PDA

View Full Version : Jiffy augers

gor
12-16-2012, 05:19 PM
I have a three year old jiffy, that has been a pcs of crap. Turns out carbs where scrap right from china.
Big surprise. Got new carb for twenty eight bucks, and it is a smooth starting hole punching bitc!!!!!!. Also if your carb is good a lot had no gasket between the manifold and block causing no fuel pressure. Do not throw your jiffy out just yet, see a small engine guy and life is good.

FishHunterPro
12-16-2012, 06:10 PM
what kind of carb to look for,my friends is a piece of crap too

New Hunter Okotoks
12-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Sometimes (not all the time) all that they need is a good carb cleaning and some fresh fuel with a quality 2 stroke oil.

I have heard guys say that their chainsaw or auger won't start. Then they say that they have not ran it in 2 years (or more) and the things a POS. When the gas smells like varsol; it's probably not going to run. Likely an hour spent taking it apart and cleaning it is all that is required. Or maybe as little as $50 at a small engine mechanic if it's nothing serious.

WayneChristie
12-16-2012, 06:28 PM
cleaned my carb out and still a POS . Loving my propane engine!

Gumbi
12-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Mine runs awsome for 3 year. Make sure u run it out of fuel at the end of the year, Begin of the year i run half a tank a little lean. Get a good spark plug and keep it clean, or u will be pullin that cord for ever, lol...

gor
12-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Park sales in brooks has carbs 4033623255. Also has better price on propane and 4 stroke augers than bass no shop.

WayneChristie
12-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Park sales in brooks has carbs 4033623255. Also has better price on propane and 4 stroke augers than bass no shop.

thanks for the heads up, maybe after new years I will get mine redone and put it up for sale, unless someone wants to do it and get it for cheaper, jiffy white lightning 9 inch

deanmc
12-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Cool. thanks !

bentley
12-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Sometimes (not all the time) all that they need is a good carb cleaning and some fresh fuel with a quality 2 stroke oil.

I have heard guys say that their chainsaw or auger won't start. Then they say that they have not ran it in 2 years (or more) and the things a POS. When the gas smells like varsol; it's probably not going to run. Likely an hour spent taking it apart and cleaning it is all that is required. Or maybe as little as $50 at a small engine mechanic if it's nothing serious.

I agree completely , 2 strokes with premix that has turned to green jello in a few years must be cleaned . It helps to use fuel stabilizer , cheap insurance .

snowman160
12-16-2012, 10:22 PM
ive had my jiffy for almost 15 yrs drilled hundreds an hundreds of holes with it an only problem ive ever had was when the spring broke in the drive shaft housing..had to special order a new one,bit of a pain in the ass but shes still rippin holes like it did the day i got it!!!