PDA

View Full Version : Perch at Chestermere lake

g1987man
12-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Another quick question...
Has anybody caught perch there? I was trolling that lake this summer, catching little pike and saw a dead perch. It was so large and discolored that I first thought it was a little walleye before I got closer. It was at least 12-13''.
anybody tried to target them there?

Thanks
G

TROLLER
12-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Talked to a local who claims he caught them in the summer. He gave me very explecit directions as to where to fish.

I went about 6 times drilled without a lie 150holes and nothing. I know they are in there just havent been able to run into them yet.

First I heard of anything in the jumbo range tho, I was told they were all in the 6-8 but maybe the one you saw floating was an oldie that just crocked from old age.

I liken catching the perch at Chestemere almost like at Eagle Lake. They are in there but finding em is another huge project.

g1987man
12-13-2012, 05:03 PM
is there fish at eagle lake???

catchandeat
12-13-2012, 05:47 PM
There is definetely fish at eagle lake, but I wouln't eat anything out of there. The lake is super dirty/silty. :tongue2:

TROLLER
12-13-2012, 06:24 PM
There is definetely fish at eagle lake, but I wouln't eat anything out of there. The lake is super dirty/silty. :tongue2:

Pulled a few nice Walleye out there last winter and they tasted just like a walleye should. Even had the cheeks as an apetizer.

Friend on mine keeps pike out of Eagle every winter and says they taste fine. So who knows right?

EZM
12-13-2012, 09:10 PM
20 years ago, when I was a young man, perch were quite easy to catch and there were lots out there.

I am really surprised to hear they are hard to come by. "The old guys in the tinner" (I think they were Hungarians that lived on the east side a few down from the old sailing club) always seem to bring back some really really nice perch (10"-12").

We managed only a handful of perch that size out there (by fluke) - most of them small.

It seemed to go south after they dredged and developed around the west shore and north part of the lake.

catchandeat
12-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Pulled a few nice Walleye out there last winter and they tasted just like a walleye should. Even had the cheeks as an apetizer.

Friend on mine keeps pike out of Eagle every winter and says they taste fine. So who knows right?

Thats good! I went icefishing there twice last year and got skunked. The lake just looked really muddy and dirty to me, but thats great they tasted good. Maybe i'll have to reconsider going fishing there! The limits are certainly great! Haha

EZM
12-13-2012, 10:09 PM
is there fish at eagle lake???

Eagle Lake is a great walleye lake ..... some very nice sized eyes in there years ago. Rough as hell with a little wind and murky.

Fishingaddict
12-14-2012, 08:39 AM

Are you talking the one by strathmore because I just looked at the regs and it says trout 2 and open all year that's it no pike or walleye or are they in there?

Fishingaddict
12-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Looking through the regs and saw one eagle lake in es1 and pp1 pp1 is perch pike walleye and es1 is two trout weird:thinking-006:

TROLLER
12-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Looking through the regs and saw one eagle lake in es1 and pp1 pp1 is perch pike walleye and es1 is two trout weird:thinking-006:

PP means prairie es means eastern slopes of the rockies.

Eagle Lake at Strathmore is in PP1 no trout in that lake.

BTW shouldn't you be in school?

Fishingaddict
12-14-2012, 11:51 AM
No we get every other Friday off in our school division:sHa_shakeshout: