PDA

View Full Version : First day out with the new Marcum 825

Bobby B.
12-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Super Dave and I were both pumped to try out my new Marcum 825. This morning, we left town abit earlier than usual and headed out to our favorite trout lake, Lake X.

We first set up in X FOW and rigged up our lines with X lures and X bait. The trout were hitting us hard and we were really enjoying the advantage of the UW camera. Within an hour, we had hooked and released maybe a dozen 14" trout. Coming out of the tent to take a leak, I asked a neighbor how the fishing was for him and his buddies. He said they had yet to see a fish on camera or to hook one. Same thing we always hear. I smiled and said we hadn't seen or hooked a fish yet, either. Smiling to myself as I reentered our tent, I said to SD, "I think I'm getting the hang of fishing". "Always BS about what you're doing". SD just laughed because he, too, was getting the hang of fishing.

After awhile, we didn't see or hook anymore trout so we moved to X FOW. Thanks to the Marcum, we saw trout but also saw they didn't want anything to to with our X lures and X bait. We switched up a couple times then started hooking some more trout. Cool.

In the end, we saw alot of trout and hooked maybe 25. SD hooked and iced the biggest trout of the day, a 19 incher. We did see a few bigger trout but couldn't coax them into taking our bait. All in all, the Marcum exceeded our expectations and really proved beneficial in catching trout. SD and I were entertained all day due to the views offered by the Marcum. I should have bought a UW camera off the start last year when we started iced fishing.

If I ever learn how, I'll try and record and post what we see on the Marcum. I think it would be fun to share what we see plus rewatch some of the highlights ourselves.

A BIG THANKS to the guys at TFH westend who've answered our many questions and shared some of their knowledge with SD and me.

Bobby B.

sns2
12-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Sounds like you had a great day at Lake X, otherwise known as Chickakoo?

sns2
12-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Carson?

WayneChristie
12-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Frank

Bobby B.
12-16-2012, 06:56 PM
No, and no. I'll give you a hint, the first letter in the lake's name is a consonant.

Don't worry, we'll take you there once you finish teaching all those kids how to cook. Better start building up those biceps.

Bobby B.

pelada trochu
12-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Cool. Have fun. Toys are awesome

Wes_G
12-16-2012, 10:48 PM
You're not in any way associated with MARCUM are you?

Bobby B.
12-17-2012, 07:14 AM
You're not in any way associated with MARCUM are you?

Yes, I'm the President of Marcum and Super Dave is the VP. We also own the lake we were fishing on, along with a number of others. We attained our positions merely by playing squash with important people.

Both SD and I are really mad at Marcum because as Pres. and VP for the past 20 years, we should of had a FREE new Marcum many years ago. So, after waiting years for our free Marcum, I finally broke down and bought my own. I was also considering Aqua Vu just because I was so mad at Marcum. I hope this answers your question.

Bobby B.

Red Neck
12-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Sounds like hi teck is becoming even more comon place in our huts:thinking-006:My dad and I have been using a freinds old Aquaview as a test and as a guy with a once broken back that is held together with rods and screws I have to say siting comfortbly watching a screen is sooo much easyer than stairing intensly down a hole for 8-10 hours a day. Plus it is much more of a challenge me against the big brain of a fish, you can watch them snub your efferts:angry3:So we are also giving in to the tecnology of today and are looking forward to ouyr new Marcum:) Tight lines and safe fishing to all in the new year:)

Red Neck out:scared0018:

pelada trochu
12-18-2012, 01:19 AM
What did u buy red neck?

thorne
12-18-2012, 09:49 AM
I picked up that same unit 2 years ago and love it!!! It did however have water leak into the camera the first time out this year. I called around and no replacement camera could be found. So I called the customer service number on the Marcum web site and my call was immediately answered by a great guy who was very easy to talk to. I told him what happend ie: dropped the camera down the hole and in 5 minutes my screen went fuzzy....pulled it up and there was water floating around in the camera head, so how do i go about ordering a new one? He then took all my information and said.." well you see its like this...I just put you in the system and its gonna take about 10 days for your new camera head to show up on your door step" So that was cool, easy enough! So when I asked about method of payment he tells me don't worry about it, we just want you back out fishing.....OK now I was confused...OK do I ship the old one back??? Na, he said, we are just oing to throw it in the garbage anyway...So Marcum shipped me out a new camera, free ( a replacement is a few hundred dollars) and didnt put me throught the red tape BS...So big 2 thumbs up from me!!! Guess what Im saying is you did well selecting the camera you did, and if you have any isssues, it will be delt with! Seems the older cameras had air space in the bodies which could lead to a leak and filling up with water. The new ones (most like yours) are filled with and acrilic epoxy so the camera head is totally solid with no place for water to leak into, and making it very, very strong. Anyway thats my Marcum 825 story...Very Cool Units. Couple of tips.

1) Do the calibration to the monitor and the Camera on the ice to aline the electronic compass located in each. When doen properly away from all other magnetic and electronic sources, it becomes extremely accurate in reagards to where it shows you the camera is located on teh screen and its actual position.

2) always turn the camera on above water, let it calibrate ( which takes a second or so) and then lower into the water. you will notice the colors are true to life and the picture is much better. If you lower in down and then turn it on the color calibrations are slightly off leaving a slightly lower quality picture.

****DISCLAIMER****

The opinions and views expressed here are solely those of the poster and not those of Marcum, and the poster is in no way affiliated with Marcum nor is recieving any form of compensation for expression of the opinions provided.

......just so its clear.:)