PDA

View Full Version : Slave Lake Conditions?

sheepstalker
12-16-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm going to be in slave lake this week. Is it worth it to bring my ice fishing gear?. Is anyone driving on the lake yet?

Wild&Free
12-16-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm going to be in slave lake this week. Is it worth it to bring my ice fishing gear?. Is anyone driving on the lake yet?

There were shacks out at Joussard at the end of November, not many but some people had them out. Some warm weather and snow recently might have some flood water on the lake. I haven't been there since the end of Nov. so can't give a current update. As for driving on that lake, I grew up in Slave Lake and have seen some amazing heaves and pressure ridges form. We never ice fished that lake growing up.

Cal
12-16-2012, 08:03 PM
A couple guys I know were doing realy well at the narrows. They said that out at the drop there was about two feet of ice, allong the shore though they broke through in a few locations on foot. I'm still not convinced that they didnt just go through the flood water ice even though they say differently, their theory is that because we got 2 feet of snow in mid october that never came off, the ground is still holding some warmth. As crazy as that sounds I wouldnt discount it, seen lots of instances where this is causing trouble this year in the oilfield.