PDA

View Full Version : Tuning problem with Katera

opto55
05-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Recently purchased a new Katera. 60# 27" draw Easton 400 arrows Whisker Biscit rest and 3 pin cobra site. My groups were not repeatable so I decided to paper tune using the Easton guide off the net. The paper tuning showed that the fletch was high indicating a high notch. I tried raising the rest and that exacerbated the problem. In fact I went through all tha adjustment range on the WB and it made no difference in the tear pattern. I have tuned bows before using the Easton guide and it worked perfect. Hunting season is coming and I am starting to worry as I know that this bow is capable of greater consistency. Please help me.

Bulletproof
05-30-2008, 10:26 AM
are you shooting cock vane up? If you have contact then the WB could be kicking the arrow up giving you the high tear. I would check for that. Cams could also be out of time giving you uneven nock travel.

You could take it back and have the bow shop check everything out.

On most WBs there isnt good verticle adjustment. If you arent getting contact then you could try squaring up the WB and adjusting the nock point down to see if that helps.

Brett

broadfieldpoint
05-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Just a suggestion as I also have the Katera...and love it. Ditch the WB...yeah...its an OK rest....I have the Trophy Taker on mine. Paper tuned perfect...NEVER Had a problem,...yet!

jaybull
06-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Maybe your arrows are not properly splined for your set up.Is the bow string broke in yet 200 300 shots or until the cams stop moving.Then are your cams timed ( after your string has stretched ) Then you can paper tune.But it sounds like your bow might be to fast for the wisker bunkit.lol