PDA

View Full Version : Huatulco

Greasemonkey
12-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Just wondering if any of you guys have done any fishing in this part of Mexico, going there in April and was wondering if someone might have some stories or experience fishing there thanks for any helpful replies

Mxyzptik
12-14-2012, 06:17 AM
We went to the Marina at Santa Cruz ( sp? ) which was a quick cab ride from Huatulco and hired a young guy and his boat ( big penga ) for the day. We caught some mackeral and a bunch of torpedo shaped fishes that he called Chula. They were strong and put up a good fight.

After fishing for a few hours we went to watch some big turtles and we snorkled ( brought our own gear ) while he cleaned the fish.

We kept two and had them cooked at the restaurant right there at the marina and gave him the rest.

It was a great day.

afterburner
12-14-2012, 08:17 AM
I have been there a few times. My most favorite travel destination. I always use Jesus Vasquez, White Shark fishing adventures and tours, he has a web site, www.whitesharkfishing-huatulco.com. His e-mail is sharkv74@yahoo.com. His english is very good. I was last there 2 years ago, he has a 30' panga, the rate was, 8hrs, 400$/day for the boat for 1 or 4 people, he will supply the bait, beverages and ice. In Jan.we caught lots of Bonito, then went for Marlin and Sailfish. Landed a 8' Sail and lost 2. In April Mahi Mahi were plentiful, Battled a 12' 400-500lb Black Marlin for 3 hrs, the leader broke at the boat. Jesus likes his clients to do very well, Billfish are released, the others are taken for food, most resorts will cook them for you. Lots of sea life to see, Dolphins,turtles,manta rays etc, unbeleaveable. If he is booked for your dates I also know of another good fisherman there.

afterburner
12-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Search tripadvisor, in tripadvisor search Huatulco, click things to do, click activities, there you will find the 2 top fisherman with reviews and pictures. Under Whiteshark I have a compressed video with the heading, Dances with Marlin, we had to take turns with the Marlin so I videoed. You will also find good info for your resort in TA as well. Depending on tides and currents if the water is blue you will slay, if it is brown not so good, they will look for blue water maybe out 20 + miles. Just tell them what you are after, smaller fish are in closer with lots of action, billfish are out further with putting more time in. We took the ladies out one day, they have a 5 gallon pail on the boat, used a towel for a curtain. Good Luck