PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Shooting Question (newbie)

PSCCanada
12-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Small introduction and question that I will be posting via my cell phone so I apologize in advance if I make a couple mistakes.

I've decided on my first firearm (non restricted shotgun)that I will be purchasing at the beginning of the new year however I am attempting to find places that I can just target shoot. Now that I live in edmonton I know I am not able to do within the city.

But as I am new to this does anybody know of places other than actual ranges that I would be able to drive out to and just shoot at? I would prefer not to belong to a firearms range unless its the only option.

Can't wait to here some response and tips.

Thanks

catnthehat
12-16-2012, 09:08 PM
It all depends on where one lives.
Up here we have all kinds of places on crown land where we can shoot.
For the life of me however, I cannot figure out why someone would not want to belong to a range if they want to shoot but are new to shooting- you can learn much , much more in real life with people actually teaching you than you can on the internet or reading a book.:confused:
Welcome to AO BTW!:)
Cat

PSCCanada
12-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Sorry, should've probably clarified what I meant to "new".
I had my own work firearms originally, that's the reason I got a pal. But I have recently decided to purchase my OWN firearm. As I have not worked for the company for some time and wanna get back into doing "range days".

I don't want to belong to a range simply for the fact I like my piece and quite on my days off. I don't wanna listen to everybody else's guns going off. If that makes sense. I wanna go out to the country side and just target shoot.

It would be great just to find somewhere around Edmonton that I would be able to go out to a shoot at, other then a range.

Lefty-Canuck
12-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Well you will need to befriend a landowner then....and his neighbours "peace and quiet" might be disturbed by your shooting :)

A range is a place where you can still enjoy making the noise without affecting others "peace and quiet" and it helps solidify and further our shooting sports....something to consider.

LC

conan
12-17-2012, 02:04 AM
Well you will need to befriend a landowner then....and his neighbours "peace and quiet" might be disturbed by your shooting :)

A range is a place where you can still enjoy making the noise without affecting others "peace and quiet" and it helps solidify and further our shooting sports....something to consider.

LC

Agree go out of the city and find a landowner with a bunch of bales usually they will let you sight in your gun. Don't take it personally if he won't he will have his reasons.
Go a little further out ask to sight your gun in then if he is cool with that ask him if he minds you hunting out there next fall. Never pass up a chance to ask for permission.

Hunter Trav
12-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Get a map, find some green areas around the city (head west most likely), and go for a drive till you find a nice place to spray some lead in the aforementioned green area. That was easy...

Crap, where's my easy button...:D