth it. I tried all 3 of the big names (Swaro, Leica, Zeiss) and obviously I like the Swarovski the best, but a close second was the Zeiss, and in distant 3rd was Leica. Of course, this is just my opinion, and I already had a pair of ELs so I knew what I was getting in to.

pottymouth
12-13-2012, 01:07 AM
Got mine on order. Just a question, is there only one button, and what side is it on? ...k, two questions..lol

ditch donkey
12-13-2012, 10:13 AM
One button on the top left. If you have a decent sized hand you can hold the binos, and reach the button with one hand.

There is a button on the bottom to set different modes.

pottymouth
12-13-2012, 10:20 AM
One button on the top left. If you have a decent sized hand you can hold the binos, and reach the button with one hand.

There is a button on the bottom to set different modes.

No problem on the big mitts. Just it will be tough to range while holding my bow....hmmm

sheephunter
12-13-2012, 10:43 AM
No problem on the big mitts. Just it will be tough to range while holding my bow....hmmm

Yup, that is the one limitation with range finder/bino combinations is they are not ideal for bow hunting and using one handed is nearly impossible. I carry a seperate rangefinder when bow hunting. I'm not sure why Swaro chose the location for the button that they did...it seems a bit awkward to me.

I wasn't aware they wouldn't range less than 30m.....seems weird.

BackPackHunter
12-13-2012, 05:34 PM
i love mine.
ive hit hair at just under 1000 yards

Hooter
12-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Yup, that is the one limitation with range finder/bino combinations is they are not ideal for bow hunting and using one handed is nearly impossible. I carry a seperate rangefinder when bow hunting. I'm not sure why Swaro chose the location for the button that they did...it seems a bit awkward to me.

It would have been nice if they had a button on each side and you could select which one you wanted to use, or something that allows a guy to use them one handed. Oh well, it's a small annoyance for some awesome optics IMHO.

sheephunter
12-13-2012, 08:15 PM
It would have been nice if they had a button on each side and you could select which one you wanted to use, or something that allows a guy to use them one handed. Oh well, it's a small annoyance for some awesome optics IMHO.

The Zeiss buttom is super handy and it's still not a great choice for one-handed archery use. Is the read out in both eye pieces on the Swaro....or just one?

ditch donkey
12-13-2012, 10:06 PM
The read out is in the right lense, and I believe the laser is in the left. If you're holding the binoculars not quite square to your eye, the display can seem dim, or almost unseeable.

Also, I am aware unseeable is probaly not a real word.

RobinB
12-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Got a pair this year upgraded from non hd Geovids,swaros I find clearer,a friend bought my geovids and when compareing them the geovids almost have a green tinge.I like the range button better on geovids though.My favorites are still the 10x32 ELs I sold.

BigRackLover
12-14-2012, 12:23 PM

Glad I got the 10x42 EL then.

sheephunter
12-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Glad I got the 10x42 EL then.

They won't range under 30m either...or over 30 for that matter.....lol

Pierre Tessier
12-14-2012, 07:36 PM
The EL Range are amazing bino's. You can't go wrong with them.

I have 10x42mm SLC Hd's and hope to get that new modular STX spotter...:sHa_shakeshout: